[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest youngsta2010

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been asked before but, is there a way to add other codecs to the ROM such as the Xvid codec? I had an LG Viewty a while ago (I know :rolleyes: it had a lovely resistive touchscreen and everything ;)) that could play Divx and Xvid. IMO the software decoders don't work very well at all lots of lag and goes out of sync often, the few MP4's I have play flawlessly on the stock video player. Just a thought would be nice if it could play avi natively.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest KonstaT

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been asked before but, is there a way to add other codecs to the ROM such as the Xvid codex? I had an LG Viewty a while ago (I know :rolleyes: it had a lovely resistive touchscreen and everything ;)) that could play Divx and Xvid. IMO the software decoders don't work very well at all lots of lag and goes out of sync often, the few MP4's I have play flawlessly on the stock video player. Just a thought would be nice if it could play avi natively.

I think that DivX/Xvid would need harware that supports encoding.

It is possible to add some codecs as CyanogenMod7 has added FLAC support (can't find the commit atm). However it isn't possible to add any codecs to this ROM as we don't have source code for it.

Guest youngsta2010

KonstaT can you tell me exactly what files to delete to remove a2sd please? There is a few files in /system/bin as well. Shall I just delete all files in the dta2sd downloaded zip? Also is 99complete part of it as that is in the flashable zip as well? Cheers for helping me on this.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT can you tell me exactly what files to delete to remove a2sd please? There is a few files in /system/bin as well. Shall I just delete all files in the dta2sd downloaded zip? Also is 99complete part of it as that is in the flashable zip as well? Cheers for helping me on this.

Why do you need to delete them? Just remove the file from /system/etc/init.d/ and it stops dta2sd from running. Don't remove the 99complete or booting will hang at point of running scripts in init.d.

There are quite a few a2sd releted files in /system/bin. Can't be bothered to look them through and spoil all the fun from you. :P Most of them have dta2sd/a2sd in their file name. There are also few lines in updater-script.

Guest youngsta2010

Ha, thanks man! I guess I will just delete them and see, I have my nandroid to fall back on anyway. I just want to delete them for my own peace of mind, call it paranoia. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Hi KonstaT, Would you mind sharing how to increase the delay three times longer for long press on back key to kill apps? I think the default setting in CM7 is too tight for me.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT, Would you mind sharing how to increase the delay three times longer for long press on back key to kill apps? I think the default setting in CM7 is too tight for me.

With CM7 it's easiest of course to do it by modifying the source code. Look here at line 1374.

Change

mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout());
[/code] to
[code]
mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout() * 3);

You can also use any delay in milliseconds instead of ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout().

Edited by KonstaT

Guest xiaoyaoswim

With CM7 it's easiest of course to do it by modifying the source code. Look here at line 1374.

Change

mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout());

to

mHandler.postDelayed(mBackLongPress, ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout() * 3);

You can also use any delay in milliseconds instead of ViewConfiguration.getGlobalActionKeyTimeout().

Thank you very much for the prompt reply

Guest adrianomm

There is a trick.

Every time you reboot, the srceen can become responsive or not, It's random. If it do not response, take of your battery, put it back, enter recovery and Wipe Dalvik's cache. Reboot, and it will work.

I tried that, but did not work. If I use the standard kernel of RLS4b my touchscreen does not work. I used the kernel Konsta suggested (burstlam's) and it did work, although it appears to me a little slower than the stock kernel, even with overclock.

Thanks anyway...

Guest adrianomm

You could try a kernel that is based on the latest source code that ZTE released.

Try burstlam's kernel. It's not undervolted, but should have rest of the features that custom kernels usually have.

http://android.modac...sed-custom-rom/

This kernel appers a little slower than the stock, at least on my day to day use. Overclock is enable and that`s good for games and stuff...

Do you know any Undervolted kernels I could test? I wish to extend my battery life and I guess undervolted kernels are good for that.

Thanks for the help...

Guest scorpei

I saw you added 2-way-call-recording, which is a feature I absolutely love! My stock rom supported this using allCallRecorder from the market, but ever since then (mile high and also this rom) it no longer functions. Do I need a different app for that or a setting I need to change somewhere?

Absolutely love the roms aside from that one thing, really stable. I did have one issue with my phone not connecting to the Vodafone network to get network updates; my calls were dropped. That is why I updated from mile high; hoping this fixes it being a new kernel and all. If not I might try the stock kernel patch again to see if that helps. Else I am back on my HTC Touch Pro (saddest face; first world problems!)

Guest KonstaT

This kernel appers a little slower than the stock, at least on my day to day use. Overclock is enable and that`s good for games and stuff...

Do you know any Undervolted kernels I could test? I wish to extend my battery life and I guess undervolted kernels are good for that.

Thanks for the help...

It should be some what faster than the stock kernel (and maybe a little slower than the custom kernel that comes as default with this ROM). Might worth checking your CPU settings (try SmartAssV2 governor). It's still very early version of the new source based kernels, but it has some harware support that this one doesn't.

There are still some wifi issues with the kernels based on the new source code. I'm still not sure which I'm going to put as default into the next release (if/when there is going to be one ;)). Either way I'm going to provide the other as an optional add-on and these kernels are going to have undervolting and GPU/AXI bus overclocking and all the other current goodies. :)

I saw you added 2-way-call-recording, which is a feature I absolutely love! My stock rom supported this using allCallRecorder from the market, but ever since then (mile high and also this rom) it no longer functions. Do I need a different app for that or a setting I need to change somewhere?

2-way-call-recording should work with skvalex CallRecoder, but I've heard that the latest version from the market doesn't work. Some have also said that you can record calls just by using the ZTE dialer. I haven't tested this, so I'm not absolutely sure.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest agpoli

*snip*

Either way I'm going to provide the other as an optional add-on and these kernels are going to have undervolting and GPU/AXI bus overclocking and all the other current goodies. :)

*snip*

That's sounds like heaven laugh.gif

I'm on burstlams kernel and yes, WiFi is slower (G mode is missing/doesn't connect, only B works). He already fixed it for CM7, but he didn't made another one for stock ROMs. Tried to send him a message about this, but no answer...

Guest KonstaT

That's sounds like heaven laugh.gif

I'm on burstlams kernel and yes, WiFi is slower (G mode is missing/doesn't connect, only B works). He already fixed it for CM7, but he didn't made another one for stock ROMs. Tried to send him a message about this, but no answer...

You could use the wifi driver (everything in /system/wifi) from that CM7 kernel package with your current burstlam kernel. That should fix the g-mode thing but the connection speed is still low.

Guest agpoli

You could use the wifi driver (everything in /system/wifi) from that CM7 kernel package with your current burstlam kernel. That should fix the g-mode thing but the connection speed is still low.

Downloaded his latest build from here: Link

All files are already the same in my system/wifi folder. Should I use the files from the rollback patch he made?

Guest KonstaT

Downloaded his latest build from here: Link

All files are already the same in my system/wifi folder. Should I use the files from the rollback patch he made?

That burstlam's CM7 build definitely has different wifi files than his kernel package here. You should have device.bin, eeprom.bin and eeprom.data (and rest of the new wifi files) in your /system/wifi. Tom G pulled those files from somewhere and they are already merged into CM7.

Rollback package includes the old wifi driver and it won't work the new source based kernels.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest agpoli

That burstlam's CM7 build definitely has different wifi files than his kernel package here. You should have device.bin, eeprom.bin and eeprom.data (and rest of the new wifi files) in your /system/wifi. Tom G pulled those files from somewhere and they are already merged into CM7.

Rollback package includes the old wifi driver and it won't work the new source based kernels.

Now I'm confused. On the left is burstlams CM7 ROM, on the right are the files from my phone under system/wifi:

ztebladewifi.png

No device.bin, eeprom.bin or eeprom.data. I've installed this zip package:

2012Feb23-Blade-2gvmgen2-TS-CAM-Patch2.zip

I don't know what is in the other zip (2012Feb23-Blade-CM7gen2-TS-CAM-Patch2.zip), hotfile wants me to wait 15 minutes.

Edit: same files in that zip.

Will try to copy those 3 files to my phone and see what happens after reboot.

Edit: nothing special happened.

Edited by agpoli

Guest adrianomm

My wifi works fine on burstlam`s kernel. This is not an issue for me. I still feel this kernel is somehow slower than the stock.

KonstaT, is there something I can do to improve performance considering I have a 256Mb phone?

Thanks...

Guest youngsta2010

KonstaT sorry to trouble you again, I did as you suggested and just deleted 04dtapp from init.d didn't delete anything else, rebooted the phone then went to install link2sd from the market but when it goes to install it the phone reboots. I think it is soft reboot where it starts from the bootanimation. When I get back to phone it's not installed and all user apps are borked, they show with an SD icon in application settings but aren't in the app drawer nor in my apps on the market. Any ideas? Badword knows what's going on. Thanks a lot.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest StDannyDan

Could somebody tell me, can I use this wbaw's kernel on Swedish Snow RLS4b? Just wanna test gpu overclock which discribed here. Or maybe there is some other way to do gpu overclock?

Edited by StDannyDan

Guest DarkCrono

My wifi works fine on burstlam`s kernel. This is not an issue for me. I still feel this kernel is somehow slower than the stock.

KonstaT, is there something I can do to improve performance considering I have a 256Mb phone?

Thanks...

activate a swap partition, works very well on mine. (256 MB too)

Format your sd card with and ext and a swap partition (on recovery), a2sd should activate this by default, if it detect the swap partition.

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS5. Couple of new screenshots in the first post. RLS5 turned out to be a bit bigger update than I expected so I'm putting it out now to get some feedback. Many things have changed so you can consider this again as an early release. There might some bugs that need to be ironed out and I probably have to do at least one more release after this one. Haven't really had time to look into the new kernel so I'm still using the good old Turies based source. I'll post something built from the new source for people having touchscreen/camera issues in few days. Wipe shouldn't be needed updating from previous version, but if you have problems of any kind, do a full wipe first. No wipe, no whine policy still stands. Don't be alarmed when you have blank statusbar after a clean installation. There's something that doesn't like to be edited in statusbar layout but everything will be back to normal after a reboot (or after you plug your phone into a computer via USB). Couple of the old add-ons now unnecessary, added an add-on for classic gingerbread green circle battery mod, others add-ons just renamed. Only use add-ons/themes that were made using RLS5 files.

Swedish-Snow-RLS5.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?quir9ur4nydul99 (mirror)

MD5:EF580C03D45EE8B11A78D617DB83BB37

Swedish-Snow-RLS5-TPT.zip (see the first post for installation instructions)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtj88ndo7d5f6gk

MD5:0E8CEA17C68DBC01656E51390AB124F1

Known bugs:

-Blank statusbar at the first boot after a clean installation (or a TPT). Reboot your phone!

Add-ons:

-SS-RLS5-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?pfoppyeokmd7srn

MD5:FAC078B76B9B22C878870F696D71F4E5

-SS-RLS5-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?bs6stbewo5wxjbz

MD5:9E837E1160716D445958CBDD5DE26E0E

RLS5 changelog:

-completely re-wrote the ROM settings and few of the features

-added checkbox preference for long press back key kills foreground app. Delay still three times normal.

-added checkbox preference for volume key cursor controls

-added statusbar software keys. HOME, MENU and BACK softkeys with long press functions. (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added checkbox preference for statusbar sofkeys. You need to reboot your phone for this setting to take effect.

-added framework patch to support MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators). I'm not held responsible for any roaming charges. (Inspired by leromarinvit)

-added checkbox preference for MVNO roaming. This equals ticking 'national roaming' box in CM7. You need to reboot your phone or use airplane mode for the setting to take effect.

-added swipe to clear notifications. Individual notifications can be cleared by swiping them to left or right (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added VOLUME UP key works as shutter button in camera app. Pressing the key focuses and releasing the key takes the photo. VOLUME UP key also starts/stops recording in camcorder.

-kernel with overclocked GPU and AXI bus (thanks to wbaw for the patches)

-updated Maps and Youtube

-updated Google services framework

-removed flashlight

-tweaked TCP buffer sizes

-fixed some portuguese translations (thanks to jventura and HeartMode)

-updated hosts file

-switched to 128mb /system TPT. (thanks to Amphoras for the layout)

Edited by KonstaT