No 3g data after bad reception problem? - solved -

Guest Involver

Guest Involver

Hello fellow 2x'ers,

I've come across a problem with both GR5 and Thanatos v5.1 where the data connection over 3g seems to break-down after being in an area with bad reception for some period of time (ie being in a parking garage). I've read on the interwebs that this is some sort of common problem with the 2x running Gingerbread, however nothing substantial can be found to prove this (all sorts of stuff from bad iptables to bad hardware on some models). I'm using BB725 and like said, I've had this problem with GR5 and now also with Thanatos. Only a full restart will restore 3g data, WiFi is still working nonetheless though. A few things I've noticed (but again nothing consistent) is that if you're coming from flight-mode or in my case using Gentle Alarm with night-mode (=flightmode) and then enter and leave the garage, the problem occurs more often. When doing a full reset before going into the garaga (or not using flightmode) I have a better chance of having 3g data after leaving.

Now.. is that weird or what? Has anyone even noticed this problem at all? Let alone found a solution?

edit:

I've found the best ROM/BB/RIL combination using this BB (0725 v20m version) and the RIL (v20l Italy) that comes with this ROM (Thanatos2x v5.1). GetRIL advises me to use a different RIL, but for now I see no reason as this is allready a massive improvement as it is.

Edited by Involver

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow 2x'ers,

I've come across a problem with both GR5 and Thanatos v5.1 where the data connection over 3g seems to break-down after being in an area with bad reception for some period of time (ie being in a parking garage). I've read on the interwebs that this is some sort of common problem with the 2x running Gingerbread, however nothing substantial can be found to prove this (all sorts of stuff from bad iptables to bad hardware on some models). I'm using BB725 and like said, I've had this problem with GR5 and now also with Thanatos. Only a full restart will restore 3g data, WiFi is still working nonetheless though. A few things I've noticed (but again nothing consistent) is that if you're coming from flight-mode or in my case using Gentle Alarm with night-mode (=flightmode) and then enter and leave the garage, the problem occurs more often. When doing a full reset before going into the garaga (or not using flightmode) I have a better chance of having 3g data after leaving.

Now.. is that weird or what? Has anyone even noticed this problem at all? Let alone found a solution?

It is a common problem that nobody (even LG) has got to the source of yet. The V20o changelog looked like there were fixes for this, but v20o ROMS still have the problem. Have you tried 218BB + RIL? That fixed it for me, all my data connections have been working well since I flashed that BB. I don't use night/flight mode though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joebacsi74

Next week will try to solve Radio problems with the help of my friend at the local Official Service Center (of course Officially; my Phone fresh and has guarantee)

It looks like that the Baseband isn't as new as expceted.

Stay tuned for next week.

Joe

Edited by joebacsi74