[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest PabloRSS

I'm here just to say, THANKS KonstaT!!

Your ROM is flawless and the only option to make my ZTE Blade GPS works again. I'm using in the brazillian ZTE version sold by a extra store..

Thanks for your efforts.

Just one question. Is it possible to update the preinstalled apps via Android market? They are listed as Not installed in the market app.

Guest toligado

Yeah, apparently it does that on pt-BR locale. Same screen force-closes if you put estonian locale. :P Can't see any obvious reason why, so I can't promise a fix. This ROM originally had language support only for swedish and english.

Ok, I understand, I was thinking that could be a bad installation... there is no problem about it :)

Guest DarkCrono

If you would like to help by translating ROM settings to your language, you can find the strings to translate from post #40. I've now also translated power menu options (reboot, recovery, screenshot) to few languages (cs,de,es,fi,hu,it,ja,ko,ru,sv,zn) and more translations would be much appreciated. :)

It's possible that there won't be updates after RLS4 for some time. I'm not saying that it's going to be final though. We've all seen how that's worked out before. ;) I've added few more new features and now I'm just starting to run out of ideas of what to add...

On Portuguese (pt_BR) the translation is

Screenshot - Captura de Tela

Reboot - Reiniciar

Recovery - Recovery

Guest sal.fresco

Hi!

Been using MMHMP till RLS9 and today i've switched to this one.

So far so good, all is working.

Thanks KonstaT for the great Rom's you've been writing.

Edit:

My sugestion for a name: Swedish Snow Cone

Edited by sal.fresco

Guest Jitesh12345

KonstaT,

Can u Include In-built , Silent Camera Shutter Function in this rom ( Swedish Snow ) ? CM7.1 has in it.

And The Main Part - Call Recording

I have tried Call Recorder ( paid version) which has green icon , but i cant hear second person voice loudly.. it is very silent... can u suggest something .. Thanx - Using Gen 2 Blade ( Indian Version - Dell XCD 35 ) Rom is Swedish Snow

Edited by Jitesh12345

Guest Shahmatt
\

It's possible that there won't be updates after RLS4 for some time. I'm not saying that it's going to be final though. We've all seen how that's worked out before. ;) I've added few more new features and now I'm just starting to run out of ideas of what to add...

How about some good old fashioned synthetic ringtones and notification tones? Somehow the default tones on all the ROMs never work for me. Give me an old fashioned "beep-beep" or "boop-boop" any day. LoL!

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hmm today when i was using the GPS navigation, the phone rebooted.

Since i realy needed the navigation i went back to Fish n Chips for the moment, becouse i know that one never gave me any problem with GPS

Guest MidaMilunk
<br />Hmm today when i was using the GPS navigation, the phone rebooted.<br />Since i realy needed the navigation i went back to Fish n Chips for the moment, becouse i know that one never gave me any problem with GPS<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Interesting... I have been using SS since RLS2 has been released, I use GPS almost every day, usually more than one per day, but never experienced any reboots.

Updatet to RLS3 on the day it has been released.

no worries, thanks for telling me where the audio file was. Leave it in if you want. I'll just take it out every time. No need leave it out just for me.

All the best

EDIT:

I just tried to delete that file with Astro file manager, and I get error. Can't delete it

Astro isn't capable of doing it. You'll need a file manager that has a function to turn your /system writeable. You can also open up a terminal emulator and

$ su

# sysrw

# rm system/media/ui/bootaudio.mp3

# sysro

Edited by sm4tik

Guest youngsta2010

Hi thank you for your continued work KonstaT I've been happily using Moldovan for a while. I have a quick question in the screenshots it has stock battery but description says MIUI battery bar. I would prefer stock so which is it? Thanks again.

Guest kevo619

If you would like to help by translating ROM settings to your language, you can find the strings to translate from post #40. I've now also translated power menu options (reboot, recovery, screenshot) to few languages (cs,de,es,fi,hu,it,ja,ko,ru,sv,zn) and more translations would be much appreciated. :)

Love your Rom Konstant. I was wondering if you could add an option for font size in Rom settings just like on cm7.1 on your next release. Thanks

Guest SGH-i200

Is it possible for you to build a <b>PDroid (Privacy Protection)</b> patch for your ROM?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357056

I finally was able to build a PDroid <b>patch for RLS3</b>. The Windows patcher didn't worked on WinXP. Now I used Win7.

PDroid-v1.27-Swedish-Snow-RLS3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?gb1m1db8t8pz5p8

PDroid-RESTORE-Swedish-Snow-RLS3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ux2hoq1mpp8tbs

Edited by SGH-i200

Guest downloader50

Hi thank you for your continued work KonstaT I've been happily using Moldovan for a while. I have a quick question in the screenshots it has stock battery but description says MIUI battery bar. I would prefer stock so which is it? Thanks again.

It has both options

Hi KonstaT, thanks again for this amazing ROM. Can you check why it shows those rectangles (my locale is pt-PT), please? I remember that happened also in some releases of MMHP.

Keep up the good work!

post-805603-0-22897900-1328568994_thumb.

Guest DarkCrono

Hi KonstaT, thanks again for this amazing ROM. Can you check why it shows those rectangles (my locale is pt-PT), please? I remember that happened also in some releases of MMHP.

Keep up the good work!

Mine show this too, Pt_BR, but on every space, between, hour, minutes and seconds.

Keep up the good work!

+1

Guest bahteles

i'm using this rom about 1 day, and its awesome, great work!

and i install the chainfire 3d and play assassin's creed for a while, runs great, but then when i try to play GT Racing, on the loading screen to race the system reboot :/

btw, anyone recomended any launcher? i'm using the go launcher ex, but its not thaaat smooth .....

Guest matje103

i'm using this rom about 1 day, and its awesome, great work!

and i install the chainfire 3d and play assassin's creed for a while, runs great, but then when i try to play GT Racing, on the loading screen to race the system reboot :/

btw, anyone recomended any launcher? i'm using the go launcher ex, but its not thaaat smooth .....

Launcher Pro (Plus). It's pretty smooth.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for your efforts.

Just one question. Is it possible to update the preinstalled apps via Android market? They are listed as Not installed in the market app.

All included apps should already be to their latest versions (except Maps). They should display as installed in Market.

All included apps can be updated via Market.

KonstaT,

Can u Include In-built , Silent Camera Shutter Function in this rom ( Swedish Snow ) ? CM7.1 has in it.

And The Main Part - Call Recording

I have tried Call Recorder ( paid version) which has green icon , but i cant hear second person voice loudly.. it is very silent... can u suggest something .. Thanx - Using Gen 2 Blade ( Indian Version - Dell XCD 35 ) Rom is Swedish Snow

I could, but I won't. It is also illegal in some countries to have camera shutter sound disabled. There are many ways it can disabled by user. You can also use a camera replacement app (e.g. Camera360) that has an option to disable it.

Never used any call recorder, so no idea.

How about some good old fashioned synthetic ringtones and notification tones? Somehow the default tones on all the ROMs never work for me. Give me an old fashioned "beep-beep" or "boop-boop" any day. LoL!

Nah, I'm going to keep it stock gingerbread for these parts. If you have found ringtones that you like, create /media/audio/ringtones, and/or /media/audio/notifications, structure to your sdcard and copy your tones to those folders. This way you can always use your own custom ringtones with every ROM.

Since i realy needed the navigation i went back to Fish n Chips for the moment, becouse i know that one never gave me any problem with GPS

Were you overclocking? I've never had a single reboot with this ROM.

No offence to anyone, but really no issues with GPS? After seven+ months with that ROM, kang and a re-kang and you still can't turn GPS off and back on again... ;)

Both, you can select if MIUI battery bar is displayed or not.

Love your Rom Konstant. I was wondering if you could add an option for font size in Rom settings just like on cm7.1 on your next release. Thanks

Can't really see much use for this feature.

Yeah, happens to me too. Still can't see any obvious reason why. Also there shouldn't be any difference between pt-rPT and pt-rBR, but yet there is. Strange.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Yeah, happens to me too. Still can't see any obvious reason why. Also there shouldn't be any difference between pt-rPT and pt-rBR, but yet there is. Strange.

They live in Europe and we live in South America.

Lol.

My father use a program to resize the font since he don't want to pick his glasses every time the phone rings.

But is a thing you can download from the market

Guest eirlysbill1

Don't know if this helps, but I used to have phone crashes when using Satnav (Copilot). They started sporadically and then became more regular. Caused, some frantic moments in downtown London, one time. sad.gif

Turned out to be the sd card. Changed the mymemory 16gb for a Sandisk 16gb, and never had problem since.

Cheers

Guest kingpair

Thanks for the great ROM KonstaT, best battery life ever!

One small niggle though - whatsapp notifications dont work on wi-fi and and push notifications for gmail aren't working on wi-fi either. On 3G there is no such problem. Any ideas?