Proximity \ light sensor

Guest kirpika

Guest kirpika

I have a version of blade that is produced in china as v880\v880+ and is equipped with 256 mb of RAM.

Earlier I had problems with camera and wifi but latest roms and kernels solved them.

Now i think the only thing that troubles me - and not working - is a proximity sensor. I tried a bunch of custom roms but none of them seem to support the sensor. Every calibration ended up aborting the operation.

I installed the stock chinese rom with 2.2 on board.. and it worked! Both proximity and light sensor were sending and receiving data

http://www.zte.com.cn/cndata/mobile/mobileinfo/201112/t20111207_268290.html (3rd tab)

Well, proximity sensor is a real help as many people experience problems aborting calls by sliding the screen along the cheek. I'd give this chinese rom a try (for some time) although it's too buggy and slooow - but it doesn't support google apps at all - no market, maps, sync and so on.

Do you have a solution to this?

Guest DarkCrono

I have a version of blade that is produced in china as v880\v880+ and is equipped with 256 mb of RAM.

Earlier I had problems with camera and wifi but latest roms and kernels solved them.

Now i think the only thing that troubles me - and not working - is a proximity sensor. I tried a bunch of custom roms but none of them seem to support the sensor. Every calibration ended up aborting the operation.

I installed the stock chinese rom with 2.2 on board.. and it worked! Both proximity and light sensor were sending and receiving data

http://www.zte.com.c...207_268290.html (3rd tab)

Well, proximity sensor is a real help as many people experience problems aborting calls by sliding the screen along the cheek. I'd give this chinese rom a try (for some time) although it's too buggy and slooow - but it doesn't support google apps at all - no market, maps, sync and so on.

Do you have a solution to this?

I have this model and everything is OK with proximity sensor.

I got this aborts just when I tried to calibrate it under the sun/strong light. I use Moldovan MMHP RLS 8 with the undervolt kernel RLS 9.

Guest kirpika

I have this model and everything is OK with proximity sensor.

I got this aborts just when I tried to calibrate it under the sun/strong light. I use Moldovan MMHP RLS 8 with the undervolt kernel RLS 9.

um, what's the date of manufacture of your v880?

mine was produced just in late 2011, which means it's quite new. and yours?

prox may be ok but does it WORK? when you start a conversion the screen should fade out. it doesnt work for me and some guys i know. we have the same problem.

ill try the rom you mentioned but i doubt it wll work ((

UPD,

ok i checked again. vanilla version (zte emode) aborts the whole program. standard version says "something went wrong. aborting". perhaps new sensors or new drivers.

the funny thing is that stock chinese rom is 2.2 and it works.

that is a fail, ((

Edited by kirpika