need some help to build cyanogenmod 7

Guest lvcargnini

Guest lvcargnini

Hi,

I'm trying to build from source the cyanogenmod 7 for Acer liquid.

I downloaded the official source tree and from thePasto I took the liquid device tree.

The problem is I'm running a MIUI on my liquid now when I extracted the file using extract-files.sh, I didn't found:

remote object '/system/etc/firmware/BCM4325.bin' does not exist

remote object '/system/etc/firmware/BCM4325_apsta.bin' does not exist

remote object '/system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so' does not exist

but during the build

after typed make -j4 I got the following error:

Notice file: bionic/libm/NOTICE -- out/target/product/liquid/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libm.a.txt

make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/acer/liquid/proprietary/BCM4325.bin', needed by `out/target/product/liquid/system/etc/wifi/BCM4325.bin'. Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Notice file: hardware/ril/reference-ril/NOTICE -- out/target/product/liquid/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libreference-ril.so.txt

user@machine:~/android/system$

Please could someone provide me this binaries.

Regards,

Vitorio.

Guest after_silence

You can find this files in miui in \system\etc\wifi\ and the last one in \system\lib\. Just open zip file of miui firmware and find this files.

But why CyanogenMod 7? =)

Guest lvcargnini

You can find this files in miui in \system\etc\wifi\ and the last one in \system\lib\. Just open zip file of miui firmware and find this files.

Thanks I'll look for it.

Why 7:

Because in my opinion ICS is build to run on systems with at least 1Gb of RAM, no less.

Guest after_silence

About 1gb of ram - its absolutely not so :-) Its eating almost the same amount of ram as miui ports for example. Some devices with 512 of ram will recieve official update to ics, so the problem is not in ram.

Guest lvcargnini

About 1gb of ram - its absolutely not so :-) Its eating almost the same amount of ram as miui ports for example. Some devices with 512 of ram will recieve official update to ics, so the problem is not in ram.

Maybe, but the new devices coming out that has ICS have (all of them) 1 Gb of Ram all that officially will receive ICS have 1 Gb of RAM.

Our Liquid devices (my S100) don't work well on Gingerbread with SWAP, so my opinion if is not a Tegra2 at least let it be, if you want ICS ... you would have to buy a new device, so far for me CM7 on liquid is enough.

Guest lvcargnini

on MIUI they called Xvenc instead of Xvidenc

Guest after_silence

Before building the rom its not so important. There can be an error in liquid-vendor-blobs.mk or just not up-to-dated device tree of CM rom. Just delete this line from .mk file to start compiling.

Edited by after_silence

Guest lvcargnini

why u're building a new cm7 when u have a LN 1.9.2 fast as hell (without sdman)?

Are you sure ? Last time I tried it was not that fast, and buggy (at least for me). Since it seems it is on halt either I decided to start from scratch and test it on device first, assuming any goal of a ROM release.

Edited by lvcargnini

Guest zorginho

yep i've it on my liquid only sdman is buggy, that's why if u have the ext partition and u have enabled it from sdman menu, the rom is slow.

but try it with the native apptosd (the gingerbread one) without ext partition... u will see a hellfast rom (the fastest i've ever seen, and i've tried all)

sry for my bad eng :D

Guest lvcargnini

yep i've it on my liquid only sdman is buggy, that's why if u have the ext partition and u have enabled it from sdman menu, the rom is slow.

but try it with the native apptosd (the gingerbread one) without ext partition... u will see a hellfast rom (the fastest i've ever seen, and i've tried all)

sry for my bad eng :D

no stress with the English, you can try Portuguese and French also but in pvt,

but for now, please more details on how to do that than I'll give a try in this.

I have the system rooted, my SD has SWAP, ext3, VFAT on it ok, now how can I try to use this room and where to download it ?.

Thanks and regards,

Vitorio.

Guest zorginho

i'm italian :P

simply format ur sd and set the ext size to 0 from recovery then:

Edited by zorginho

Guest lvcargnini

i'm italian :P

simply format ur sd and set the ext size to 0 from recovery then:

DONE !

The trick are the wipes and the SD-ext in ext3.

But either way Why can't I compile my own ROM ? or continue the work on LNP / CM7 and get it officially into the CM tree ?

Edited by lvcargnini