[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest anarkill

Can anybody give me correct ADB Drivers for .32 kernel for Windows 7 x64 ? I try to port LeWa OS Chinese Rom to 32 kernel, but I can't use logcat with drivers in first post.

Guest desalesouche

how does um840 under same conditions? (don't forget to underclock it to normal 528 MHz frequency)

would also be interested in X3 results.

so;here's the result of the test on um840 (last update) with antutu tester with oem battery in same condition(cpu @528 luinosity 100 per cent/no wifi/no gps....

time:13:43 14:33 15:07 16:21

capacity:100 73 46 19 score 474 quite interesting result :)

will do later with x3

Edited by desalesouche

Which option is better for Dalvik Cache? : 1-SD-EXT - 2- /Cache - 3-Internal memory ... I mean which option will make apps running faster I'm using CM7.2 also I wanna know what the hell is Dalvik Cache....

Never use the cache partition, it's not enough and you'll end up with the need of reflash or something.

On this rom it actually doesn't matter if u use internal or sd-ext partition, cause it's kinda slow already (as twrock said) but I know in the earliest beta stages (the first rom from TomG which he stopped developing cause he thought it was too slow) it was way faster when using the sd-ext but after some reading I found out that there was a bug in those days for reading from internal memory.

So between sd-ext and internal partition it's up to u - how much apps do u install.

Guest pier11

so;here's the result of the test on um840 (last update) with antutu tester with oem battery in same condition(cpu @528 luinosity 100 per cent/no wifi/no gps....

will do later with x3

so do we have a new winner?

actually I've heard many people say that battery life is very good in this rom...

Guest desalesouche

actually I've heard many people say that battery life is very good in this rom...

for the moment winner is um840 rom...but i haven't test yet with x3

Guest Kareem Vampire

I don't install a lot of apps only my daily usage apps but the phone lags a lot while doing simple stuff like dialing a number, answering a call, sending a message or browsing the web my only wish for this phone is to have a stable rom with no lags while doing these simple stuff the stock froyo worked for me but the only problem was about arabic it doesn't show arabic sms well the letter are separated the same problem with all cm6 but the arabic patch didn't worked with it

Never use the cache partition, it's not enough and you'll end up with the need of reflash or something.

On this rom it actually doesn't matter if u use internal or sd-ext partition, cause it's kinda slow already (as twrock said) but I know in the earliest beta stages (the first rom from TomG which he stopped developing cause he thought it was too slow) it was way faster when using the sd-ext but after some reading I found out that there was a bug in those days for reading from internal memory.

So between sd-ext and internal partition it's up to u - how much apps do u install.

I don't install a lot of apps only my daily usage apps but the phone lags a lot while doing simple stuff like dialing a number, answering a call, sending a message or browsing the web my only wish for this phone is to have a stable rom with no lags while doing these simple stuff the stock froyo worked for me but the only problem was about arabic it doesn't show arabic sms well the letter are separated the same problem with all cm6 but the arabic patch didn't worked with it

Well use the txg rom, I know it's quite stable and if u don't install lots of apps u'll get nice battery life (+ u have arabic support).

Guest desalesouche

1/score with antutu tester 431

test with oem battery with styx-32 k-20120309c cpu at 528 no wifi/no gps/ luminosity 100per cent

2/desalesouche, on 06 March 2012 - 09:04 PM, said: test with antutu tester on cm7.2 .cpu at 528 ans stock battery 2011-11-04

bought in january 2012.. score:363

test of 2630 mah gold battery with antutu tester on cm7.2 cpû @ 528/no wifi/no gps/brightness 100/100....

time 13h59 /15h07 /15h36 /finish 17h21

capacity 95 /68 /41 / 14

score 605 which is not so bad isn't it :D ....

3/so;here's the result of the test on um840 (last update) with antutu tester with oem battery in same condition(cpu @528 luinosity 100 per cent/no wifi/no gps....

4/result of battery test with last x3 rom

time 18:37 19:11 19:32 20:50

capacity 96 69 42 15 score 398

So the winner is um840 rom :lol: second=styx third=x3 last= cm7.2

i would like to thx all these roms and creators for participation :D

i have to test also the JOYos rom

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

I can't say for sure about this rom. My experience is that this rom lags more than CM6 or FTB (2.1).

But for me, I think these four things help with the lag problem in other roms:

-lowmem-moderate

-swappiness 30 (with 32mb swap file)

-overclock set higher (but even though this helps, I choose not to do this in order to save battery life)

-freezing all apps I don't use regularly in both the system and data (I use MoDaCo's EasyFreezy app)

YMMV

Guest desalesouche

i have a problem with the way i have to enter phone numbers in the room....i am asked to enter them that way 00X-XXX-XXX-XXXX...and i canno't make call with numbers written that way....before i was asked to enter numbers this way:00XXXXXXXXXXX

i have to say that i am located in france.

so what can i do?

is it a question of setting?

thx

edit: if somebody can help...thx :)

Guest pier11

edit: if somebody can help...thx :)

my only idea is something with regional settings. If set language to French/France (or if possible English/France) will it help to the phone numbers?

Guest pier11

cpu at 528 no wifi/no gps/ luminosity 100per cent

score with antutu tester

1/ styx-32 k-20120309c: 431

2/ cm7.2: 363

3/ um840: 474

4/ x3: 398

So the winner is um840 rom, second=styx.32, third=x3, last= cm7.2

Very valuable results. Thank you very much for research.

Very interesting how roms even on the same kernel lead to very varying battery utilizations.

Looks:

- Froyo is 20% more energy efficient (at least with it's native .32 kernel) 431 vs. 363 for CM, 474 vs. 398 for stock;

- Huawei's roms do 10% better to manage power than our cmX - 474 vs. 431 for froyo, 398 vs. 363 for gingerbread.

- Difference between first and last is 30%.

What else would be very interesting is to set battle of kernels: .32 vs .29 to define absolute winner.

I'd nominate:

- styx .29 (difference is just in kernel with styx .32)

- FTB (Twrock used to say had greatest battery life)

- stock Eclair rom from manufacturer.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

Very valuable results. Thank you very much for research.

Very interesting how roms even on the same kernel lead to very varying battery utilizations.

Looks:

- Froyo is 20% more energy efficient (at least with it's native .32 kernel) 431 vs. 363 for CM, 474 vs. 398 for stock;

- Huawei's roms do 10% better to manage power than our cmX - 474 vs. 431 for froyo, 398 vs. 363 for gingerbread.

- Difference between first and last is 30%.

What else would be very interesting is to set battle of kernels: .32 vs .29 to define absolute winner.

I'd nominate:

- styx .29 (difference is just in kernel with styx .32)

- FTB (Twrock used to say had greatest battery life)

- stock Eclair rom from manufacturer.

please can you link stock Eclair rom from manufacturer? i will do these 29 kernel test...:)

did you see result of testing the 2340 mah battery? it is good isn't it?

i think it is a shame that the new huawei ascend d quad xl would have only a 1800 mah battery...they could have done more mah battery for sure...at least a battery with 2340mah or 2600 mah (there is one for our u8220/8230) or more:3OOO mah by example...

Guest pier11

please can you link stock Eclair rom from manufacturer? i will do these 29 kernel test...:)

did you see result of testing the 2340 mah battery? it is good isn't it?

i think it is a shame that the new huawei ascend d quad xl would have only a 1800 mah battery...they could have done more mah battery for sure...at least a battery with 2340mah or 2600 mah (there is one for our u8220/8230) or more:3OOO mah by example...

This is latest and greatest 2011 UK rom:

http://support.t-mob...C85B836SP01.zip

And here is D-D- collection (choose your favorite):

http://android.modac...-updates-on-21/

Ah, forgotten you have u8230. Don't know about it. Red bull?

yes, I saw your results with 2340 mah battery. Definitely good!

Edited by pier11

This is latest and greatest 2011 UK rom:

http://support.t-mob...C85B836SP01.zip

And here is D-D- collection (choose your favorite):

http://android.modac...-updates-on-21/

Ah, forgotten you have u8230. Don't know about it. Red bull?

yes, I saw your results with 2340 mah battery. Definitely good!

I can provide you link to a rom that is pretty stock (only root added).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15703389/de2.1mod00.zip

this one is eather the german or the newer uk rom.

Guest Gary64

I can't to update setMacAddress from the Market. I receive error: "...file package signed incorrectly..." .

So i can't to install the official mac address in the my U8230.

Can anyone to help me?

Thanks.

Guest pier11

I can't to update setMacAddress from the Market. I receive error: "...file package signed incorrectly..." .

So i can't to install the official mac address in the my U8230.

Can anyone to help me?

Thanks.

true, setMacAddress app doesn't work correctly with newer wifi driver.

there is no implemented solution yet. But we know already how to overcome the problem on froyo-based roms.

Guest desalesouche

@ pier11/dr.flo and others..look what is happening if in build prop/ of cm7.2-20120301

in ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=10000000

you change 10000000 for 30000000

you can record HQ video(30M) with camera . but still little problem

can you check this please and confirm or not

:)

Edited by desalesouche

Guest ezabi

There is a newer release on CyanogenMod mirror

http://download.cyan...m/?device=u8220

It's quiet stable with less FC's, yet camera's not working.

How do you see it in comparison to this topic's rom.

Also how can we integrate the working camera drivers in this topics rom to the one on CM mirror?

Edited by ezabi

Guest doc_relax

Hi,

did everything according to instructions (German U8230 with latest stock ROM 2.1)

Error: Verifying update package... Wrong digest: system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

Any Ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. Somehow it didn´t work out with Amonra Recovery. Tried Clockworkmod Recovery, worked.

Will post experiences later :-)

Edited by doc_relax

My last problem (I have) with this rom is not showing some symbols (it happens with some apps and internet text).

I know somewhere pier told us to install some fonts, but can't find the post.

screenshot-1332547276855.png