[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Until now i only detect two bugs:

- video record at high quality - it crash the app and corrupt the video file, the workaround is change the video record to low quality

- rotation - after some time it don't work, i had try several things but it didn't work, the workaround is put the rotation options in the power control widget so i can easily disable and enable the roation.

The rotation bug was my mistake, the workaround is to disable 180 degrees and 270 degrees in CM settings, leave only 0 and 90 degrees enable, after doing this change is necessary to restart the phone (this was my mistake). I found this in Twrock solution's for the same issue in cm6.

i'm loving Onyx, i´m trying adw launcher but i think laucher pro have a better performance, for example, with laucher pro i can use "cube" transitions without any lag, with adw this kind of transitions are slow.

Guest Tico1003

The original keyboard is very easy to return to the rom.

Unzip the Onyx rom file. Delete /system/app/Touchpal.apk and /system/lib/libtouchpal.so.

Unzip Pier's rom. Find /system/app/LatinIME.apk and copy it to the Onyx rom /system/app.

Rezip Onyx rom and install.

However, the rom will be larger. Just make sure you have enough space to do it.

Regarding "minimalism", I modified this rom similar to the way that I modified dr.flo's CM6. I try to eliminate things I consider bloat as well as make the rom small enough that I can install Chinese IME into the rom. But Onyx is as "featured" as Styx.

Hey Twrock!

Thanks for the hint with the original keyboard. I will try it later, for now I'm OK with Touchpal.

Sorry if I misuse some words but I did not try to "minimize" in any way your great job; I've just meant it was quite "optimized". I will be testing Onyx even I do not have much time to do it throughly, my time is limited because of work.

From today I'm having some random FC's with the camera once it happens it repeats again and the Weatherclock app I have installed from market gets desynchronized with the basic phone clock time.

Thanks again and Regards!

Guest twrock

Why don't i have market and i installed everything like told?

Two possibilities I can think of (common problems):

1. If you installed Pier's CM7.2 rom (not my mod called "Onyx"), you must also flash Gapps in order to get the Market app.

2. Maybe you didn't start with the official Tre update, so you don't have enough room in /system for all the apps in the rom.

Guest jgilalonso

Hi Twrock,

Can you open a new thread about Onyx ROM?

I think that it is better to review what problems or functionalities are without solution in your ROM (perhaps they are differents of Pier11 version)

And if it's possible (I know I ask a lot) a explanation about installation, functionality, etc... similar to Styx ROM (the first post)

Thanks

Guest Freon35

Onyx ROM is (for me) much better then CM 7.2.

I slightly re-modified some apps and for now it works perfect. (removed email.apk, removed AndExplorer - replaced it with OI file manager). DTapps2SD is the necessity for our phone, and it would be perfect to implement function into ROM to automatically recognize SD/ext - swap like on Pulse Mini.

As I come to conclusion the most important thing for all ROM-s is recovery and how do someone set up the SD card.

Personaly for me Amon Ra does the trick for formatting, and CWM for installing.

Guest desalesouche

After a 2 day usage I get green screens?!?!?!?!

One more thing that I noticed is that in clock app there is no weather / news.

hi try to tick jit on it. helped me

Guest desalesouche

After a 2 day usage I get green screens?!?!?!?!

One more thing that I noticed is that in clock app there is no weather / news.

Guest desalesouche

hi...here is a little file to copy in system/etc/init.d it is called SDSPEED i slightly modified it cos the speed was to high and causing trouble ..(.black screen...) i change 2048

for 1024 and everything is ok now...i just tried it on cm7.2 from pier11...file manager /quickpic(i have 250 pics: quickpic is opening and displaying them very fast now....this file is coming from

FroyoOficial(isaacata8Final) for um840 if i remenber well... you can downoload it here: http://www.mediafire...ukb5y1ppmhf7bsh

just unzip it and push it in system/etc/init.d reboot and test please...give feed back thx

edit:i know there is an app called sd card speed booster who is doing the same but that app is 125 ko...and the SDSPEED file is only 1ko you can change the value in the file if you want for better convenience/optimization...give feed back please

Edited by desalesouche

Guest Freon35

JIT - what to do with it? I have now JIT enabled, Compcache on 18%, CPU min245 - max 633, VM heap 24M with SD booster apk on 1024 setting.

Guest desalesouche

hi...here is a little file to copy in system/etc/init.d it is called SDSPEED i slightly modified it cos the speed was to high and causing trouble ..(.black screen...) i change 2048

for 1024 and everything is ok now...i just tried it on cm7.2 from pier11...file manager /quickpic(i have 250 pics: quickpic is opening and displaying them very fast now....this file is coming from

FroyoOficial(isaacata8Final) for um840 if i remenber well... you can downoload it here: http://www.mediafire...ukb5y1ppmhf7bsh

just unzip it and push it in system/etc/init.d reboot and test please...give feed back thx

edit:i know there is an app called sd card speed booster who is doing the same but that app is 125 ko...and the SDSPEED file is only 1ko you can change the value in the file if you want for better convenience/optimization...give feed back please

this init.d file is working with cm7.2 from pier11 and not working wiyh ONYX from twrock...can somebodey tell me why? and if there is a way to make it work on onyx rom? thx.

hope somebody can help: it look likes people are loosing interest about that forum...:mellow: since a few day...

Guest desalesouche

No ideas, sorry. Like I said, I don't know much about this rom because I don't use it. I used to get a lot of green screens, then the camera trouble. Both were not a problem with this latest build of Onyx. But no matter what else, CM7 just seems slow to me. Everything reacts slower than with CM6, so there are not enough advantages for me to run CM7 long enough to understand all of the problems.

But, I can say that I did not notice the trouble you are describing with Play Store search function. It worked fine for me. I never even tried the screenshot app, so I have no feedback on that.

Sorry, but I'm of no real help on this rom. But I hope you and others can get things figured out and fixed. Then maybe I can update to your fixed rom myself. ;)

everything is working fine and fast.i took out some apps i don't use.tweaked it a little.(still looking for better tweaks) :D thank you.

Guest twrock

Hi Twrock,

Can you open a new thread about Onyx ROM?

I think that it is better to review what problems or functionalities are without solution in your ROM (perhaps they are differents of Pier11 version)

And if it's possible (I know I ask a lot) a explanation about installation, functionality, etc... similar to Styx ROM (the first post)

Thanks

Ok, here it is:

But I will say again, I am not intending to do lot to support the Onyx mod. I don't use it and so I don't really know what is going on with it.

Guest Zeinynet

first of all .....i would like 2 thank u guys 4 these wonderful roms.........

after trying the latest edition........i realy liked it..........speed s perfect.....camera works just fine.....& it supports arabic language which s a huge boost.........

but kindly i have 2 problems& i guess they are related..........1st one s the wifi driver...sometimes it works just fine...sometimes it freezes completely with no connection....and it doesn't reconnect after sleep............2nd problem is the battery consumption.....with wifi it consumes the battery like hell....while i'm doin nothin(no downloading or browsing or video watching)..........thxx

Guest motoros666gep

Hi, i have JIT enabled but still get green screens from camera apps. I have used an old build (from january i think) for more then 2 months without green screens, but the newest build causes the camera app to start with a green screen, regardless that rotations are turned off everywhere. Anyway its a great rom, keep up the good work.

Guest zpower

Hello,

I've tried some roms but this is the best for me! :D

In the beginning I had some problems with settings but then it was all in place.

However, I still have an annoying problem.

When someone calls me, the number does not appear immediately. The phone rings but the screen goes black and after a few seconds it appears that the information on who is calling me.

Can I do anything about it?

I need help please! :unsure:

Sorry for my English.

Best wishes.

Guest dejavu-8

Hello! A wonderful firmware. But I got a green screen. He appears when you turn thescreen or when you start the camera. Can anything be done?

Ps sorry for my bad language

Edited by dejavu-8

Guest ashok2621

Hi

I tried installing this version. It works ok but i want to go back to official 2.1 or say 1.5 version.

I followedt the ultimate guide to revert back to official rom. I tried pressing "Volume up + red button" along with power on button.

First it shows my t-mobile screen, then very quickly it shows few white lines with black background and then comes the black screen with android written on it. Then it simply starts the phone in normal mode. It never shows the "Preparing update" screen.

I have already put the dload folder with required official version from that guide under root of sd card.

Please advice how to see that "Preparing update" screen to revert back to old official version.

best regards

ashok

Guest kuhlmann

Hello, thank you first for the great development of this old cell phone.

I installed it successfully.

The problem I have: It says so, it needs more memory and I have to install the official 2.1 update soll.Ich now the official German T-Mobile 2.1 update for Pulse installed, but have no more memory.

Sory for my German scool englisch. I hope u can help me

nice greetings from North westphalia (germany)

Guest desalesouche

Hello, thank you first for the great development of this old cell phone.

I installed it successfully.

The problem I have: It says so, it needs more memory and I have to install the official 2.1 update soll.Ich now the official German T-Mobile 2.1 update for Pulse installed, but have no more memory.

Sory for my German scool englisch. I hope u can help me

nice greetings from North westphalia (germany)

hi.did you try tre update? Edited by desalesouche