[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest downloader50

Love your Rom Konstant. I was wondering if you could add an option for font size in Rom settings just like on cm7.1 on your next release. Thanks

Can't really see much use for this feature.

you would see the point if you were older with poor eye sight like me

Edited by downloader50

Guest bladebuddy

Hi Konsta let me first of all thank-you for the best and most stable Ginger bread rom out there, and believe me I have pritty much tried them all , but yours is my keeper so thanks again. My problem is I like your SS- RLS3 circle thin batt icons add on but I also like Axuf, holo( Theme ICS) I was just wandering if there is a way of running his theme and keeping the extra icons from your bat icon zip as that would make this rom perfect for me . At the moment I am only able to run your add-on or Axuf theme. But I would realty like to keep the extra icons is there a way I could get them Thanks again for the rom.

Guest iKrautDroid

i'm using this rom about 1 day, and its awesome, great work!

and i install the chainfire 3d and play assassin's creed for a while, runs great, but then when i try to play GT Racing, on the loading screen to race the system reboot :/

btw, anyone recomended any launcher? i'm using the go launcher ex, but its not thaaat smooth .....

Use nemus launcher! It looks great and its super smooth!

Guest KonstaT

USB tethering not working. Tested on Win7 x64 and Win XP (with drivers). I have no problems with CM7.

Works with both Ubuntu 10.04 and Win7 x64. You might need to reinstall your USB drivers.

Guest elrond_bs

Love your Rom Konstant. I was wondering if you could add an option for font size in Rom settings just like on cm7.1 on your next release. Thanks

Can't really see much use for this feature.

you would see the point if you were older with poor eye sight like me

DarkCrono already answered you, use an app (search the Market) or use Google search. I googled "change android font size" and found on the first page this.

Silent Camera Shutter Function - just delete/replace with root explorer "\system\media\audio\ui\camera_click.ogg" or use another camera app with more options. (again searching Google would answer that question).

Please stop asking for things that can be solved by just using an app. Search, then if you don't find the answer, ask (halve the questions here can be answered by searching the forum or the net). You can't expect stock apps to have all the options you can think of, that's why we have the Market. And if you like CM, just use it. This ROM can't be made to a new CM, it's intended to be more like stock ROM to prevent bugs and problems (like those in CM). If you don't like it - use another ROM.

Lets just thank KonstaT for his hard work and do some work ourselves to find the perfect combination of apps we need. Don't forget that without the developers (burstlam, wbaw, CyanogenMod Team, etc.) and the incredible amount of work they done for FREE, we would be stuck with slow and buggy Froyo/Eclair stock ROM full of crap.

Guest Ice-berg

Is anyone using this ROM has a problem with applications or games? After installation, be it from the Market, or from the SD card applications do not appear in the list in the menu. Only reboot helps and when it appears in the menu. I can not see the icons of applications they have installed themselves as they are visible in application manager.

Edited by Ice-berg

Guest youngsta2010

This ROM can't be made to a new CM, it's intended to be more like stock ROM to prevent bugs and problems (like those in CM). If you don't like it - use another ROM.

Lets just thank KonstaT for his hard work and do some work ourselves to find the perfect combination of apps we need. Don't forget that without the developers (burstlam, wbaw, CyanogenMod Team, etc.) and the incredible amount of work they done for FREE, we would be stuck with slow and buggy Froyo/Eclair stock ROM full of crap.

+1 for that.

I just want a nice, stable, stock GB ROM. Only problem I can foresee is the undervolt kernal bringing back WIFI problems. If we could have an option to undervolt or not that would be great. For me just the overclock kernal is fine.

edit: Without operator bloat obviously. :)

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest sssingletrack

Hi Konsta let me first of all thank-you for the best and most stable Ginger bread rom out there, and believe me I have pritty much tried them all , but yours is my keeper so thanks again. My problem is I like your SS- RLS3 circle thin batt icons add on but I also like Axuf, holo( Theme ICS) I was just wandering if there is a way of running his theme and keeping the extra icons from your bat icon zip as that would make this rom perfect for me . At the moment I am only able to run your add-on or Axuf theme. But I would realty like to keep the extra icons is there a way I could get them Thanks again for the rom.

Hi,

I have just put the settings icons into the ICS theme. None of the work is my own. I am just testing now to see if it has worked.

KonstaT:

I remember as issue with the fish and chips ROM where the phone wouldn't sleep properly. I.E when the menu button was pressed the screen came back on.

I believe I have that issue with this ROM. If I remember rightly the battery life was improved after the fix because the phone would stay off when in your pocket or similar.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest bladebuddy

A big thanks for that and I am very impressed with how you have the time to help us all out. Don't know what I would do without you devs thanks J.

Guest elrond_bs

I have moldovan mile rls9, I have to do a full wipe to install this? Thanks

Already answered in the first page. :huh: Edited by elrond_bs

Blue cirlce battery mod with flying window animation, blue OverScroll glowing png and Scrollbar png, gray lock screen png:

Download Blue Cirlce Battery for Rls3 version

Coming soon full blue status bar mod...

MD5: a42ded81b76aaf57289ae90739da87f6

The blue one is green... Downloaded yesterday...

@KonstaT: Nice ROM, thx for that!

I experienced several disconnects with Google Talk today while the phone was in standby. It didn't reconnect background. I had to start the Talk app and wait several seconds. I'm not sure if this is related to the ROM or it happened due to crappy 3G signal... Any idea how to debug?

isch

Work-around for MMHMP works with this ROM too. It will be never fixed like it's fixed in CM7 because this is not source code based project. It's also possible to hack invidual apps to route audio to earpice like it's done before.

Dear KonstaT,

I have just flashed RLS3, and I'd like to thank You for the wonderful work.

However, FM Radio work-around does not fix sound routing problems (Viber, Skype...) for me. It hasn't been working for me since MMHMP RLS 4, and the inclusion of andorko's FM Radio app with the ROM. :( For that reason I've been stuck on MMHMP RLS 3 until today... :(

I don't know if the work-around worked while I installed andorko's app alongside stock FM radio because of the version of the app (for MMHMP RLS 3, I used this version), or for some other reason. In any case, it does not work now. Is there a way to replace the version of the app that You ship with the SS RLS3 with the one I have?

I am sorry to bother You, but I think this is an important issue, given the ever growing popularity of VoIP apps, with sound routing problem rendering them unusable. This is a serious limitation and drawback of the Blade, and I kindly ask for Your support on the matter.

Guest chapmans35

If you would like to help by translating ROM settings to your language, you can find the strings to translate from post #40. I've now also translated power menu options (reboot, recovery, screenshot) to few languages (cs,de,es,fi,hu,it,ja,ko,ru,sv,zn) and more translations would be much appreciated. :)

It's possible that there won't be updates after RLS4 for some time. I'm not saying that it's going to be final though. We've all seen how that's worked out before. ;) I've added few more new features and now I'm just starting to run out of ideas of what to add...

Great ROM KonstaT, I am currently using RLS2 as I like the additional functionality in the T9 dialer and facebook synch. I got neither with RLS3, any opportunity to add T9 and facebook synch to RLS4? Thanks

Guest KonstaT

I remember as issue with the fish and chips ROM where the phone wouldn't sleep properly. I.E when the menu button was pressed the screen came back on.

I believe I have that issue with this ROM. If I remember rightly the battery life was improved after the fix because the phone would stay off when in your pocket or similar.

No such issue with this ROM. If you can wake your phone from those buttons, you have installed something that keeps it awake. Install Better Battery Stats to see what's keeping wakelocks.

Dear KonstaT,

I have just flashed RLS3, and I'd like to thank You for the wonderful work.

However, FM Radio work-around does not fix sound routing problems (Viber, Skype...) for me. It hasn't been working for me since MMHMP RLS 4, and the inclusion of andorko's FM Radio app with the ROM. :( For that reason I've been stuck on MMHMP RLS 3 until today... :(

I don't know if the work-around worked while I installed andorko's app alongside stock FM radio because of the version of the app (for MMHMP RLS 3, I used this version), or for some other reason. In any case, it does not work now. Is there a way to replace the version of the app that You ship with the SS RLS3 with the one I have?

I am sorry to bother You, but I think this is an important issue, given the ever growing popularity of VoIP apps, with sound routing problem rendering them unusable. This is a serious limitation and drawback of the Blade, and I kindly ask for Your support on the matter.

I think you have to use the andorko's 0.6 (RDS) version for the workaround to work. This ROM has 0.5 (non-RDS) version included. You can uninstall it first using e.g. Titanium Backup.

Great ROM KonstaT, I am currently using RLS2 as I like the additional functionality in the T9 dialer and facebook synch. I got neither with RLS3, any opportunity to add T9 and facebook synch to RLS4? Thanks

Have you read the first post? You can find one dialer with facebook sync and another with T9. Putting CM7 T9 dialer to a non-CM7 ROM caused too many many issues, so you can't have both at the same time. RLS4 has older non-T9 version of CM7 dialer with facebook sync.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest eirlysbill1

The blue one is green... Downloaded yesterday...

@KonstaT: Nice ROM, thx for that!

I experienced several disconnects with Google Talk today while the phone was in standby. It didn't reconnect background. I had to start the Talk app and wait several seconds. I'm not sure if this is related to the ROM or it happened due to crappy 3G signal... Any idea how to debug?

isch

+1 for the blue one is green

I download this too, and it was green. I didn't say anything cause I wanted to be sure that it wasn't just me.

PS: Just thinking now, that maybe this conversation ought to be in the Themes category. Doesn't bother me that its here, but it may trouble other people?

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS4. This might be the last release (for some time at least). Couple of add-ons updated, others just renamed. Only use add-ons that are in the first post or themes that were made using RLS4 files. Replaced AOSP dialer with the good old CM7 one. If you have issues with contacts, try clearing data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup or from applications settings. Full wipe shouldn't be necessary updating from previous releases. If you have issues of any kind, do a full wipe first - 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands.

Swedish-Snow-RLS4.zip

MD5:

Swedish-Snow-RLS4-TPT.zip (see TPT installation instructions in the first post)

MD5:

Add-ons:

SS-RLS4-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?tw6zaq9sbugycwg

MD5:302E41B8D1AA46496E8DB7B6F0DBBCBE

SS-RLS4-MVNO.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?11f0ptrm3ffk733

MD5:2756E728BCE841A31B900E3883045435

RLS4 changelog:

-switched back to CM7 dialer

-added lockscreen music controls. Play/pause, previous and next buttons are displayd on locksreen when music is playing. (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added volume key cursor controls. Volume up/down keys can be used as d-pad left/right when in text fields. (thanks to azuwis)

-disabled scrolling cache (inspired by AndroidON)

-added long press on back key kills foreground app. I've increased the long press delay to three times normal so this can't be used by accident. Use with caution, only for misbehaving apps! (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added ability to toggle between ringer volume/vibrate/silent using volume keys. Volume down key can be used to toggle between vibrate/silent. (inspired by mkasick)

-reworked the MVNO patch

-enhanced auto-brightness values

-translated power menu options to few languages

-ROM settings translated to ukranian (thanks to Tolma4)

-few other minor tweaks

Edited by KonstaT

Guest sal.fresco

Downloading...

Updated to RLS4. This might be the last release (for some time at least). Couple of add-ons updated, others just renamed. Only use add-ons that are in the first post or themes that were made using RLS4 files. Replaced AOSP dialer with the good old CM7 one. If you have issues with contacts, try clearing data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup or from applications settings. Full wipe shouldn't be necessary updating from previous releases. If you have issues of any kind, do a full wipe first - 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands.

Swedish-Snow-RLS4.zip

http://www.mediafire...fmnzn1hhz22ug1o (mirror)

MD5:3A07FBCCF3220F8B34FD3CF272DC6314

Swedish-Snow-RLS4-TPT.zip (see TPT installation instructions in the first post)

http://www.mediafire...wof67vwqlyl1k8w

MD5:87634F9C0A645A192D01B2A31E28C028

Add-ons:

SS-RLS4-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

http://www.mediafire...tw6zaq9sbugycwg

MD5:302E41B8D1AA46496E8DB7B6F0DBBCBE

SS-RLS4-MVNO.zip

http://www.mediafire...11f0ptrm3ffk733

MD5:2756E728BCE841A31B900E3883045435

RLS4 changelog:

-switched back to CM7 dialer

-added lockscreen music controls. Play/pause, previous and next buttons are displayd on locksreen when music is playing. (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added volume key cursor controls. Volume up/down keys can be used as d-pad left/right when in text fields. (thanks to azuwis)

-disabled scrolling cache (inspired by AndroidON)

-added long press on back key kills foreground app. I've increased the long press delay to three times normal so this can't be used by accident. Use with caution, only for misbehaving apps! (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added ability to toggle between ringer volume/vibrate/silent using volume keys. Volume down key can be used to toggle between vibrate/silent. (inspired by mkasick)

-reworked the MVNO patch

-enhanced auto-brightness values

-translated power menu options to few languages

-ROM settings translated to ukranian (thanks to Tolma4)

-few other minor tweaks

Guest daaneel

Nice new features, especially text cursors with volume buttons will come in handy!

Lockscreen music controls also cool, though I'll be using the deep sleep volume button long press for next/previous more often :)

I still prefer the ZTE smartdialer, quickest way to select a number!

Too bad it's such a pain to install it (full whipe = titanium = lots of clicking install and done :P).

I'm cooking up a circle mod and altered statusbar icons in black and white as we speak, will share when it's done uploading on UOT kitchen!

Nice new features, especially text cursors with volume buttons will come in handy!

Lockscreen music controls also cool, though I'll be using the deep sleep volume button long press for next/previous more often :)

I still prefer the ZTE smartdialer, quickest way to select a number!

Too bad it's such a pain to install it (full whipe = titanium = lots of clicking install and done :P).

I'm cooking up a circle mod and altered statusbar icons in black and white as we speak, will share when it's done uploading on UOT kitchen!

I think you can just wipe dalvik-cache, flash the rom and then flash the zte dialler. I remenber I did it this way and kept everything when I updated from rls2 to rls3