[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bladebuddy
Dear KonstaT

Could you add the music buttons (prewious,play/pause,next) to the notification widget in the next update ? Its already have good battery lifen and performance but i miss these buttons very much:) so what i can say: Thank you!

(:sorry for my bad english:)

There is not going to be another update. He said definitely the last update is rls7.

Guest Xinxe

Anyone having problems with the battery drain by maps? I didn't even use them and after 5 hours of using the phone I have only 20 percent of my battery left and when I check the battery usage, 25 percent have been used by maps. And as I said before, I didn't even use them. Any idea what is wrong?

I have this as well, 39% of the battery is used by Maps after 9 hours, even though I have not opened the app. GPS was turned off all day. I am still on RLS6 btw.

Guest matt4321

Sorry to bring this up again but I am struggling to get it to work. I am trying to get bootsounds operational. This is what I have done so far to no avail.

Have tried bootsound with a capital B converted to a ogg file and everything else I can think of.

Could it be possible my boot animation is the problem.

Any help appreciated.

what are the permissions on the sound file? I think (not 100% sure) they need to be rw-r--r--

I know it needs to be that for system apps, and since it's in the system partition that may be worth a shot!

Guest bladebuddy

what are the permissions on the sound file? I think (not 100% sure) they need to be rw-r--r--

I know it needs to be that for system apps, and since it's in the system partition that may be worth a shot!

Its rwxr, I am using root explorer to move the mp3 can that be used to change to rwrr as I am thinking that could be the problem but don't no how to change the permission, if you can help me please I would be a very happy chappy.

Guest matt4321

Its rwxr, I am using root explorer to move the mp3 can that be used to change to rwrr as I am thinking that could be the problem but don't no how to change the permission, if you can help me please I would be a very happy chappy.

Yeah root explorer can be used, long press the file and then scroll to permissions and change them there. Hope this helps and that it works!

Guest Snaku

Anyone having problems with the battery drain by maps? I didn't even use them and after 5 hours of using the phone I have only 20 percent of my battery left and when I check the battery usage, 25 percent have been used by maps. And as I said before, I didn't even use them. Any idea what is wrong?

There was a Maps update today, maybe you didn't noticed it. I guess this update somehow drains the battery. Also this is not the first time google rolls out bad updates, latest gmail app gives a degree of battery drain, though not as bad as the drain you're facing with Maps.

You can wait for google to fix it or just uninstall the updates and set the rule to not let android install updates automatically.

Guest bladebuddy

Yeah root explorer can be used, long press the file and then scroll to permissions and change them there. Hope this helps and that it works!

Thanks mat4321 for your help. I changed permission to rw-r--r--, and it worked a treat.

Guest sidbali

Hey Guys,

I too am noticing a substantial battery drain in RLS7 as compared to RLS6. Attached below are 2 screenshots:

post-971070-0-92620700-1334741506_thumb. post-971070-0-61478800-1334741550_thumb.

Notice the "Android System" usage is 54% in RLS7. This would not be more than 4%-7% in RLS6, with Mobile Standby & Phone Idle at 45%-47% each & Voice calls would be around 7%-9%.

With similar usage on RLS6 the a full charge would last me easily between 2 to 3 days. However now with RLS7 its struggling to last upto 1.5 days.

The device is set up and configured in exactly the same way for both RLS6 & RLS7. The only difference is that now in RLS7 I have created a sd-ext partition with a2sd active. I don't know if that makes a difference. The Gmail update did not do any noticable damage for me in RLS6. I can't tell if the recent Maps update is causing a drain in RLS7 though.

Any feedback and inputs on the same would be appreciated.

Cheers,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Hi, I installed the RLS7 TPT on a Blade a couple of days ago but I'm having a problem I haven't seen mentioned here. When I phone or am phoned by somebody, the screen goes black. I am able to speak to the person as usual but at the end of the call none of the buttons are functional and the screen remains black - the only solution is to take the battery out and put it back in again. Any idea what the problem is here?

Guest bladebuddy

Hey Guys,

I too am noticing a substantial battery drain in RLS7 as compared to RLS6. Attached below are 2 screenshots:

Notice the "Android System" usage is 54% in RLS7. This would not be more than 4%-7% in RLS6, with Mobile Standby & Phone Idle at 45%-47% each & Voice calls would be around 7%-9%.

With similar usage on RLS6 the a full charge would last me easily between 2 to 3 days. However now with RLS7 its struggling to last upto 1.5 days.

The device is set up and configured in exactly the same way for both RLS6 & RLS7. The only difference is that now in RLS7 I have created a sd-ext partition with a2sd active. I don't know if that makes a difference. The Gmail update did not do any noticable damage for me in RLS6. I can't tell if the recent Maps update is causing a drain in RLS7 though.

Any feedback and inputs on the same would be appreciated.

Cheers,

sidbali

I charge my phone every night ,so I don't notice any battery drain. Using the phone is no different to rls6 as far as I can tell with regards to battery drain. I also haven't noticed anything strange with CPU SPY.

What you could try is an app from Google play called " autostarts", it let's you turn off individual apps after bootup and you can also alter connectivity of some apps. This might help with your battery drainage problem. Just be careful when disabling system apps.

Hope this helps

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I just realized that if someone makes a video call using Skype, the skype freezes. Do you think it is because of a bad setting of CPU or related to skype?

Guest sidbali

Hi, I installed the RLS7 TPT on a Blade a couple of days ago but I'm having a problem I haven't seen mentioned here. When I phone or am phoned by somebody, the screen goes black. I am able to speak to the person as usual but at the end of the call none of the buttons are functional and the screen remains black - the only solution is to take the battery out and put it back in again. Any idea what the problem is here?

Try calibrating the "Proximity Sensor" in Settings\ROM settings\Proximity sensor calibration.

Go down to the last sensor.....it usually shows fail once the ROM has been just installed. Press the "Calibrate" and bring the device onto your ear (like you normally do when taking a call) to calibrate the sensor. It should show "OK" after that. Try making a call and see if it worked.

Guest bladebuddy
Hello,

I just realized that if someone makes a video call using Skype, the skype freezes. Do you think it is because of a bad setting of CPU or related to skype?

How do you make a video call without a front facing camera ?

Guest MidaMilunk

I have got some "Can not connect to camera" errors recently. Hot reboot solved this, no logcat for this reason.

Did anyone met similar?

Guest sidbali

I charge my phone every night ,so I don't notice any battery drain. Using the phone is no different to rls6 as far as I can tell with regards to battery drain. I also haven't noticed anything strange with CPU SPY.

What you could try is an app from Google play called " autostarts", it let's you turn off individual apps after bootup and you can also alter connectivity of some apps. This might help with your battery drainage problem. Just be careful when disabling system apps.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help mate. But I'd rather not disable apps after bootup as I didn't need to do it with RLS6. Was merely making a comparison between RLS6 & RLS7 with regards to battery life as a few others have earlier in this thread.

Glad to see you got your 'bootsound' sorted out. Any special tune that we might like and you'd probably want to share??

Cheers.

Edited by sidbali

Guest bladebuddy

http://dandroidtabletpc.com/download-boot-animations-installer-1-4-3-android-apk.html/

I installed one of the boot animations from the app above " the dancing Ginger bread man" and added "prodigy warriors of dance" ringtone as boot sound. It makes me laugh watching him raving. More to do with my funny sense of humour then anything else. But it sure makes waiting for your phone to boot up more interesting:D

Guest sidbali

http://dandroidtable...droid-apk.html/

I installed one of the boot animations from the app above " the dancing Ginger bread man" and added "prodigy warriors of dance" ringtone as boot sound. It makes me laugh watching him raving. More to do with my funny sense of humour then anything else. But it sure makes waiting for your phone to boot up more interesting:D

Thanks buddy,

Will try it out......seems interesting.

Cheers.

Try calibrating the "Proximity Sensor" in Settings\ROM settings\Proximity sensor calibration.

Go down to the last sensor.....it usually shows fail once the ROM has been just installed. Press the "Calibrate" and bring the device onto your ear (like you normally do when taking a call) to calibrate the sensor. It should show "OK" after that. Try making a call and see if it worked.

That fixed it. Thanks very much! wink.gif

Guest yash_p90

People, I have a ZTE blade, then I want a rom based CyanogenMod 7 that was stable and had everything working, because the swedish rom is not very good for games, thanks.

i do not understand what u r trying to say

Edited by yash_p90

Guest MidaMilunk

NO THEME CHOOSER!!!!!!!!!!

this ends the relationship between me and SS :P

So you prefer viewing your phone instead of using it (just a joke...)

:D

Anyway, if you do not change your theme, every day, just do have a preferred one, you can create your customized update.zip yourself.