[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Spider-Vice

Despite what some people are saying here I actually find this ROM faster and more stable than ICS or JB, especially in the menus and 3D games. It's also more stable for overclocking, might use this as my main ROM instead, even though Konsta did an excellent job porting ICS and JB to our trusty Blades.

Android 2.3.5 might be old but I guess it's as old as our Blades :P

NO, swedish snow is the new version of this rom, so update to it.This ROM is dead

Wut :huh: I don't understand you...

Despite what some people are saying here I actually find this ROM faster and more stable than ICS or JB, especially in the menus and 3D games. It's also more stable for overclocking, might use this as my main ROM instead, even though Konsta did an excellent job porting ICS and JB to our trusty Blades.

Android 2.3.5 might be old but I guess it's as old as our Blades :P

Yeah, but Blade is just too weak for Android 4+ :(

Edited by Malfis

Guest elrond_bs

First of all, you should never ask for update (rule number 1 with ROMs). Second, as you can see this ROM is abandoned almost year ago! And third, KonstaT did all that can be done with stock based ROM, there is nothing to update! The update is to 4.x. If you want 2.3 - this ROM is very stable and fast as it is.

No, Blade is not too weak for 4.x, try it for yourself (with ROMs: CM10 by Konstat with update by daemond or EcoCM9).

Swedish Snow is NOT an update of anything (certainly not Swedish Spring, which is 2.2). The word "Swedish" is because it is based on stock ROM from Sweden (but 2.3).

Guest Spider-Vice

Well, but CM10 is much much slower than this for me, and a bit less stable. 3D games are very slow with CM10 and 10.1 and the responsiveness is much less compared to 2.3.5. It might not be smooth scrolling in some places and whatnot like CM10 but I find this faster for our "weak" Blades.

Guest elrond_bs

Then you are one of the few who have slow performance on CM10, you can try CM9. For me and most people (judging by the comments in 2 forums) CM10 is faster than 2.3.5.

First of all, you should never ask for update (rule number 1 with ROMs). Second, as you can see this ROM is abandoned almost year ago! And third, KonstaT did all that can be done with stock based ROM, there is nothing to update! The update is to 4.x. If you want 2.3 - this ROM is very stable and fast as it is.

No, Blade is not too weak for 4.x, try it for yourself (with ROMs: CM10 by Konstat with update by daemond or EcoCM9).

Swedish Snow is NOT an update of anything (certainly not Swedish Spring, which is 2.2). The word "Swedish" is because it is based on stock ROM from Sweden (but 2.3).

I was just asking. Im now using ROM from daemond, it runs nice, but sometimes it lags or whatever. Or Im just expecting fast responce that many peoples dont care. 600mhz CPU handle it as best as possible. Dual or Quad Core mobiles handle 4.x much much better, but that is obvious.

Guest daniel3ub

I'd like to leave here a BIG, HUGE "thank you" to Konstat for putting the time and effort to build this rom.

Also, I'd like to thank all the great people that follows this thread, helping out others.

Thank you very much, guys.

I am moving to a new phone, so I think this is goodbye :)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spider-Vice

So I just installed one of the other kernels which gave me better wifi performance but I lost all the apps, including the ROM apps (Such as no-frills) and the google playstore. And the link2sd apps too, so what went wrong?

Guest bladebuddy
So I just installed one of the other kernels which gave me better wifi performance but I lost all the apps, including the ROM apps (Such as no-frills) and the google playstore. And the link2sd apps too, so what went wrong?

Links2sd is probably you're problem as dark tremors apps2sd is included with the rom. Always a good idea to read the first page instructions before flashing a rom.

Guest Spider-Vice

No, I already had the ROM with Link2SD, it was working fine. I just flashed one of the other custom kernels in the first topic and the apps disappeared... Sort of, they're all listed as installed.

Guest bladebuddy
No, I already had the ROM with Link2SD, it was working fine. I just flashed one of the other custom kernels in the first topic and the apps disappeared... Sort of, they're all listed as installed.

What kernel did you flash as some of them say (stock kernel) which means you will not be able to overclock with no frills.

Also try deleting links to sd and type into the terminal emulator su

app2sd reinstall.

See if that helps. J

Guest Spider-Vice

I flashed the "SS-RLS7-New-Moldovan-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (latest stock kernel/wifi driver from Moldovan release 4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B19)". What puzzles me is that I lost stuff like the Play Store, the Terminal Emulator, etc.! I'll try redownloading from the Play Store if it doesn't FC on me like it did before...

Guest Spider-Vice

Okay, the playstore is fixed but link2SD says invalid argument when mounting. Terminal and Superuser are installed too now, I tried the command above but it doesn't work at all, just shows the su command help.

Guest bladebuddy

DELETE LINKS 2 SD as it brings nothing to the party first.

Then type su / apps2sd reinstall.

You're apps should now be on the sd card but it might not look like they are. If you install free space from Google play you will see you have more free space also terminal will do stuff then reboot.

Sorry I missed the s out of the command before but its been over a year since doing this. J

If you have a fast class 10 quality sd card try this command su / apps2sd cachesd, or Google the correct commands as I think there wrong but very near. J.

Guest lineone

i've tried most of konstat's blade roms but always come back to

Swedish Snow RLS7

as it's the only one that plays bbc iplayer and is 100% stable.

this rom rocks! :D

Edited by lineone

Guest SoonDead

I'm planning on installing this rom on my ZTE blade.

It was sold as GEN1 and then later I installed the official 2.2 update provided by t-mobile. It apparently made my phone GEN2 as I have discovered trying to install this with the all in one TPT method.

Since I've never installed any custom ROM-s on my phone I approach this cautiously. There is a lot of information about this, and it's not easy to decipher what is outdated, and what is valid because there are a few contradictions. So I'm sort of lost in the process, as I wouldn't want to make any irreversible mistake.

I have made a question about my progress on android.stackexchange.com, but I haven't recieved any answers.

• Basically I want to install clockworkmod as if I understand correctly it replaces the default recovery and lets me install custom ROM-s. But I'm not entirely sure which is the right version for me.
  • I also want to repartition my internal storage if it is not unreasonably risky. I have been struggling with the official 2.2 on blade as even if I move my apps to the SD card the partition for storing the applications' data (facebook, gallery app, etc) eats up all the space. I'm unsure how it is done and how much it changes my phone (e.g. am I able to repartition it without removing/breaking the currently installed rom?) I have read about it and decided that the amphoras TPT Helper app will be able to help me through this one. Should I do it? Is it worth the risk? Also what do I resize it to? 128 /system? 160 /system? My guess would be 128.
  • Finally I also want to install Swedish Snow on the phone. If I understand correctly this is done by booting into recovery, selecting every wipe option (wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache) and then selecting the zipped rom to install, reboot my phone and wait for it to boot up the new rom. I'm not sure when or how to install the circle battery mod addon for example.

Can I get some advice about these steps?

Also which is the best way to backup the current state of my phone? I'm not talking about the data (as i have already backed that up), but anything worth backing up if I want to revert to the stock rom later in the case I have trouble with this. I have read about nandroid for example. It seems to be the best solution for this. Is it?

Sorry for the lot of vague and bundled up questions, I should have probably separated this into a handful of posts.

Edited by SoonDead

Guest thanos3xd

I'm planning on installing this rom on my ZTE blade.

It was sold as GEN1 and then later I installed the official 2.2 update provided by t-mobile. It apparently made my phone GEN2 as I have discovered trying to install this with the all in one TPT method.

Since I've never installed any custom ROM-s on my phone I approach this cautiously. There is a lot of information about this, and it's not easy to decipher what is outdated, and what is valid because there are a few contradictions. So I'm sort of lost in the process, as I wouldn't want to make any irreversible mistake.

I have made a question about my progress on android.stackexchange.com, but I haven't recieved any answers.

• Basically I want to install clockworkmod as if I understand correctly it replaces the default recovery and lets me install custom ROM-s. But I'm not entirely sure which is the right version for me.
  • I also want to repartition my internal storage if it is not unreasonably risky. I have been struggling with the official 2.2 on blade as even if I move my apps to the SD card the partition for storing the applications' data (facebook, gallery app, etc) eats up all the space. I'm unsure how it is done and how much it changes my phone (e.g. am I able to repartition it without removing/breaking the currently installed rom?) I have read about it and decided that the amphoras TPT Helper app will be able to help me through this one. Should I do it? Is it worth the risk? Also what do I resize it to? 128 /system? 160 /system? My guess would be 128.
  • Finally I also want to install Swedish Snow on the phone. If I understand correctly this is done by booting into recovery, selecting every wipe option (wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache) and then selecting the zipped rom to install, reboot my phone and wait for it to boot up the new rom. I'm not sure when or how to install the circle battery mod addon for example.

Can I get some advice about these steps?

Also which is the best way to backup the current state of my phone? I'm not talking about the data (as i have already backed that up), but anything worth backing up if I want to revert to the stock rom later in the case I have trouble with this. I have read about nandroid for example. It seems to be the best solution for this. Is it?

Sorry for the lot of vague and bundled up questions, I should have probably separated this into a handful of posts.

All the answers of your questions are one the home page of zte blade Rom customisation!! Why to install 2.3.5?? Our mobile now supports with no bugs 4.1.2 CM10 wich is much smoother than 2.xxx Roms!!

Guest SoonDead

EDIT: a lot of my questions are outdated now as I have actually done a few things (installed the newest CWM, installed this ROM, and installed Circle Battery and ZTE Dialer addons). I read a lot about TPT too (which I am still thinking about).

As my first impression: This is quite a decent ROM!

Positive:

My GPS works fine again, it was performing really poorly on Stock ROM.

The menus and overall navigation feels much smoother, than in the Stock (although the browser and the android market is still sluggish).

Negative:

I had trouble with viewing my SIM contacts first, but after installing the ZTE Dialer it is possible again, so it is not really a negative.

I also miss the old Task Manager app, but there is like 9001 on the market, so it is also fine.

Why to install 2.3.5?? Our mobile now supports with no bugs 4.1.2 CM10 wich is much smoother than 2.xxx Roms!!

I was searching for a ROM that is fast and preserves battery life and is very stable. There are a lot of ROMs for blade, I thought I have found the right one for me. The 4.* branch seemed a little "experimental" for blade, for example there is this in the header of KonstaT's ROM's topics ( http://www.modaco.co...01-android-422/ http://www.modaco.co...10-android-412/ )

This is my port of CyanogenMod 10 for ZTE Blade. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users - people who are aware that this ROM is incomplete. I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed), instead your ideas/input on the remaining issues is welcome.

This meant to me these roms are experimental and not for everyday use (yet).

If these ROMs are stable, or you are referring to other CM10 based ROMs for blade that are stable please point me to them. I'm open to suggestions about ROMs.

Edited by SoonDead

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Troublicious

First of all, thanks KonstaT for this wonderfull rom !

I post here cause i have a big problem: i cannot update apps anymore because of the error "Insufficient Space Error" !

I checked in Rom Settings / Partition Info and i have more than free space on data (123 Mo / 326 Mo), cache (216 Ko / 42 Mo) and SD card.

The strange thing is that i can install new apps but cannot update installed ones!

The problem began with Firefox, so as i can update apps, i tried to uninstall Firefox but i cannot install it anymore : "Insufficient Space Error".

The same thing happens with Advanced Task Killer, i uninstall the app but cannot install it anymore (200 kb !!)

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks for your help ...

EDIT: OK i found that my SD was dying, or at least that the filesystem is corrupted ...

Edited by Troublicious

Guest sontarasan

Hi SoonDead

I've been on Swedish Snow for over a year - its a great rom and does exactly what I need and was an easy TPT install. A big thanks to KonstaT for this.

2 things put me off upgrading to all the various versions CM10 - as you've said its not final. Also it looks a heck of a lot more complicated to install (ie more things to go wrong)

I'm sure I'll be "corrected" on this but until a version of CM10 comes along thats a full TPT install I'll stick with Swedish Snow.