Philips Android-specific headphones

Guest dialmformostyn

Guest dialmformostyn

Music-loving Android owners rejoice! Philips has announced a range of headphones to cater specifically for Android handsets and tablets. While most handsets come with headsets boasting mid-cable controls, the sound quality of these units often leaves something to be desired. Given that so many right-thinking people own Android phones, it seems a surprise that it's taken until now for a big-time audio gear manufacturer to cater products directly at them.

The Made for Android range of headphones (including in-ear buds, around-the-ear hooks, and over-the-ear cans) will allow owners to control their phone's music from the cable remote.

Posted Image

"But there are so many Android phones," say you. "How will I know they work with mine?"

"With an app that lets you select your make and model," say Philips.

This app will provide the user with EQ and sound properties settings, alongside the obligatory volume/play/pause/skip functions, as well as in-call controls, so musos far and wide will be able to enjoy their playlists in high quality, while avoiding the indignity of having to actually remove their phones from their pockets. Currently supported are most HTC, Samsung, Motorola and LG handsets, no doubt with more to follow.

According to Pocket-lint the cost of the headphones will begin at $29.99 (£19.29 at time of writing) for the SHE7005A in-ear buds, rising to $39.99 (£25.70) for the sport-focused SHE8105A around-the-ear hooks and $49.99 (£32.15) for the higher end SHE9005A in-ear buds. At the top end of the scale, the SHL9705A cans will set you back $99.00 (£65).

Source: Pocket-lint

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest maniac2003

Philips in my experience is, most of the time, just as good as other major brands within the same price range.

I have a Philips In-ear (SHE9800) and a headphone (SHP8900) for some time now and they are still doing what they supposed to do.

Guest unrandomsam

They are too expensive unless they are unusually robust.

Think more likely to get better for your money if you get seperately the lead with the mic and controls and seperate headphones.

(play.com sennheisers you can often get at less than 50% of RRP.)

I generally find niche stuff less likely to be discounted.

(I would be willing to pay full price for headphones but I would need to know they would last a decent length of time (At least 5 years if they are £100) - no questions asked / no hassle).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.