Flashing gen 2

Guest gagan313

Guest gagan313

HI all, i have recently been to hong kong and bought another racer and a htc wildfire for really cheap prices.....

i want to risk installing gen 2 on my old racer and android 2.2.2 or whatever. can anyone direct me in the right direction i need a step by step guide please:)biggrin.gif

Guest Manuel Cristo

i'm interested too. I have a zte link from yoigo running android 2.1. i saw that there are 2.2.2 official updates for mtc and brazilian users. everytime i try to update using terminal software online upgrade system from zte it gets me to the stock 2.1 yoigo rom. even if i flash official russian or brazilian rom :(. how can i update help pls

Guest equiliym

you need original FTM recovery to upgrade to gen2 2.2.2 via terminal software for your country/provider, revert to it, boot it, plug usb and just hit upgrade or whatever

Guest Manuel Cristo

you need original FTM recovery to upgrade to gen2 2.2.2 via terminal software for your country/provider, revert to it, boot it, plug usb and just hit upgrade or whatever

well i flashed the brazil tim's original rom which contains ftm recovery and when i update it just updates to my stock rom..yoigo.. :(

Guest equiliym

thats odd, it should format everything, update your tpts and flash a new 2.2.2 android rom on your device.. did you ask for your provider to update it for you? they should do it for free if you took phone from them

Guest Manuel Cristo

thats odd, it should format everything, update your tpts and flash a new 2.2.2 android rom on your device.. did you ask for your provider to update it for you? they should do it for free if you took phone from them

yeah but they say they discontinued support for zte link and no updates to 2.2 will be available

Guest equiliym

lol.. well if you search a bit this subforum you will find few tutorials on how to create backup of your current gen1 tpt files and tpt files of russian? and chinese gen2 devices with tutorial and software how to flash..

Guest Archer_cn

You need to use USDL tool to flash TPT files to your phone, but it might destroy you phone by mistake operation(like lose power in the middle, wrong ROM, NVM no backup, etc).

If you really want to do this, backup you NVM first! and make sure your backup file has the size 69KB.

It's the info in the bootloader I think that offical ZTE (online) update tool read your phone model from, so flash a "offical" zip ROM via cwm won't help.

and you may want to read more threads to learn how to TPT with USDL tool.:D Wish you luck!

Guest gagan313

You need to use USDL tool to flash TPT files to your phone, but it might destroy you phone by mistake operation(like lose power in the middle, wrong ROM, NVM no backup, etc).

If you really want to do this, backup you NVM first! and make sure your backup file has the size 69KB.

It's the info in the bootloader I think that offical ZTE (online) update tool read your phone model from, so flash a "offical" zip ROM via cwm won't help.

and you may want to read more threads to learn how to TPT with USDL tool.:D Wish you luck!

any link?biggrin.gif