Update prob

Guest khos

Hi everyone,

Asking for much needed help/advice, I had a working 2.3 update on my phone, I decided to try install a mod, somehow I messed it up. I have the clockwork mod installed so am able to see zip such oxygen2.3.2-u8800.zip and others. if I try to install those it goes through those without error but then it loops in rebooting.... I tried to update again using U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip, and that does not help at all. When I try update with U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip it shows the update screen but the progressbar does not move at all. I have clear the various cashes using clockwork. Has anyone got advise fir me, I cannot get my phone working....

Thanks

Update stock rom once more.

I've been trying with U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip but the update progressbar is not moving...

I've been trying with U8800V100R001C00B518G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread).zip but the update progressbar is not moving...

Where is your dload folder? your not flashing it in cwm are you? put the dload folder to INTERNAL sd.

Where is your dload folder? your not flashing it in cwm are you? put the dload folder to INTERNAL sd.

Thanks for your reply, I put the dload folder into the root level on a micro sd and then start with -+volume and power pressed, I can see the firmware update screen showing... but the issue is it says updating but the progressbar never moves.. just stays at 0. that is the issue. Maybe I am using the wrong firmware update? can you/anyone recommend which I should be using? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply, I put the dload folder into the root level on a micro sd and then start with -+volume and power pressed, I can see the firmware update screen showing... but the issue is it says updating but the progressbar never moves.. just stays at 0. that is the issue. Maybe I am using the wrong firmware update? can you/anyone recommend which I should be using? Thanks for your help.

Put the dload to phones memory, remove anything else in there, remove sd card and then boot it to pink screen.

Put the dload to phones memory, remove anything else in there, remove sd card and then boot it to pink screen.

How can I move this over to my internal from external sc card as I cannot load the phone into android at all, the only bit I can get to is cwm or the firmware update screen(which is not updating). Should I try to do something with adb?

How can I move this over to my internal from external sc card as I cannot load the phone into android at all, the only bit I can get to is cwm or the firmware update screen(which is not updating). Should I try to do something with adb?

You have change for ubuntu? If no, check how much space do you have in your sd. If possible, format it and put only dload folder to there.

You have change for ubuntu? If no, check how much space do you have in your sd. If possible, format it and put only dload folder to there.

Does using Ubuntu make it possible to look at the phone's file system? I have that in Virtual Machine's so can try that. I already made sure that only dload is on the sdcard... same result... hmmm, is my phone bricked?

Does using Ubuntu make it possible to look at the phone's file system? I have that in Virtual Machine's so can try that. I already made sure that only dload is on the sdcard... same result... hmmm, is my phone bricked?

In pinkscreen, windows only mounts 1 partition. Ubuntu mounts whole system. That ways ppl can take dd backups. Get beta 1 to ubuntu box, then put your phone to computer, and make virtualbox to "capture"(cant remember the word) the usb port u8800 is in. It *should* mount bunch of usb drives. Locate the internal sd from them, and then put beta 1 to there.

In pinkscreen, windows only mounts 1 partition. Ubuntu mounts whole system. That ways ppl can take dd backups. Get beta 1 to ubuntu box, then put your phone to computer, and make virtualbox to "capture"(cant remember the word) the usb port u8800 is in. It *should* mount bunch of usb drives. Locate the internal sd from them, and then put beta 1 to there.

Ok so I tried it with Ubuntu, result:

When I boot to ppink screen nothing is detected, I checked that the device is captured in Virtual box.

When I boot the phone normally it Ubuntu sees something but I cannot browse it, it shows a drive called "Quallcomm IncorporatedMas" but I cannot browse/access this, maybe someone could help me, I think it should be possible but not sure how to proceed with the Ubuntu bit due to limited knowledge of Linux.. could it be the a driver is missing? Why can't I see the device when booting to the pink screen, that is what I need? Arrgggh. Maybe try with Ubuntu on real machine instead of from a VM? Any help would be most appreciated.

WOW, I stumbled on solution, on URL http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1431730&highlight=solved , removing the battery did the trick! What an amazing thing that is ? Anyway thank you very much for standing by me and helping, you are most kind!