Notion Ink Adam II is announced!

Guest Novek

We can all remember how the Notion Ink Adam tablet was suddenly all over the IT news and blogs, both for it's good price vs specs and the interesting design. Now the company seems ready to go with a new model which will bring a TI OMAP44xx dual core CPU (unknown clock speed) and a PowerVX SGX5xx GPU. Notion Ink seems to be using a pretty clean TI setup to ensure optimal better power management and optimization. Adam II will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

No word yet as to whether the Adam II will offer the innovative (but slightly disappointing) Pixel-Qi colour e-ink screens that made the original so unique.

Source: Notion Ink

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest Meister_Li

I dunno but... A 32MP Camera on a Tablet seems a little... Useless. They should rather invest in a nice IPS Display for people who don't like the Pixel-Qi Display and a proper Pressure-Sensing Digitizer-Pen.

Guest unrandomsam

It says 3.2 on the picture. (The dot in a darker black)

I really wish more companies would actually try something different.

They should rather invest in a nice IPS Display

I really hope they don't do ^^ (Unless they manage to get an anti glare and direct sunlight readable screen at a better price point than the Panasonic Toughpad).

Making everything like everything else that already exists is pointless. Better to have niche products that are better for different things.

It is bad that basically everything copying Apple even the bad parts. (Not to mention getting far more expensive to get something of reasonable quality / usability).

Guest unrandomsam

Even more so than ^^ now I have read the specs for the original (Seems they actually care about the right things for once). i.e Matte / Finger print resistant / Sunlight readability.

(Other things seem to be designed so that other people (not even using them) think they look cool above all else.)

• 10.1" WSVGA (1024 x 600)
  • Optional Pixel Qi display
    with Matte Coating:
    Transmissive, transflective,
    and reflective modes
  • Multi-touch
  • Matte Screen Guard
  • Anti glare coating
  • Scratch resistant
  • Finger print resistant

Guest brucelee666

Novek the video and specs you listed above as adam 2.0 were for the original adam 1.0, no specs have been released yet for adam 2.0 apart from using the TI setup described in the press release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.