[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest wakeup12

It is pointed out in the first page and in previous comments - you need to wipe data (factory reset) from clockworkmod and then - WITHOUT RESTARTING - install zip from sd card: ZTE dialer. Clearing cache has nothing to do with it (wiping data also clears cache). ;)

Now, I did factory reset and installed from zip and it is still the same :S.

EDIT:

I unzipped file and installed manually all 3 applications. Then wiped the data using Titanium Backup for:

Account and Sync

Contacts

Contacts Storage

Dialer Storage

Dialler

Then converted 3 applications into system apps.

Now it is working.

Edit2: I also translated strings into Turkish. Please find on the attachment. Can we integrate strings by ourselves? Thanks.

strings_swedishsnow_tr.zip

Edited by wakeup12

Guest youngsta2010

CRT on / off.. There is no direct way to disable in this Rom.. but I think you would get some patch to disable this as it is a CM feature.... try to look in forum..

You can actually disable all animations in settings which will turn off the CRT. Like it says tho this will turn off all animations.

KonstaT any chance you could give me some advice on the volume rocker cursor mod, do I just decompile framework.jar from the source swap the .smali and recompile? I'm thinking not but hey I'm still learning :) Thanks.

Guest DarkCrono

Very nice, good idea......nice work

can you make a transparent status bar, so the status bar is not black, is that possible for this rom

Give a look on it:

Guest bladebuddy

Can Anybody help me on THIS ??

Heard of this a few times and it's usually down to a dodgy app you have installed sending or receiving data. This would explain the phone not sleeping properly and the battery drain. There are some battery saver apps that show you what is using power, that might help you to find the problem.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest shanky887614

check your apps.

there are certain apps which have a setting to stop the phone sleeping.

usually the apps autostart at startup so even though you haven't started them yourself the sleepmode is still disabled

(sleep is not the same as screen off)

whats lowers my battery the most is gps,data and wifi when they are on

Guest Antonio Zru

Hello Konstat.

¿can we make the signal status, time, battery etc bar transparent or semi-transparent?

¿can you make the phone wake-up when pressed the menu button?

Guest jesuita

Hello again..

The rom is great, really love it :)

But still havent found the thin circle battery mod. Just looking for the thin one, not the fat provided on the 1st page.

Can anyone help?

If not just indicate me on how to mod the fat one via SDK or something :)

Guest djupsjob

First, let me thank you for a great ROM. I think it is the best out there for the Blade at the moment, at least for my needs.

There is, however, I little thing that would make it a lot better for me. I've tried using both Skype and Viber on the device, but both have a bug that makes only speakerphone calls possible. Neither Skype nor Viber seem to put too much effort into fixing the problem. While googling about the bug I found out that a work-around or fix of some kind is available in Cyanogenmod. Would it be possible to include it in Swedish Snow as well? That would be truly great!

Guest youngsta2010

Hello again..

The rom is great, really love it :)

But still havent found the thin circle battery mod. Just looking for the thin one, not the fat provided on the 1st page.

Can anyone help?

If not just indicate me on how to mod the fat one via SDK or something :)

Try the UOT Kitchen.

uot.dakra.lt/

Guest DarkCrono

¿can you make the phone wake-up when pressed the menu button?

The energy is shut off to these buttons while the phone is in deep sleep, (somewhere in the forum), so it doesn't waste battery.

Guest wookie16081965

Hi dont know whether this is a bug or wrong setting can someone enlighten me please. Installed rls6 on my san fran working great except keep getting little r on signal and then its says ive lost data roaming because of signal or something similar. Ive had several roms on my san fran eg jj, mmhmp, swedish spring none of them did this if it is setting how can i stop it.Turning off all data get mobile network state disconnected and then cant get 3g or any other signal to use browser, thankyou in advance

anybody got any ideas

Guest DarkCrono

anybody got any ideas

Try other SIM cards, but this is shown when you're roaming inside your country, you can activate the option Allow national roaming inside Rom Settings, but if you're really roaming and your plan doesn't cover it, your bill will be EXPENSIVE

Guest youngsta2010

anybody got any ideas

Are you on UK Orange? I kept getting this message I changed the network provider from automatic to Orange and it went away. Something to do with using the T-Mobile network I think.

Guest wookie16081965

Are you on UK Orange? I kept getting this message I changed the network provider from automatic to Orange and it went away. Something to do with using the T-Mobile network I think.

Yes im on uk orange seems to pick up tmobile when signal is low

Guest wookie16081965

Try other SIM cards, but this is shown when you're roaming inside your country, you can activate the option Allow national roaming inside Rom Settings, but if you're really roaming and your plan doesn't cover it, your bill will be EXPENSIVE

Thats what im worried about i get 100mb a month free but my balance has been going down.

Guest wookie16081965

just tried this unticked data enabled registered on orange not automatically and now no 3 g strange

Guest DarkCrono

just tried this unticked data enabled registered on orange not automatically and now no 3 g strange

So you are on a bad cover area, only 2G

Guest KonstaT

First, let me thank you for a great ROM. I think it is the best out there for the Blade at the moment, at least for my needs.

There is, however, I little thing that would make it a lot better for me. I've tried using both Skype and Viber on the device, but both have a bug that makes only speakerphone calls possible. Neither Skype nor Viber seem to put too much effort into fixing the problem. While googling about the bug I found out that a work-around or fix of some kind is available in Cyanogenmod. Would it be possible to include it in Swedish Snow as well? That would be truly great!

Yeah, this is a known issue in ZTE stock ROMs. It cannot be fixed like it is fixed in CyanogenMod because we don't have the source code for this ROM.

Work-around for ZTE ROMs is to install Andorko 0.6 radio app. After closing the radio app VoIP audio is routed to earpiece until next reboot. It would also be possible to patch individual VoIP apps to route audio (there's at least patched version of Skype somewhere).

Edit2: I also translated strings into Turkish. Please find on the attachment. Can we integrate strings by ourselves? Thanks.

I attached a clockworkmod flashable zip (no wipe necessary). It includes these turkish translations, recently added spanish translations and I also fixed that one capital letter in german.

SS-RLS6-Turkish-Translations.zip

Guest sidbali

Thanks for the reply about bluetooth in airplane in your excellent rom.

I found the reference how this behaviour could be changed (from http://code.google.c...tail?id=1891#c1 ):

adb remount /dataadb shellsqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.dbUPDATE system set value='bluetooth,wifi' WHERE name='airplane_mode_toggleable_radios';Reboot.Now I can turn on BT in airplane mode.

Of course i could do it myself, but would like to have it included in the rom!

Hi KonstaT,

Could you please provide steps on how the above mentioned "bluetooth on airplane mode" can be accomplished

by modifying the settings.db.

Basically I am not sure of the procedure for modifying "settings.db" and thus I'm requesting your assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest ziyan

How's the battery life with this ROM? I charge my phone every day, and I barely reach 3 hours with display on with CM7 march20, using 2G only and opera mini next :unsure:

Guest nuckel

Cant find my network? it finds all my neighbours networks but not my own doesnt even appear and i have tried all the rls6 kernels and none find it? all my other phones find and connect to it without a problem? anyone else who has experienced the same difficulty?

Edited by nuckel

Guest wookie16081965

So you are on a bad cover area, only 2G

No ive always had great signal its been like this since installing rls6 dont remember it happening on rls5 and i know it didnt on other roms ive tried.

Guest dexa101

Hi, there, thanks for this wonderful rls6 ROM, just updated my Orange SF, working well so far. Just one question, does this rom enable the OTG function (like using usb thumb drive)? If not, how could i add this functionality? TQ.