[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sidbali

Hello KonstaT,

1.Curious about one really small little thing. Usually when the phone would be connected to the PC via USB, the visual notification (USB/Debugging Connected) would be accompanied with the default (selected) sound notification. The sound would also be heard when "Turning On/Off USB" from the notification bar. However in this ROM I don't hear the SOUND along with the notification. Is there some setting that I am overlooking? Is anyone else also experiencing this? Is there a way to enable the sound along with the USB notification?

2.Another thing, since I had used the "All in one TPT installation" I never got a chance to create an EXT Partition and as a result Darktremor a2sd is not activated and not available in the app drawer. From what I've read and understood, it's better to create an EXT Partition when doing a clean install. Since I've got my device all set and it's working beautifully, I guess I'll hold off till if & when I do a next clean install. As of now with all the apps that I need, the following is the system status:

Available Memory - 216MB Free (Using 204MB of 420MB Total) On an average.

Available Internal Storage - 197MB Free (Using 129MB of 326MB Total)

What I want to know is that if the above stats are sufficient for OPTIMUM performance? As I said everything works fine, however I do notice a considerable LAG when switching between the 5 home screens. The app launcher is very smooth, and so are the apps, gallery & videos. It's only the Home Screen switching that is laggy and sometimes unresponsive for a couple of swypes. Could it be the widgets on the home screen or the above system stats causing this? Below are screenshots of my 5 home screens:

post-971070-0-42995800-1333830542_thumb. post-971070-0-73423700-1333830586_thumb. post-971070-0-15381000-1333830610_thumb. post-971070-0-65373800-1333830632_thumb.

post-971070-0-92132500-1333830654_thumb.

3.Furthermore, if I do create a EXT Partition on the SD Card, does the Class (2-10) of the SD Card influence the performance. Currently my Blade is using a 16GB Class-2 SD Card (whacked it from my Dell Streak which now uses a 32GB Class-10 SD Card). Would an EXT Partition on a Class-2 SD be a 'noticable' performance inhibitor?

4.One Last thing, since I had used the "All in one TPT installation", my device is now Gen-2 right? Would it be now SAFE to use "Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip" (This ROM is for gen2 devices only) if ever needed to reinstall this ROM, rather than using the "All in one TPT installation"?

Regards,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest achoice

Read the first post - This ROM is for gen2 devices only.

OK, thanks. This is based on Moldavia High - which have a "gen3 add on" - was hoping similar existed this ROM.

Guest slumslayer

I was able to create a Patch for RLS6 to use PDroid v1.27 (Privacy Protection). But the patcher for the newer v1.32 don't work for me. Got it anyone to work?

PDroid here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357056

Yes, I patched it with PDroid v1.32 without error. I'm using it since ~2-3 weeks and it works fine. I can share the patch if you want.

Guest SGH-i200

Yes, I patched it with PDroid v1.32 without error. I'm using it since ~2-3 weeks and it works fine. I can share the patch if you want.

Would be great if you could upload the patch at mediafire and share the link here. Thanks!

Guest Iacobus

I've been using this ROM for almost a week now I think.

Runs very smoothly on my Blade! Battery results are also one of the best I had lately.

I'm looking forward to updates on this ROM. Keep up the good work!

Guest KonstaT

is it possible to add on the notification power widget "key" for 2g/3g? i need only this. cyanogenmod have it, but swedish snow is faster e most stable.

tnx

db

Yes, it is possible. ;) Something for the next release (if there will be one :P).

Please, could somebody make Viber work on this rom?

This is asked and answered almost once every page. Suggested work-around involves using Andorkos 0.6 FM Radio app.

Hi all. Is this ROM compatible with GEN3 devices?

(ie. sold with 2.3.5.)

Yes, you can use gen3 patcher from Moldovan MHMP thread.

Hello KonstaT,

1.Curious about one really small little thing. Usually when the phone would be connected to the PC via USB, the visual notification (USB/Debugging Connected) would be accompanied with the default (selected) sound notification. The sound would also be heard when "Turning On/Off USB" from the notification bar. However in this ROM I don't hear the SOUND along with the notification. Is there some setting that I am overlooking? Is anyone else also experiencing this? Is there a way to enable the sound along with the USB notification?

2.Another thing, since I had used the "All in one TPT installation" I never got a chance to create an EXT Partition and as a result Darktremor a2sd is not activated and not available in the app drawer. From what I've read and understood, it's better to create an EXT Partition when doing a clean install. Since I've got my device all set and it's working beautifully, I guess I'll hold off till if & when I do a next clean install. As of now with all the apps that I need, the following is the system status:

Available Memory - 216MB Free (Using 204MB of 420MB Total) On an average.

Available Internal Storage - 197MB Free (Using 129MB of 326MB Total)

What I want to know is that if the above stats are sufficient for OPTIMUM performance? As I said everything works fine, however I do notice a considerable LAG when switching between the 5 home screens. The app launcher is very smooth, and so are the apps, gallery & videos. It's only the Home Screen switching that is laggy and sometimes unresponsive for a couple of swypes. Could it be the widgets on the home screen or the above system stats causing this? Below are screenshots of my 5 home screens:

3.Furthermore, if I do create a EXT Partition on the SD Card, does the Class (2-10) of the SD Card influence the performance. Currently my Blade is using a 16GB Class-2 SD Card (whacked it from my Dell Streak which now uses a 32GB Class-10 SD Card). Would an EXT Partition on a Class-2 SD be a 'noticable' performance inhibitor?

4.One Last thing, since I had used the "All in one TPT installation", my device is now Gen-2 right? Would it be now SAFE to use "Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip" (This ROM is for gen2 devices only) if ever needed to reinstall this ROM, rather than using the "All in one TPT installation"?

Regards,

sidbali

1. There isn't/shouldn't be sound on any notifications other than for received sms/email/etc.

2. No need to create EXT partition on your sdcard unless you are running out of space on internal storage.

Try another launcher. I'm still using Launcher Pro but there are some other more recently updated options as well.

3. Darktremor a2sd only moves app's .apk files to sd-ext by default. This won't make any noticable difference in performance. Moving dalvik cache to sd-ext could decrease performance slightly and this isn't recommended.

4. Yes, now that your phone is gen2, it's recommended to use ClockWorkMod to install new ROMs. There is always very small but excisting possibility of bricking your device when using TPT.

Guest sidbali

1. There isn't/shouldn't be sound on any notifications other than for received sms/email/etc.

2. No need to create EXT partition on your sdcard unless you are running out of space on internal storage.

Try another launcher. I'm still using Launcher Pro but there are some other more recently updated options as well.

3. Darktremor a2sd only moves app's .apk files to sd-ext by default. This won't make any noticable difference in performance. Moving dalvik cache to sd-ext could decrease performance slightly and this isn't recommended.

4. Yes, now that your phone is gen2, it's recommended to use ClockWorkMod to install new ROMs. There is always very small but excisting possibility of bricking your device when using TPT.

Thanks Konstat......all questions answered. Loving this fast & stable ROM!!

Regards,

sidbali

tried to setup this from recovery but have no shortcut in app drawer after :unsure:

That's because you have to install PDroid from the Market afterwards. ;)

Guest vmnit

Notifications for missed calls, bluetooth transferred, etc. doesn't get cleared up after opening them thru' the notification list. It was working fine on Froyo 2.2.

Is there any setting in this release to do so? Or this is a bug in this ROM?

Guest KonstaT

Notifications for missed calls, bluetooth transferred, etc. doesn't get cleared up after opening them thru' the notification list. It was working fine on Froyo 2.2.

Is there any setting in this release to do so? Or this is a bug in this ROM?

Which dialer are you using? Are using some third party dialer replacement app?

It works as it should for me. Pressing missed called notification takes you to call log and the notification is cleared.

Guest KonstaT

Translations needed!

I've managed to add some new features to Swedish Snow and it seems that I have to make a new release at some point. :) If you want to translate the new strings to your language, you can find the new string from below. You can find the rest of the strings from post #1013 if you want to add a new still unsupported language. All translations are much appreciated. It is again very possible that RLS7 will be the final release and I would much rather have the translations before the release than after. ;)

Now would also be a good time to report any remaining bugs you might have found. Could someone with a dutch blade (which previously had the flipped camera screen issue) take a logcat from the stock camera app crash?

# for notification power widget
<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Network mode</string>
<string name="title_toggle_wifiap">Wifi tethering</string>

# for ROM settings
<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Partition info</string>
<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Vibrate when call is connected</string>
[/code]

post-834050-0-57761600-1333993857_thumb.post-834050-0-52030500-1333993833_thumb.post-834050-0-40769900-1333993845_thumb.post-834050-0-55751800-1333993821_thumb.

Guest agpoli

Translations needed!

Hungarian translation:

<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Hálózati mód</string>

# for ROM settings

<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Partíció információ</string>

<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Rezeg ha a hívást fogadják</string>

Guest wakeup12

Any replies for stock alarm application?

Is it possible to go back to the 2.1 stock alarm application? The new version of android doesn't have a CAPTCHA solution for disabling alarm and I really need this to wake up :). Actually there are some applications on the market, but I dont want to install any of them since we have a tool installed.

Turkish Translation:

<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Ağ modu</string>

<string name="title_toggle_wifiap">Wifi paylaşım</string>

# for ROM settings

<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Ayırma bilgisi</string>

<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Çağrı yanıtlandığında titret</string>

Guest KonstaT

Any replies for stock alarm application?

Is it possible to go back to the 2.1 stock alarm application? The new version of android doesn't have a CAPTCHA solution for disabling alarm and I really need this to wake up :). Actually there are some applications on the market, but I dont want to install any of them since we have a tool installed.

No, the stock alarm app has an issue when CRT screen off animation is enabled. It plays the alarm tone only once so it fails to wake you up for sure. ;)

There are plenty of alarm replacement apps in the play shop.

Guest youngsta2010

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free is what I use, I set it to ask me 5 medium difficulty maths questions to turn off the alarm :P and also disable snooze beforehand. Hasn't failed me yet ;)

Guest StDannyDan

Translations needed!

would much rather have the translations before the release than after. ;)

# for ROM settings

Russian language translation:

<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Режим сети</string>

<string name="title_toggle_wifiap">Режим Wifi точки доступа</string>

# for ROM settings

<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Информация о разделах</string>

<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Вибрация при соединении</string>

and some previous translations that didn't go well:

strings-ru.rar

Edited by StDannyDan

Guest wakeup12

Alarm Clock Xtreme Free is what I use, I set it to ask me 5 medium difficulty maths questions to turn off the alarm :P and also disable snooze beforehand. Hasn't failed me yet ;)

But I heard that if you kill the application accidentally using task killer, it does not ring :). Is this valid for this too? :)

Guest agpoli

But I heard that if you kill the application accidentally using task killer, it does not ring :). Is this valid for this too? :)

It's simple, do not use any task killers. They're useless anyway.

Guest DarkCrono

Translations needed!

# for ROM settings

Brazilian Portuguese (Pt_BR)

<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Modo de rede</string>

<string name="title_toggle_wifiap">Roteador Wi-Fi</string>

# for ROM settings

<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Informação de particionamento</string>

<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Vibrar quando a ligação é atendida</string>

Guest KingsizeX

Native Portuguese (Portugal) Translation (Pt_PT)

<string name="title_toggle_networkmode">Modo de rede</string>

<string name="title_toggle_wifiap">Ponto de acesso Wi-Fi</string>

# for ROM settings

<string name="extendedinfo_settings">Informação de partições</string>

<string name="call_connect_vibrate">Vibrar ao atender chamada</string>

Guest thewild

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but I am looking for the flashlight app that was - I believe - included in older versions of your rom.

I think it was this one : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.flashLight

Problem is that I do not like the new version with all the added options.

Would you still have the APK of the old version ?

Thanks in advance !