[Q] What rom is the best as far as battery life and looks are concerned?

Guest The Stkfigure

Guest Watashi_PT

So, im looking for a rom with proper battery life, I Listen to music, need data on for whatsapp and facebook, and text a lot.

No doubt. Install Fish'N'Chips

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Im using GSF r4 with the undervolt kernel,

And so far with light usage and wifi/3g on all day im at 82%

with 8h 5mins disconnected from charger

Guest brookergray

He also mentions looks as an important factor. When I looked at THAT the first time I felt like throwing up. So I think there should be a tiny little doubt.

My opinion CM7. OK battery life (you should charge it every night anyway) and has a few ok looking themes.

Guest solidslash

The best option for you is to check them all yourself. I recommend Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie. Incredibly smooth animations and great battery life.

Yeah!!! u have to check it by urself because each one has its own benefits......I will suggest Blade Mix 360 of FA for looks and stability(It will be gud rom if u r a beginner in this forum).Stability is a big factor selecting any rom for daily usage!!!

Guest The Stkfigure

I'm using cm9 alpha5fix2. was using cm7.1 earlier, but battery life is still same, so not impressed.

Im looking for something that'll make my battery last the longest.

Edited by The Stkfigure

Guest androxcd35

i feel lewa rom is one of the best looking zte blade rom out there. Also i have tried Fish N Chips rls2....really nice and good-looking rom. CHEERS :)

Well, it's all up to you I guess. What I've done is basically stipped cm7 to it's skin and bones and injected some bottox where I want it to be. I can get 5-6 days out of it with normal/light use (this has got nothing to do with my modfications). For a customized look, pick a rom that has some flashable themes or ofc cm7 that has a theme manager. Also things like launcher icon packs and finding homescreen widgets that you like are a good start. For battery life, some roms fit better than others if you have any special needs (like gps for instance). Attached are a couple of screenshots from my cm7. So the bottom line is.. it's what you make out of it :)

post-861457-0-21408300-1326745313_thumb.

post-861457-0-60986400-1326745324_thumb.

Guest Amelo007

Well, it's all up to you I guess. What I've done is basically stipped cm7 to it's skin and bones and injected some bottox where I want it to be. I can get 5-6 days out of it with normal/light use (this has got nothing to do with my modfications). For a customized look, pick a rom that has some flashable themes or ofc cm7 that has a theme manager. Also things like launcher icon packs and finding homescreen widgets that you like are a good start. For battery life, some roms fit better than others if you have any special needs (like gps for instance). Attached are a couple of screenshots from my cm7. So the bottom line is.. it's what you make out of it :)

Dude, I want what you have..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sumdumguy

i m using cm7.2 sej's KANG with undervolt kernel. battery life is great, looks you decide:post-601762-0-15012000-1327671052_thumb.

what launcher and widget are you using to get it to look like that ?

Guest Shahmatt

So my ROM history is this:

1. Stock to Swedish Spring RLS4B (about 4 months)

2. SS RLS4B to Gingerbread Stir Fry B21 (about 4 months)

3. GSF B21 to Fish and Chips RLS2 (about 1 month)

- Really nice ROM. Smooth, fast, and with superior battery life.

4. F&C RLS2 to RLS3 (about 4 days)

- At this point I discovered that my GPS was not functioning correctly. It didn't lock on. Also didn't like the new notification bar graphics and transparency. Couldn't be bothered to try the fixes for transparency.

5. F&C RLS3 to Moldovan Mile High RLS9 (about 2 weeks). Installed this with the undervolted kernel.

- GPS works! Google maps app gets a little stuck when loading the "map" background. It appears to be less stable than before but on the plus side has always recovered and works.

- The undervolted kernel is effective. The battery seems to stop discharging when the phone is not in use. 'tis a freaky experience.

Overall comments:

F&Cs troublesome GPS on my phone was a deal breaker. GPS is very important to me! I'm not sure if others are facing this issue. But it will be the first thing I test if I move back to this ROM.

I think F&C seems to have a slight edge over MMHMP in terms of battery life when doing heavy stuff on the phone. The rate of battery discharge when playing games just seemed a little lower to me. However MMHMP with the undervolted kernel seems to be the king of idle time battery loss. I lose about 1% every two hours or so with data and everything enabled. Overall I would say that both ROMs are very good and can easily last you a whole day of heavy use with whatsapp, surfing the web etc.

(I read somewhere that some chap had installed F&C and plugged in the MMHMP undervolted kernel. If this works then you may be able to get the best of both worlds)

The notification bar transparency on F&C has been resolved in RLS3.2 by making it all black. But I'm not sure about the graphics. Hopefully they fix that. Looks awful compared to the smooth professional loveliness that is in MMHMP. MMHMP is reminiscent of GSF actually, which was a very nice and stable ROM.

F&C RLS3.2 advertises very fast internet speed compared with Swedish Snow. I modified my system->build file to a few suggested fixes on the net but improvements, if any at all, don't seem significant. I may move back to this ROM sooner to try this out.

Both ROMs are good and have great battery life. You can't really go wrong. I'm sticking with MMHMP for now because I need the GPS to work properly. But I anticipate I'll be moving back and forth anyway since it's fun and I don't like being bored!

Edited by Shahmatt

Guest Akash P

You have got to be kidding me!!! That Rom looks hideous!!!

The best Rom by far has to be either Swedish Snow RLS2 or my favourite cm7.2 sej's KANG with undervolt kernel (26 jan).

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

Yeah!!! u have to check it by urself because each one has its own benefits......I will suggest Blade Mix 360 of FA for looks and stability(It will be gud rom if u r a beginner in this forum).Stability is a big factor selecting any rom for daily usage!!!

So you mean to imply that Moldovan or Swedisg Spring or even the latest KANG are not as stable and as good looking as that 360 ? How on earth will using 360 be good rom if one is a beginner in this forum???? Seriously man that's just a bucket load of cr**!! If you cant give legit advice then refrain from doing so completely.

Edited by Akash P

Guest The Stkfigure

So i checked out all the roms, flashed MMHMP,Swedish Snow, Fish and chips is downright ugly :/

I wanna try the cm7.2 sej's KANG with undervolt kernel but i cant find a proper walkthrough and zips anywhere? I have the main zip but do i have to flash the undervolt kernel seperately?

Guest Akash P

So i checked out all the roms, flashed MMHMP,Swedish Snow, Fish and chips is downright ugly :/

I wanna try the cm7.2 sej's KANG with undervolt kernel but i cant find a proper walkthrough and zips anywhere? I have the main zip but do i have to flash the undervolt kernel seperately?

No worries mate! first you gotta repartition your blade. use the 160mb tpt image from here My link . just extract the contents to your sd card, reboot pressing home+volume up+power button. then download sej's kang with the undervolt kernel included My link and flash via CWM.

Guest sangajoute1

No worries mate! first you gotta repartition your blade. use the 160mb tpt image from here My link . just extract the contents to your sd card, reboot pressing home+volume up+power button. then download sej's kang with the undervolt kernel included My link and flash via CWM.

Hi,

I have bought an Idea Blade a few days back and very new to android. I've tried CM 7.1.0 (stable) but the camera didn't work, couldn't fix it with the patch by Burstlam either. My question is will CM 7.2 RC0 fix the camera problem? If it does, I'd very much like to try it out.

Thanks.