Callin with Skype?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Ive used skype several times on different ROMs and at first when i called the audio only came trough the back speaker. But ive swiched ROMs so many times i cant remmember what on what ROM the sound came trough the frontspeaker like it should.

Or could this be a setting? I think Skype worked like it should on Atomic 2.0 or any other version, or did it never come trough the front speaker and was it just my imagination?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

theos0o on xda has a modded Skype which you can use MODE_IN_CALL which switches the sound to the front speaker. This would work on all roms. You need to uninstall Skype before installing his modded version. You can find it on his thread over on xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

Thanks man even better! (I will test it when i have someone to call)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

On CM7 the original Skype from Market worked correctly - using the front speaker. Also calls made from skype to mobile and land lines worked as treat.

Haven't tried yet on another roms.

Guest Wacky.ddw

On CM7 the original Skype from Market worked correctly - using the front speaker. Also calls made from skype to mobile and land lines worked as treat.

Haven't tried yet on another roms.

Ok it probably was cyanogenmod then when it worked correctly. It could be a driver problem in Atomic then... I havent got the chance to test the other version.

• 1 month later...

theos0o on xda has a modded Skype which you can use MODE_IN_CALL which switches the sound to the front speaker. This would work on all roms. You need to uninstall Skype before installing his modded version. You can find it on his thread over on xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

anybody using any version of the modded Skype above? versions 11, 13 & 14 from xda and Skype from the market don't work for me. messages are always pending. i did have a working version before but i've forgotten which (market i think) but just wondering what people are using now that's working for them, so i don't have to go back through all the modded versions.

not so bothered about the front speaker fix, just want a working version for messaging.

i'm still on Atomic v2.5 in case that matters. thanks.

Edited by Nozz

anybody using any version of the modded Skype above? versions 11, 13 & 14 from xda and Skype from the market don't work for me. messages are always pending. i did have a working version before but i've forgotten which (market i think) but just wondering what people are using now that's working for them, so i don't have to go back through all the modded versions.

not so bothered about the front speaker fix, just want a working version for messaging.

i'm still on Atomic v2.5 in case that matters. thanks.

Nobody using Skype on Atomic?

• 2 months later...