Phandroid demos Asus MeMo Quad-Core Tegra 3 tablet. It looks very impressive.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Announced at the Asus press conference at CES, not much was known about the 7inch MeMO 370T, other than it being Tegra 3 powered and only costing an absurd $250. Now we have a few more details from a video walkthrough from Phandroid.

The first thing to note it that this thing is FAST. The build of ICS on it just steams through the launcher, as well as apparently looking very good on the 7 inch screen - said to be running at 720p (but more likely 1280x800, which is far more common on tablets). This is most likely due to the Quad-Core Tegra 3 CPU inside, an amazing addition for such a cheap tablet.

Sadly, no release date has been supplied, nor any battery life statistics – two important areas. If those two areas do turn out to be favourable, this could be one of the best Android tablets coming out this year.

Even more unfortunately, there's a chance that this tablet won't see release in the UK at all. Asus claims that "In the UK we don't see a demand for the 7in tablet at the moment and we will be focusing on releasing a Padfone" (Source: The Inquirer) This is, of course, very disappointing. We don't really have any decent 7 inch tablets (at a decent price) over here. Lets hope the Padfone turns out to be good enough to make us forgive Asus!

Video posted by Phandroid

070632a843605afa4cde3985c1765c9e.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest Mark Dearlove

The non Uk thing is a joke - hopefully they change their mind. Also I would rather have a front facing camera than a rear facing one on a device this size.

Guest Mr.Clark

I only know one person with a 7" tablet, and several, myself included, with some flavour of 10" (mostly the TF101, but one Xoom, I think).

Personally, I'd choose Padfone over this. I can see why the 7" might tempt some people though, especially if it comes out and is priced competitively with the Kindle Fire...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.