Anyone else had fastboot problems?

Guest NeBlackCat

Guest NeBlackCat

This seems strange, which could mean I'm being an absolute idiot.

I have two LMTs here, one is completely stock, the other has T&L on.

I have a netbook (Vista Home Basic) onto which the Acer drivers have been installed (from USB_Acer_1.0_A22F_LiquidMetal.zip, downloaded from Acer).

ADB mode works fine for both phones. I can do "adb devices" and see either, and do all the normal adb stuff.

However I can't get fastboot to work on either of them:

1) Both boot into fastboot mode ok (colour bars visible)

2) Both show "Processing commands" on the screen when then connected to the netbook

3) The netbook then shows the "ADB Interface\Acer Fastboot interface" driver in Device Manager, as (I assume) it should

BUT:

4) fastboot.exe on the netbook can never communicate with them. For example "fastboot.exe devices" never shows a device. I've tried several versions of fastboot.exe, eg. as supplied with various popular recoveries, with no difference. I run fastbook from exactly the same command shell that adb works fine under.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Edited by NeBlackCat

Guest NeBlackCat

Well, it ended up being fastboot.exe.

Use the fastboot.exe that's in the Android SDK, or the one installed with the ADT, it works.

All others I've tried so far, including those included in the popular recoveries, don't.

However all adb.exe's (in any of the above) work.

This seems very strange. Has no-one got an explanation?

Guest NeBlackCat

For Liquid MT you MUST use:

fastboot -i 0x0502 ..........

By

Thanks for that mate. That makes the fastboot in the recoveries work now, though you can't use it with the "devices" command (it just produces the help screen). So if you're writing a script that includes a "fastboot devices" to check that the LMT is attached, you still have to use the fastboot.exe in the SDK or ADT (which don't seem to need the "-i 0x0502" parameter).

Good to know though, thanks again.