[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Is the compass working the right way round in the ROM? In Tillal port of CM7 it was pointing south with the phone horizontal in google maps.

Edited by aamiel

Guest stiefanu
Hi, Ice Armor is pretty good & smooth but the animation is too complex for me (I like simple)

I tried to edit the anim folder in the framework-res.apk but failed and found there are several different files from the earlier release(Ice Armor I)

It is possible to release a patch to change the animation to the android default style?

Thank you very much!!

You can try an app called anim mod that lets you to change animations :D

Inviato dal mio Skate usando Tapatalk

Guest victormun

I've gotta say this ROM is probably the smoothest I've tested. I like it very much, thanks. Finally, I'm able to use flawlessly a live wallpaper :)

Guest Kayusumi

Anim Mod: https://market.andro...mNoYW5nZXIiXQ..

Just testing it now....

edit: it does not work,at least for me,no change at all.

In the previous release I can directly change the xml files in the the folder "anim" in framework-res.apk to get the default android animations

But I found several different xmls this time, maybe that's why our methods can't work

Guest timfimjim

The new transitions are much more tasteful (in my opinion) and the rotation is great! Also liking the centre date when you drag down the notification bar, really stylish. My one problem with that is when softbuttons are enabled the date doesn't appear - so there's no way of seeing the date unless you go on your homescreen. By the way if there is a way but I just haven't worked it out (very possible considering the amount of customisation options) please point it out to me ha!

The new transitions are much more tasteful (in my opinion) and the rotation is great! Also liking the centre date when you drag down the notification bar, really stylish. My one problem with that is when softbuttons are enabled the date doesn't appear - so there's no way of seeing the date unless you go on your homescreen. By the way if there is a way but I just haven't worked it out (very possible considering the amount of customisation options) please point it out to me ha!

Yes there is...

settings/cyanogen settings/tablet tweaks/softbuttons left

Edited by Guest

Guest dibbles

Has anyone had any issues of not being able to connect to 3G when using this ROM...?

What I have found is that I can't receive any MMS messages when using it. I do not have use 2G only ticked and it does not matter what I have the GSM / UMTS mode set to. I have the correct APN settings applied.

I do not see the small 3G or H symbol as I would expect to do when I have 3G enabled thus no MMS retrieving.

I have no such problems when using the Atomic ver 4 ROM. I get the symbols as required and can both send and receive MMS messages. I am using ASDA in the UK for my SIM, which is correctly identified, it is using Vodafone as the carrier.

There are no more settings that I have seen to further enable or disable the 3G aspect of this device.

No problems for me here,3G working fine,it connects instantly when I use notification power control.

Also,I have not changed any settings,it just worked straight out of the box.

Edited by Guest

Guest PedroVader

No problems for me here,3G working fine,it connects instantly when I use notification power control.

Also,I have not changed any settings,it just worked straight out of the box.

Same here, running like a dream, no issues at all...touch woodtongue.gif

Guest Kayusumi

Has anyone had any issues of not being able to connect to 3G when using this ROM...?

What I have found is that I can't receive any MMS messages when using it. I do not have use 2G only ticked and it does not matter what I have the GSM / UMTS mode set to. I have the correct APN settings applied.

I do not see the small 3G or H symbol as I would expect to do when I have 3G enabled thus no MMS retrieving.

I have no such problems when using the Atomic ver 4 ROM. I get the symbols as required and can both send and receive MMS messages. I am using ASDA in the UK for my SIM, which is correctly identified, it is using Vodafone as the carrier.

There are no more settings that I have seen to further enable or disable the 3G aspect of this device.

My 3G works fine

post-934340-0-71709100-1328284759_thumb.

Guest dibbles

Thanks very much for your responses, most appreciated :)

Regardless of any MMS settings I "should" see the G / H small icons to show 3G type activity unless it is disabled. I never got this with the first version and a clean flash of this does not give it either.

I will try another wipe and a fesh flash BUT the Atomic ROM works right away.

Thanks again for the responses and the screenshot as I ow know what it should look like.!

Just to be clear I have got the 2g/3g icon in the power controls and it has the green bar underneath it, I assume that should be all that I need..?

I do have data disabled as I do not want to connect to the Internet to receive my MMS messages - that should not cause an issue with a 3G connection though.

:)

Edited by dibbles

I updated to the new version last night, and all the ice-armor branding has gone. It now looks like CM7, complete with CM7 wallpaper. The few screen shots on here of the update, appears to show different icons etc than comes with CM7. What should it look like, and any ideas why it hasn't happened with my version?

many thanks

I like this ROM but the battery usage is awful. I've done a full charge to 100% and the phones only been on nearly 2 hours (with WiFi force enabled via Trillian) and it's already dropped to 94% even though the phones in standby. To compare I can have Atomic running for over 10 hours with WiFi enabled and it will only drop 1%. I can only guess that either C2DM isn't working as it should or this ROM refuses to use slower polling (thus the 35% WiFi usage).

CM7:

screenshot1328293144697.png

Atomic:

screenshot1327363917220.png

They're both using the same brightness levels, same network settings and even the same application settings so why the huge difference, especially with WiFi usage and display? I've triple checked everything too and nothing helps.

Edited by H3ROS

Good morning to all friends Androids ...

Someone by chance algue ´ m this having trouble with the keyboard?

In case there is a problem in itself ... just when I give a long press to select an accent or a subletra keyboard doesnt give me the option to see which of these options I'm choosing ...

Example: when you press the key "and" to choose an accent to it does not have the option to show which one I'm choosing .... because the normal is the color go over the option showing in which I am to be able to choose the correct one!

If anyone is having this problem and can help I am grateful .....

Thank you!

Good morning to all friends Androids ...

Someone by chance algue ´ m this having trouble with the keyboard?

In case there is a problem in itself ... just when I give a long press to select an accent or a subletra keyboard doesnt give me the option to see which of these options I'm choosing ...

Example: when you press the key "and" to choose an accent to it does not have the option to show which one I'm choosing .... because the normal is the color go over the option showing in which I am to be able to choose the correct one!

If anyone is having this problem and can help I am grateful .....

Thank you!

I cannot see this problem,I just checked.

What theme are you using? As themes usually theme stock android keyboard.

Switch to another theme or download one from market and see if you still have problem.

I cannot see this problem,I just checked.

What theme are you using? As themes usually theme stock android keyboard.

Switch to another theme or download one from market and see if you still have problem.

First, thank you for responding ...

Actually this happens in all themes that I select and the problem continues ...

friend ... is it would stick with the old version's keyboard Ice Armor? Is how to use it? Like both android native keyboard that didn't want change just so…. Since the rom this perfect…

I am very grateful to you!

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest JThumar

I have one observation

The battery does not drain when screen is off in atomic, but once you start the screen and internet, i lose 5% in 3 mins in Atomic everytime. But with this ROM that discharge is very slow and its 1% in every 5 minutes....

I have set io to noop and use setcpu during screen off......

Probably discharge after starting screen compensates for slow discharge during screenoff.....

I like this ROM but the battery usage is awful. I've done a full charge to 100% and the phones only been on nearly 2 hours (with WiFi force enabled via Trillian) and it's already dropped to 94% even though the phones in standby. To compare I can have Atomic running for over 10 hours with WiFi enabled and it will only drop 1%. I can only guess that either C2DM isn't working as it should or this ROM refuses to use slower polling (thus the 35% WiFi usage).

CM7:

screenshot1328293144697.png

Atomic:

screenshot1327363917220.png

They're both using the same brightness levels, same network settings and even the same application settings so why the huge difference, especially with WiFi usage and display? I've triple checked everything too and nothing helps.

Guest JThumar

Exactly what i wrote at the top......agree

In atomic I think the battery stats when off are innaccurate and catch up while the screen is on. In cm7 roms it is accurate all the time.

With Atomic, for me, even once I turn the screen on and have a play around the battery is still great. CM7, however, eats it in no time and the battery usage for WiFi goes through the roof even when it's not doing anything. You see, the reason I force enable WiFi in Trillian is so that I get messages without a huge delay and this works even with the screen off and polls correctly as shown by the 7% WiFi on Atomic. However, in CM7 it's got WiFi enabled as it should be but I don't think it's polling at all.

If CM7 really is more accurate then how would you explain Atomic lasting 3-4 days of usage, with emails, messages and calls and CM7 draining my phone over night which required me to put it on charge first thing in the morning?

At the moment I've disabled the forced WiFi connection in Trillian to see if CM7 prefers C2DM and if it will give me any messages even while the screen is off. I will update this post in half an hour.

Update:

With WiFi not forced via Trillian I no longer receive any messages until I turn the display on, so that's useless. I'm going to try using the WiFi connection policy set as never instead (Settings -> Wireless & Network settings -> Wi-Fi settings -> Menu button -> Advanced).

Edited by H3ROS