Cannot add apn with both cyanogen and miui

Guest ltpitt

Guest superandrex

Hi! I have got fix the problem about operator name:

copy acer_ril.db of stock rom in /system/etc and reboot. :)

Connection data however not working :(

Guest davidevinavil

Thank for the tip :)

Guest Smeelious

this may seem silly..

but there is an option in the CM settings for how the carrier is displayed.

CM settings --> Interface --> Status bar tweaks --> Carrier label type.

SPN should be the name

PLMN should be the carrier ID #

or you can just put in cutom text if it really bugs you.

Guest superandrex

this may seem silly..

but there is an option in the CM settings for how the carrier is displayed.

CM settings --> Interface --> Status bar tweaks --> Carrier label type.

SPN should be the name

PLMN should be the carrier ID #

or you can just put in cutom text if it really bugs you.

ok, but not is just a matter of "aspect," it is right that is recognized automatically.

Guest white_snake

I check and on muiu that i have now on my phone.

Beta release - 1/12/9

MIUI 1.12.9 Dl Link

sim isn't recognizing

but the data connection is working and also i can use sim. In the system/build.prop i have this line:

ro.telephony.ril_class=acer

Do you think i can try to modify with same value?

Maybe you're not using a usim... 64k sim?

It's not a matter of ril_class, or operator automatically recognized, but a matter of usim card management (ex. 128k Vodafone and H3G). They store data in a different "layout", so ril seems to work well (maybe they didn't change anything from normal sim) but data layout isn't the same of normal sim.

Anyway, for data connections usim are marked as "not ready", that's why you can't connect to data while everything else is working quite well.

It's not a matter of ril_class, or operator automatically recognized, but a matter of usim card management (ex. 128k Vodafone and H3G). They store data in a different "layout", so ril seems to work well (maybe they didn't changeanything from normal sim) but data layout isn't the same of normal sim.

Anyway, for data connections usim are marked as "not ready", that's why you can't connect to data while everything else is working quite well.

Any good or bad news, mate?

Guest votantonio

It's not a matter of ril_class, or operator automatically recognized, but a matter of usim card management (ex. 128k Vodafone and H3G). They store data in a different "layout", so ril seems to work well (maybe they didn't change anything from normal sim) but data layout isn't the same of normal sim.

I have one vodafone 128k and infact i have the similar problem with apn with all the release os miui and cm except that for the beta release 1/12/9

I have one vodafone 128k and infact i have the similar problem with apn with all the release os miui and cm except that for the beta release 1/12/9

This is very interesting...

Anybody is able to understand what is changing between that old beta and the new one?

Guest white_snake

This is very interesting...

Anybody is able to understand what is changing between that old beta and the new one?

Done some comparation and seems that acer RIL classes are missing in recent builds (noClassDefFoundError com.android.internal.telephony.AcerRIL), maybe due to lgeqcom ril switch...

Maybe some other classes are missing?

You can see it clarely forcing the use of acer ril classes with ro.ril_class=acer.

Here's the full stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.internal.telephony.AcerRIL

at com.android.internal.telephony.PhoneFactory.makeDefaultPhone(PhoneFactory.java:136)

at com.android.internal.telephony.PhoneFactory.makeDefaultPhones(PhoneFactory.java:55)

at com.android.phone.PhoneApp.onCreate(PhoneApp.java:443)

at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:969)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:3292)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:117)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:969)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3703)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

• 2 weeks later...

When i create new APN, and touch save, the apn there isn't in list...both in cm7.23 and miui2.2.30, so 3g doesn't work

I have Vodafone 128kb simcard

Solved this problem?

• 1 month later...
Guest votantonio

When i create new APN, and touch save, the apn there isn't in list...both in cm7.23 and miui2.2.30, so 3g doesn't work

I have Vodafone 128kb simcard

Solved this problem?

No solution yet? I have too a vodafone 128kb simcard

• 5 months later...

Anyone any solution for this? I have a great (Russian) MIUI rom for Acer Iconia Smart S300 (GB device, no ICS boot stuff yet) but the APN's do not work for European users...

Guest Lens_flare
Anyone any solution for this?

the only news I could provide is that acerqualcommril is a pure lgequalcomm wrapper which does nothing but fixes signal strength, so you couldn't get described result..

• 2 months later...
Guest aAa2014

HEY GUYS,i got the solution for ur problem,firstly u have reflash your rom back to the stock or some roms that allow you dial ##778# to enter EPST,choose edit,password is 000000,choose NAM NAME,set the MCC & MNC etc. depand on your provider,and then click commit changes and reboot your phone and dial again to check if it's really changed or you will have to use qpst to change user & pwd like net@sp.net, after that you may want to reboot your phone to have a try to see it works,apn setting or create is no need anymore

Edited by aAa2014