T-Mobile Pulse Boot problems

Guest Vertigo3

Guest Vertigo3

Hi all,

I've had a T-Mobile Pulse for around 2 years now, always was a fine phone. I rooted it a long time ago, put the recovery on it and used some custom roms (but got back to 2.1 some months ago).

But right now it's got a problem, started 2 days ago. I tried to start the phone, but it stopped with the android logo. Could not get in to boot again.

The Pulse won't boot. What happens:

I press power (power only), it starts, display: T-Mobile logo. And that's it, i've kept it on for 2 hours, just the T-mobile logo on display.

I press red + vol down + power, it starts fast boot mode (sometimes have to try this again since IT DOES start the fast boot, but might restart 1 sec later), but I can get into fast boot.

I press red + vol up + power, it starts into official rom installing (sometimes have to try this again since it DOES start, but might restart 1 sec later), can install the custom rom (successfully tried 1.5 and 2.1) but it does not restart (not even after 1 hour).

I press red + menu + power, I got into the recovery once, can't usually get into this mode.

Is there anyone who knows what I can do to fix the phone?

Hi all,

I've had a T-Mobile Pulse for around 2 years now, always was a fine phone. I rooted it a long time ago, put the recovery on it and used some custom roms (but got back to 2.1 some months ago).

But right now it's got a problem, started 2 days ago. I tried to start the phone, but it stopped with the android logo. Could not get in to boot again.

The Pulse won't boot. What happens:

I press power (power only), it starts, display: T-Mobile logo. And that's it, i've kept it on for 2 hours, just the T-mobile logo on display.

I press red + vol down + power, it starts fast boot mode (sometimes have to try this again since IT DOES start the fast boot, but might restart 1 sec later), but I can get into fast boot.

I press red + vol up + power, it starts into official rom installing (sometimes have to try this again since it DOES start, but might restart 1 sec later), can install the custom rom (successfully tried 1.5 and 2.1) but it does not restart (not even after 1 hour).

I press red + menu + power, I got into the recovery once, can't usually get into this mode.

Is there anyone who knows what I can do to fix the phone?

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but that sounds bad. :(

I assume you have pulled out the battery many times, but have you left it out for an extended time to make sure everything is cleared before reinserting it? Other than that, if you can successfully install an official rom, that should be replacing everything I can think of that might be causing a problem. It might simply be broken, in which case I hope it's still under warranty.

On the other hand, other than the cost, I'd be relieved if my U8220 broke (as well as saddened). Then I'd have every excuse to go and buy a new phone. :D

Guest Vertigo3

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but that sounds bad. :(

I assume you have pulled out the battery many times, but have you left it out for an extended time to make sure everything is cleared before reinserting it? Other than that, if you can successfully install an official rom, that should be replacing everything I can think of that might be causing a problem. It might simply be broken, in which case I hope it's still under warranty.

On the other hand, other than the cost, I'd be relieved if my U8220 broke (as well as saddened). Then I'd have every excuse to go and buy a new phone. :D

Hehe yeah I know, it's probably dead already. Got a backup phone working anyway, so unless I get it to work...

This stuff keeps on getting weirder and weirder (for me at least..):

What happened today:

Did not use the Pulse for a full day. Booted it, didn't give any response. Plugged it into the power and waited for a little while. Got response after 1 minute, the buttons pulsed on and off, did that for a couple of times. I guess that means the battery is loading, but I did not want to wait. Removed the battery and booted. Got a strange screen (black and white scratched, might take a picture if it happens again) after waiting 25 seconds: ANDROID (loading screen).

WOW! :|

Got into android for 3 minutes, could use it, did not take a look which version it was but guess it was the 2.1 version due to the boot logo.

The phone rebooted (out of nowhere).

Got in one again, put the battery back in, rebooted after 20 seconds of use, could not do anything.

Can't get into it no more... I get the same black and white scratched screen when I boot the phone now. (can't seem to find anyone else with this problem).

What can this be? Does this have to do with the battery, corrupt bootloader or something else?

I know it's probably not even worth it to fix the phone, but I just love to know what this thing is, it's weird, never seen it before on android (and I've had 2 phones before this one..)