[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Shahmatt

One word YES

Thanks..

So I've installed 4b. Very nice. Trying the center clock + battery bar for a change. :)

I had some trouble with the market. Kept giving me an error saying Error downloading (-101), or something like that, whenever I tried to download anything. Wiped and reinstalled ROM but faced the same problem. I think this is an issue with the new market app. I eventually sourced for the titanium backup apk in desperation to get some of my apps back, and then on installing suddenly the market began working again. Strange!

May I know what you guys use as browsers? I've been using xscope pro for the last 6 months but is there something better? Or is the stock browser good enough as it is? Does anyone here have experience using firefox or doplhin? I tried dolphin a while back but it seemed really slow!

May I know what you guys use as browsers? I've been using xscope pro for the last 6 months but is there something better? Or is the stock browser good enough as it is? Does anyone here have experience using firefox or doplhin? I tried dolphin a while back but it seemed really slow!

I'm using Dolphin HD for ages, one of the best browsers for android.

Guest d_borghi

Hi,

i've swedish snow rls3 and i would like to update to rls4.

now, i've partioned my sd in ext2, and i've installed in ext2 maps for sygic, navigon and copilot.

to install rls4, i must format all and install rls4 and, after all, re-download all maps and applications, or is ther an alternative ways?

tnx

db

nobody helps me?

pls

db

Guest Davidoff59

I also find dolphin slow, especially when seeing the extreme lag when typing in a search string.

I use opera mini. Stock browser is a bit painful to use especially if your an open in new tab kinda person like me.

Guest CoccoBill

nobody helps me?

pls

db

I would suggest a Nandroid backup and a Titanium backup of your apps, just in case anything goes wrong.

Then do a full wipe in ClockWorkMod and flash rls4b.

If you already placed your maps in the right spot on your sd card you won't need to re-download them (I would back them up to your pc, just to be safe), just download the apps from the market.

Guest d_borghi

Hi,

i've swedish snow rls3 and i would like to update to rls4.

now, i've partioned my sd in ext2, and i've installed in ext2 maps for sygic, navigon and copilot.

to install rls4, i must format all and install rls4 and, after all, re-download all maps and applications, or is ther an alternative ways?

tnx

db

tnx

Edited by d_borghi

Guest Cyclothunder

First,

Thanks to all, who tried to help me fix the proximity sensor!

I tried it all. From calibrating and after moving my hand over it, to using other apps and nothing worked! the sensor is not faulty because with cm7 works flawlessly.

So, here's the fix that worked for me:

Flash the stock kernel, (yeah, no undervolted stuff sad.gif) and then use the calibrate in the rom settings and voilá!

NOTE: My blade is the ZTE Libra with a 5mp camera and a lcd screen.

Is there a reason why the default min. cpu frequency is 245 Mhz in No-frills? Is it better than 122 (undervolting)? I'm still on RLS3.

I'm still on RLS2, but I can choose between 122 and 200 MHz too, not just 245 MHz.. Same with No-frills and SetCPU.

Guest mrz_hun

I'm experiencing heavy battery drain since I switched from Swedish Spring 9.

My phone is on the charger every night. After I wake up, I pull it off the charger. 30 minutes later, the phone is at around 70%.

An hour later (30 minutes riding the bus , and 30 minutes subway (!)) when I get to work, it's already at around 30%

I did battery recalibration (twice). I checked wakelocks using Better Battery Stats, I checked settings / about / battery usage. I can't find any obvious reason for this.

I only left gmail/contacts/calendar sync on. Facebook / Twitter syncing is off. Latitude is off. I killed most running apps.

I suspect that it's related to Wi-Fi. The disconnect policy is set to 'when screen is off', but I've tried others and it doesn't help.

I'm using Y5 battery saver to switch wifi on/off based on mobile cell info. Does anyone else use this app? (I've used it with Swedish Spring previously and it worked great).

Hi mrz_hun,

I had a similar battery drain problem, but discovered that the phone wasn't going into deep sleep mode. Maybe that's your problem.

The easy way to tell is if you can wake the phone with the hard keys (home/menu/back). Remember to wait about 10 seconds after the screen has gone off before try this.

If the phone does wake up you must have something running which is preventing deep sleep. Try un-installing apps or widgets one-by-one until you find the culprit. In my case it was a clock widget causing the problem.

All working fine now after getting rid of it.

Hope this helps. :)

Just installed RLS4b, from RLS3, but I can't connect with Bluetooth to my TomTom 950 Live. Is there something changed with the BT-settings??

This was also on RLS3, I tested, not on RLS2.

Guest downloader50

I'm experiencing heavy battery drain since I switched from Swedish Spring 9.

My phone is on the charger every night. After I wake up, I pull it off the charger. 30 minutes later, the phone is at around 70%.

An hour later (30 minutes riding the bus , and 30 minutes subway (!)) when I get to work, it's already at around 30%

I did battery recalibration (twice). I checked wakelocks using Better Battery Stats, I checked settings / about / battery usage. I can't find any obvious reason for this.

I only left gmail/contacts/calendar sync on. Facebook / Twitter syncing is off. Latitude is off. I killed most running apps.

I suspect that it's related to Wi-Fi. The disconnect policy is set to 'when screen is off', but I've tried others and it doesn't help.

I'm using Y5 battery saver to switch wifi on/off based on mobile cell info. Does anyone else use this app? (I've used it with Swedish Spring previously and it worked great).

Charged battery thurs evening and it is still at 90% 15.00 saturday so i doubt it is the rom i have not used it much but batteyr life is as good for me then on any rom i have used

the andorko fails to fix this problem, i heard it worked for 2.2 but fails to reroute on 2.3

but i don´t understand something, on the stock ZTE rom this problem persists?

On my stock ZTE 2.2 this problem was not present.

Anyone with ZTE stock 2.3 can confirm the bug present?

I bet is intentional, so that people stop making voip calls. Another annoying thing is that even if you mute all sounds opening MobileVOIP for example and entering a number with the pad it start to loudly speak..

Andorko workaround works like a charm...but you need to remove FM Radio 0.5 that is bundled with the ROM (via Titanium backup), and install FM Radio 0.6 (to be found here ).

As this problem is present on almost any ROM (except for the CM), I think that some of the DEVs will finally figure out what FM Radio does on startup that fixes the audio routing problem, and then replicate that action and bundle it with the ROMs... (Sorry for oversimplification of the hard work that DEVs do, but I hope it is possible)

Guest daaneel

Is there a reason why the default min. cpu frequency is 245 Mhz in No-frills? Is it better than 122 (undervolting)? I'm still on RLS3.

I'm still on RLS2, but I can choose between 122 and 200 MHz too, not just 245 MHz.. Same with No-frills and SetCPU.

I think elrond has the choice between 122 and 200 as well, he's just asking why it isn't in 122Mhz (undervolting setting) by default.

Probably a lot of people who think they've got the undervolting thing going but who don't realise they have to set it to 122 manually.

Maybe it's still more stable to not undervolt (and overclock) and that's why Konsta put it by default in the safe Min 245 - Max 595Mhz by default?

My Blade seems to work fine in the 122Mhz - 729Mhz range, if I put it at 748Mhz it starts rebooting randomly (but maybe other blades work fine at this speed?). Oh, I use the smartassV2 governor, I/O scheduler is left at the default sio setting (don't really know what this does...).

I'm curious as to how much the undervolting affects battery life positively and whether the overclocking will have a negative influence to battery life (haven't experimented with this much).

It does seem to make my blade snappier: "angry birds" needs 40seconds to startup at 595Mhz, on 729Mhz it only needs 30seconds. The bigger levels run smoother at 729Mhz too.

Edited by daaneel

Heya, Love the rom but I have one issue which is annoying me quite a bit..

here in japan we use mms to communicate most of the time and ive finally manged to get it setup properly using gosms on this rom etc.. well, it works most of the time but sadly when wifi is enabled the phone doesnt always recognize that I want to send/download an mms and tries to use the wifi which obviously fails.. Sometimes it does work and it works but 95% of the time it will fail to download the mms or just keep trying to send. Ive read this problems exists on other roms too but is this something easily fixed ??? thx!

any ideas pls?

I think elrond has the choice between 122 and 200 as well, he's just asking why it isn't in 122Mhz (undervolting setting) by default.

Probably a lot of people who think they've got the undervolting thing going but who don't realise they have to set it to 122 manually.

Maybe it's still more stable to not undervolt (and overclock) and that's why Konsta put it by default in the safe Min 245 - Max 595Mhz by default?

My Blade seems to work fine in the 122Mhz - 729Mhz range, if I put it at 748Mhz it starts rebooting randomly (but maybe other blades work fine at this speed?). Oh, I use the smartassV2 governor, I/O scheduler is left at the default sio setting (don't really know what this does...).

I'm curious as to how much the undervolting affects battery life positively and whether the overclocking will have a negative influence to battery life (haven't experimented with this much).

It does seem to make my blade snappier: "angry birds" needs 40seconds to startup at 595Mhz, on 729Mhz it only needs 30seconds. The bigger levels run smoother at 729Mhz too.

Many around here had problems with listening to music, the sound was choppy sometimes. As it turned out 122 MHz is not enough to play mp3's (at least in my case), maybe that's why it has been set to 245 MHz. The default setting on a new ZTE Blade is also 245-600 MHz.

Undervolting: Even 480 MHz is undervolted, and of course every setting below that.

My battery life almost doubled with this kernel (1 day -> 2 day) with my settings (200 MHz - 672 MHz, WiFi+GPS always on, mobile data off). Don't know how much battery life I could spare without overclocking, never used my phone without it. biggrin.gif

Guest fox2000

Opera mini, definitely

I replaced Dolphin with that.

Guest MidaMilunk
<br />The dialler is correct the t9 had bugs when used in any rom except cyanogen<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It can be corrent, I could not find any error in it indeed, but this is unusable for me. ZTE dialer is kinda better - does not support international characters, only 26 letter english alphabet, and no way to sync FB contacts - but still far better than original CM one - at least for me!

So no one recommend me to change this original CM dialer to the T9 one? :)

Many around here had problems with listening to music, the sound was choppy sometimes. As it turned out 122 MHz is not enough to play mp3's (at least in my case), maybe that's why it has been set to 245 MHz. The default setting on a new ZTE Blade is also 245-600 MHz.

Undervolting: Even 480 MHz is undervolted, and of course every setting below that.

My battery life almost doubled with this kernel (1 day -> 2 day) with my settings (200 MHz - 672 MHz, WiFi+GPS always on, mobile data off). Don't know how much battery life I could spare without overclocking, never used my phone without it. biggrin.gif

The cpu freq won't stay at the minimum when the screen is off, so it shouldn't matter whether it's 122 or 245MHz when listening to mp3's or whatever it is you're doing. The default governor and min/max frequencies are set in the kernel (though it can be changed during boot) and I think there's no reason to change those. This way everyone should be able to boot and there are some who prefer not to oc at all.

Btw, I highly doubt you've doubled your battery life with the under volted kernel. An easy test would be to flash the stock kernel for a few days to see if it really will drain your battery that much faster. You can then flash the whole rom to get the current kernel back (I'm assuming you've not made any big changes to /system or flashing the rom again would probably mess those up). With the uv enabled kernel, we're talking about a _small_ improvement in battery life, but "even a small improvement is worth having".. (freely quoted KonstaT from somewhere :) )