[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest zoicado

i have a problem when i enter on internet or play market or youtube it auto exit from the program or the mobile just shud down

Edited by zoicado

Guest Pantalon10

Hello everyone,

I have a problem from a few days... without I have made anything :

NOW, I can't use CONTACT ... if I want use one contact entries, I have a crash on my app with a error message explain me that it was close by the system.

I have try wipe... without result.

Is it possible to reinstal only the Contact Apps and if yes, how can I make it ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest timo24

its nice rom but i have a problem when installing apk.. my phone always rebooting when im installing apk, also in market cant install apps.. Need Help..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i still think this is the best rom (in terms of performance, battery and efficiency) for my blade :) thanks konstat

wonder if any still use it, and if there are any new issues to worry about?

Edited by ve100

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Dear Konsta!

I learning about android and rom development. You use the following kernel command line: androidboot.hardware=blade console=ttyMSM2,115200 g_android.product_id=0x1354 

Your blade can use the ttyMSM2? How can í use that? I'm only see the fastboot process on back panel serial output. If you can, please help. How can i see the kernel's booting process? If i create a kernel, and that kernel won't start, i need to know what's wrong. 

Very thanks!

Kormen

• 4 months later...
Guest StaleFish

My Zte Blade is pretty much now my back up/bike app/sat nav device. Swedish Snow is the best performing rom by a country mile, after experimenting with the others I've come back to it.

• 1 month later...
Guest bluegoof

I would appreciate a lot if someone could help me.

I am totally lost !!!!

My Blade is GEN2 (as sais Mr.PigFish) bought officially in Czech Republic.

I have started the entire process just few minutes ago, but I am stuck from the same beginning.

First thing I was going to download everything needed:

z4root 1.3.0 (z4root.1.3.0.apk)
ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b (check you get the right one - 0.34b)
recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g2.img - not the ZIP not g1 file

but could not find any of these on Internet.
The one z4root I have downloaded and started installing was some kind of UC browser I did not want.

Please could you post here the right links for the original files?
Now I am lost!
What to install and where to download it?

Thank you very much.
Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XPbIM3

Using a modern ZTE blade with 5Mpx autofocus camera and this awesome rom.

The only bug is flipped/mirrored camera. The image is flipped left-to-righ. (upside down in landscape mode)

Any ideas how to solve this bug?

Thx!

Guest XPbIM3

Guys can someone give me a gist how to flash this rom over the zeelogs kitkat? With the 6.0.27 cwm

Same way as always.

Download zip, wipe system and data partitions, install zip from CWM.

...Or use TPT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using a modern ZTE blade with 5Mpx autofocus camera and this awesome rom.

The only bug is flipped/mirrored camera. The image is flipped left-to-righ. (upside down in landscape mode)

Any ideas how to solve this bug?

Thx!

Solved by puting my native original kernel into Swedish Snow boot.img

Works okay now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Pascaleiro

Hi! I was trying to install this ROM but I can't seem to activate the developer mode. I know where I'm supposed to click, but only the Android version "button" works

Guest KonstaT

Hi! I was trying to install this ROM but I can't seem to activate the developer mode. I know where I'm supposed to click, but only the Android version "button" works

Heh, this is a Gingerbread ROM. Development settings has been hidden like that only on recent Android versions (Jelly Bean and so on).

A quick Google search would have told you that it's Settings->Applications->Development.

• 1 month later...
Guest darkglobe87

Thanks for this ROM. I am attempting to revive a UK Orange San Francisco.

Currently I am facing the following problem:

The play store works upon installation of this ROM. It then updates to version 6.2, which also works. The problems begin when Google Play Services starts installing in the background. After that the play store downloads remain on "download pending". This also applies to Jventura's Eco CM7 / CM9 ROMs. I thought it may have been lack of space on /system so I increased it to 220Mb. No luck. I then installed your CM10.1 ROM which is the only way to get the play store working. Unfortunately  (no disrespect) that ROM doesn't suit me as it is too slow and battery-hungry. 

Is there a way to get the modern play store working on gingerbread ROMS?  This is a problem seemingly affecting all GB ROMs I have tried. The download links to MMHMP have been removed; when I received this old phone from a relative it was all working with that ROM. I initially wanted to install ICS or above in order to use apps which won't work with android 2.x but have now accepted that battery life etc is more important. SS RLS7 seems to be the most in-depth re-working of a blade ROM. If you could advise me that would be great!!

EDIT: This is a TPT updated GEN2 with android stock v10 layout (TPT helper no longer works so I couldn't create my own with a smaller cache)

EDIT #2: I have now successfully set a 200mb /system, 2mb cache, rest for /data layout. The problem is still the same. No play store after play services update. :(

Edited by darkglobe87

On 9/27/2016 at 11:49 AM, darkglobe87 said:

Thanks for this ROM. I am attempting to revive a UK Orange San Francisco.

Currently I am facing the following problem:

The play store works upon installation of this ROM. It then updates to version 6.2, which also works. The problems begin when Google Play Services starts installing in the background. After that the play store downloads remain on "download pending". This also applies to Jventura's Eco CM7 / CM9 ROMs. I thought it may have been lack of space on /system so I increased it to 220Mb. No luck. I then installed your CM10.1 ROM which is the only way to get the play store working. Unfortunately  (no disrespect) that ROM doesn't suit me as it is too slow and battery-hungry. 

Is there a way to get the modern play store working on gingerbread ROMS?  This is a problem seemingly affecting all GB ROMs I have tried. The download links to MMHMP have been removed; when I received this old phone from a relative it was all working with that ROM. I initially wanted to install ICS or above in order to use apps which won't work with android 2.x but have now accepted that battery life etc is more important. SS RLS7 seems to be the most in-depth re-working of a blade ROM. If you could advise me that would be great!!

EDIT: This is a TPT updated GEN2 with android stock v10 layout (TPT helper no longer works so I couldn't create my own with a smaller cache)

EDIT #2: I have now successfully set a 200mb /system, 2mb cache, rest for /data layout. The problem is still the same. No play store after play services update. :(

I guess Google has forgot there's still ARMv6 devices running Android as well. It was about three years ago when newer versions of Youtube stopped working because of this so it's no surprise. Every ROM for this device will have exactly the same problem. You could try 'freezing' Play Services with Titanium backup (if that still works).

/system is read only. You only need big enough partition for the ROM. Nothing gets changed in /system after that (unless you specifically do something yourself).

Edited by KonstaT