Test New ROM without wrecking your phone

Guest ltpitt

Hi all!

I would like to test the new miui and cyanogen but I would like to do it with the less pain possible.

Can I keep my installed programs on link2sd?

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest Chrisund123

Do a nandroid backup with cwm, then you can go back to your current ROM as is, including apps on SD. However, I would do a full wipe (including your sd ext) when switching ROMs.

Guest pigio92

Do a nandroid backup with cwm, then you can go back to your current ROM as is, including apps on SD. However, I would do a full wipe (including your sd ext) when switching ROMs.

So i don't lose anything?I have to update the CIANO but i don't want to lose all my data :(

Guest Chrisund123

You won't lose anything if you revert back to the backup, but when going to a new ROM you will have to reinstall your apps. However you can use Titanium Backup to backup your app data to take the pain out of it.

I'm quite seasoned at switching ROMs now, and its always a bit of a pain but you can take the sting out of it mostly. My method is like this:

1. Using Titanium Backup or similar, backup your apps (dont bother with backing up system settings etc, never works properly!

2.Do a nandroid backup using CWM or Amon Ra.

3. Do a full wipe (cache, data, dalvik and re-format ext)

4. Install ROM

5. Boot up, install apps

6. Restore app data with Titanium backup.

Then if you don't like it, you can restore your nandroid backup! :D