[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, I cant see that menu.

It could be because I've instaled after RSL4b without wipe?

BTW, to RLS6 could you integrate also the 3D acceleration tweak and the Beats engine? Those tweaks rocks! And of course, the new kernel (I notice that the Wifi isn't so battery hungry anymore - for sure cause its undervolted...)

I would never can't say THANK YOU KonstaT enough times that could really express how I appreciate this fantastic ROM. smile.gif

You should see the menu like it is in the screenshots in the first post. I'm the only only who has that RLS6 style menu at the moment. ;) If it's different from that, you've probably installed some add-on/theme that wasn't made using RLS5 files. In that case you should re-install the ROM.

RLS6 will include 3D graphics tweak (new EGL libs), but it won't have Beats Audio. New kernel will be included as default, old as an add-on.

on my zte blade (chiaunicom) wifi doesn't work :(

once, i installed ss rls5 wifi works perfectly but "cartoon camera" didn't recognize camera.

then i tried to intalla rls5-kernel-v2: cartoon camera work peerfectly , but wifi stops work.

any suggestion?

tnx

How exactly does the wifi fail? Does it throw you an error at the very beginning or does it just fail to connect? Can you post a logcat?

There still might be some hardware that isn't supported even with the lates Blade kernel source (like new dutch blade's cameras).

You could also try the stock kernel that is in the first post. It's got different wifi driver than the other kernel packages.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest chapmans35

Putting the CM7 T9 dialer to a non-CM7 ROM caused few issues. It's still in MMHMP-RLS9 and if you really wan't it, you could use Contact.apk and ContactProvider.apk from that ROM.

Konsta T I have openned SS5 and copied the above files from MMHMP9, re zipped using winrar but the installation via clockwork fails, any suggestions. Many Thanks for a great ROM.:rolleyes:

Guest agpoli

@KonstaT:

I don't want to spoil your free time, but I have an idea. With 2 different kernels, different WiFi, undervolting, overclocking the GPU and AXI bus, etc, it's getting confusing which one to use. Undervolting can cause troubles (some had already reported stability issues) but the GPU and AXI bus overclock is causing troubles for some too. My idea is providing different kernel addons with different capabilities (like kallt_kaffe did). I would do them if I could, unfortunately I don't know how to do it. This should help users with different Blades to narrow down their problems with this ROM.

For example:

Kernel | Undervolting	| GPU&AXI bus OC 

old  |	No	|	No   	| (Stock RLSx)

old  |	Yes	|	No   	|

old  |	Yes	|	Yes 	|

new  |	No	|	No   	|

new  |	Yes	|	No   	|

new  |	Yes	|	Yes 	|

That would mean 5 addons for the 'stock' (and final?) Swedis Snow RLSx just for avoiding the stability issues. +1 more if someone wants to use the new WiFi files.

Guest youngsta2010

Konsta T I have openned SS5 and copied the above files from MMHMP9, re zipped using winrar but the installation via clockwork fails, any suggestions. Many Thanks for a great ROM.:rolleyes:

Just copy them to /system/app with root explorer and overwrite the existing ones. Make sure permissions are the same and reboot.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT:

I don't want to spoil your free time, but I have an idea. With 2 different kernels, different WiFi, undervolting, overclocking the GPU and AXI bus, etc, it's getting confusing which one to use. Undervolting can cause troubles (some had already reported stability issues) but the GPU and AXI bus overclock is causing troubles for some too. My idea is providing different kernel addons with different capabilities (like kallt_kaffe did). I would do them if I could, unfortunately I don't know how to do it. This should help users with different Blades to narrow down their problems with this ROM.

For example:

Kernel | Undervolting	| GPU&AXI bus OC 
old | No | No | (Stock RLSx)
old | Yes | No |
old | Yes | Yes |

new | No | No |
new | Yes | No |
new | Yes | Yes |[/code]

That would mean 5 addons for the 'stock' (and final?) Swedis Snow RLSx just for avoiding the stability issues. +1 more if someone wants to use the new WiFi files.

It a beautiful idea, but not very practical. When you add to that list AHB overclocking, wifi and CPU undervolting seperately, and what ever features people may or may not want, you'll pretty soon end up making 256 different kernels. I would have to make these features selectable in the kernel config or I would have to provide the kernel source code for each kernel separately. And considering that I'm not a kernel developer/it's not something I'm really into, it's safe to say that it will never happen. Afaik there aren't any significant issues related to undervolting/AHB/AXI bus overclocking, so it just isn't worth it.

Objective is to provide a kernel that will work for most users. I've also tried to provide an alternative for those with random hardware issues. There will always be a stock kernel option. Even now with the latest ZTE Blade kernel source released, it is impossible to compile a kernel that will work 100% in EVERY device. I've kept my github up to date, so it is easy for anyone to compile a kernel that suits their own personal preference.

Guest KonstaT

Lesson: Winzipin'101. :P

Don't unzip/rezip the files, just drag&drop.

When will be released RLS6 ? Thanks wink.gif

It's been a long time since I've been asked that. It usually means that there is something wrong with the current release. :P So if you've found some bugs, now is the right time report them.

It's pretty much finished. Nothing much that hasn't already been posted somewhere. New kernel/wifi/EGL and I've fixed those couple of bugs that I produced in RLS5. It will most likely be final release (as for now at least). Some day next week...

Guest chapmans35

Just copy them to /system/app with root explorer and overwrite the existing ones. Make sure permissions are the same and reboot.

Thanks

Guest agpoli

It a beautiful idea, but not very practical. When you add to that list AHB overclocking, wifi and CPU undervolting seperately, and what ever features people may or may not want, you'll pretty soon end up making 256 different kernels. I would have to make these features selectable in the kernel config or I would have to provide the kernel source code for each kernel separately. And considering that I'm not a kernel developer/it's not something I'm really into, it's safe to say that it will never happen. Afaik there aren't any significant issues related to undervolting/AHB/AXI bus overclocking, so it just isn't worth it.

Objective is to provide a kernel that will work for most users. I've also tried to provide an alternative for those with random hardware issues. There will always be a stock kernel option. Even now with the latest ZTE Blade kernel source released, it is impossible to compile a kernel that will work 100% in EVERY device. I've kept my github up to date, so it is easy for anyone to compile a kernel that suits their own personal preference.

Ok, I got your point.

Guest shanky887614

im having a bit of trouble with the battery stats.

phone was plugged into charger all night. when i woke up the phone was turned off. when i turned it on it said it had 50% battery

when i wiped battery stats it said it had 1%.

i turned the phone completely off

then i left it for ages

i turned it back on with powercord still attached and it stills says 1% battery (could it be my battery has gone dodgy?)

Guest purplehead

I'm sure that french users would appreciate that. :)

I attached the strings currently needed. I probably won't add any new features to the next release (that need something in the ROM settings). Just fix the bugs that I introduced in RLS5, but you never know. ;) There's three lists now and the ROM settings is the most important of course. Also attached a screenshot how it looks at the moment if that helps.

post-834050-0-53145200-1331386529_thumb.

And here are the greek translations, if you would like to include them in the next release.

Btw, amazing job KonstaT. This Rom is flawless, fast and perfect in any sence. You're the best.

Cheers.

stringsGR.zip

Guest termagazis

And here are the greek translations, if you would like to include them in the next release.

Btw, amazing job KonstaT. This Rom is flawless, fast and perfect in any sence. You're the best.

Cheers.

stringsGR.zip

what for is this?i think Greek translation is ok.is there something i havent see?

Guest dodyweb

After testing this rom i found 2 problems....i dont know if its a bug but....when i receive a sms if i scroll down the notification bar, the mesage is only half visible...and today i tryed to make a call and the call droped multiple times, i was low on battery to ,but i dont think it has something to do with that.

After reboot its ok.

Guest shanky887614

im having a bit of trouble with the battery stats.

phone was plugged into charger all night. when i woke up the phone was turned off. when i turned it on it said it had 50% battery

when i wiped battery stats it said it had 1%.

i turned the phone completely off

then i left it for ages

i turned it back on with powercord still attached and it stills says 1% battery (could it be my battery has gone dodgy?)

wired it seems to charge now

Guest feckineejit

I seem to have a problem with this rom, i cant seem to get my data to connect,. When using fish&chips etc, i always got the little "H" in the status bar, but now if i manage to connect at all i only get an "E" and struggle to connect to anything, i have even used the same apn settings from my last rom but still having no luck. anyone else had this problem and can help? or can someone tell me if there are files in the rom that i can try change to try sort it. thanks

Edited by feckineejit

Guest KonstaT

what for is this?i think Greek translation is ok.is there something i havent see?

These translations are for ROM settings, notification power widget settings and battery bar settings.

Translations on other missing languages are also still more than welcome. :)

After testing this rom i found 2 problems....i dont know if its a bug but....when i receive a sms if i scroll down the notification bar, the mesage is only half visible...and today i tryed to make a call and the call droped multiple times, i was low on battery to ,but i dont think it has something to do with that.

After reboot its ok.

Yeah, that notification thing is a small bug that came with the 'swipe to clear notifications' feature. I've increased the notification height a bit for the next release so that the second line of text also fits the box.

I seem to have a problem with this rom, i cant seem to get my data to connect,. When using fish&chips etc, i always got the little "H" in the status bar, but now if i manage to connect at all i only get an "E" and struggle to connect to anything, i have even used the same apn settings from my last rom but still having no luck. anyone else had this problem and can help? or can someone tell me if there are files in the rom that i can try change to try sort it. thanks

That means that your mobile data is connected and your APN is working. You're just connected to GSM (2G) network. Check your settings at Wireless -> Mobile network -> Network mode. You should set it to GSM/WCDMA auto. If you have installed Toggle2G or similar app, check that it is working properly.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest thewild

Hi KonstaT !

I'm back on your rom after some time on CM7.

Everything works fine on my blade (bought in France 12/2012, OLED screen), and I really like to have the volume buttons controlling music playback ! ;)

I still have the same problem that I had on MMHMP though : the sound is way too loud ! I have to use DSP manager to set all levels to minimum for it to be bearable (it's still not quite enough).

Would there be an easy way to change this ? Some file to tweak in a zip somewhere, maybe ?

Thanks !

Guest Cyclothunder

Hi KonstaT !

I'm back on your rom after some time on CM7.

Everything works fine on my blade (bought in France 12/2012, OLED screen), and I really like to have the volume buttons controlling music playback ! ;)

I still have the same problem that I had on MMHMP though : the sound is way too loud ! I have to use DSP manager to set all levels to minimum for it to be bearable (it's still not quite enough).

Would there be an easy way to change this ? Some file to tweak in a zip somewhere, maybe ?

Thanks !

You could try this app.

Guest DarkCrono

Hi KonstaT, I've found a difference between PT translation and EN translation in the framework-res.apk file that can explain why PT doesn't show file size in the Manage application screen.

En version:

<string name="fileSizeSuffix">%1$s%2$s</string>

PT version

<string name="fileSizeSuffix">"

%1$s %2$s"</string>

There are quotes, a return and a space between them.

So I'm sending you a new Pt_BR framework-res.apk string.xml file. (/res/values-pt).

With some adjusts to some returns inside lockscreen too...

Best Regards

strings.xml

Edited by DarkCrono