[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest bobalazs

This is the best rom out of 5 that i tried.

Only got one problem though, after a few hours, a green screen started showing up, and following that a reboot.

I concluded that the orientation sensor, causes the green screen for me, since moving the phone sideways causes greenscreen and reboot following that. Solved reboot by turning off rotation.

Did anybody come across an easy fix for this?

Edited by bobalazs

Guest felip3

This is the best rom out of 5 that i tried.

Only got one problem though, after a few hours, a green screen started showing up, and following that a reboot.

I concluded that the orientation sensor, causes the green screen for me, since moving the phone sideways causes greenscreen and reboot following that. Solved reboot by turning off rotation.

Did anybody come across an easy fix for this?

do you use complete gapps?, i had green screen issues when i had the minimalistic gapps

Guest CoCaGY

Hello ,,

i installed this rom to my pules and its soo Good but i have problem with some app called ( bobsled t-mobile ) or ( GrooVe IP )

when i run app after installing its shows message Force Close

is there any solution for This Error ???

Edited by CoCaGY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moorkai

- Use /system partition of not less than 110MB

Typing "df -h" in terminal shows that /system partition is exactly 110MB big. Is it good enough to flash this ROM?

Guest Freon35

Works excellent! No green screens - no FC, data2ext works like a charm.

Small compact, enough free RAM to work stable.

CORRECTION!

Old kernel - camera doesen't work!

Edited by Freon35

Camera will work if you follow this instructions http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/36985-camera/page__pid__326433#entry326433

I think you you will have to give the same permissions for the files you will copy as the files that are in Lib folder, at least i did this and it's working.

About kernel, yes it is old but this kernel do not have the bug of changing from a wifi spot to another wifi spot crashing the wifi in the phone until a reboot, this only happens in .32 kernel if you have wifi always on.

I did not find any place with the changes that have been done in this cyanogenmod versions, if some one find please let me know.

Guest bobalazs

Could someone answer me please? I wouldn't like to brick my phone just like that.

". It is 106MB in system size. "

Therefore your 110 MB should be sufficient.

Guest twrock

Could someone answer me please? I wouldn't like to brick my phone just like that.

And you won't "brick" your phone even if it is too big for the partition. You just won't have it working right. But you can always restore your previous backup and be right back to what you had before you tried to install this rom. (You did make a backup, didn't you?) ;)

Guest moorkai

". It is 106MB in system size. "

Therefore your 110 MB should be sufficient.

And you won't "brick" your phone even if it is too big for the partition. You just won't have it working right. But you can always restore your previous backup and be right back to what you had before you tried to install this rom. (You did make a backup, didn't you?)

Thank you guys. No matter what I always do a backup (both TB and NANDroid) prior to flashing a new ROM just in case something goes wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nseries

Hi everyone,

May i know does this custom rom really works on Huawei U8230 device? I only see mostly users are using 8220 device. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tygroo

Hi,

Hi everyone,

May i know does this custom rom really works on Huawei U8230 device? I only see mostly users are using 8220 device. Thanks

I have a U3230.

I flashed with the rom "TRE".

I regularly install over the nightly build of Cyanogen and it works very well (without the camera at the beginning so I use this patch as I did: see attach file).

Good luck.

Patch_Camera.zip

Edited by tygroo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James Kei

Hi!!

I can't download cm7.2 file from mediafire. Can someone please post another link on another server?

Got it Kernel 2.6.32 !

tried on phone download it. easlier.

thanks

James

Edited by James Kei

Guest James Kei

Hi,

I have a U3230.

I flashed with the rom "TRE".

I regularly install over the nightly build of Cyanogen and it works very well (without the camera at the beginning so I use this patch as I did: see attach file).

Good luck.

Thanks million, This camera patch works for lastest NIGHTY ROM CM7.2

I just installed the rom and every is great, very fast and stable, but the freaking wifi does not work! I activate the wifi, no networks appear and it turns off the wifi by itself! What seems to be the problem?

Edited by apoka

I just installed the rom and every is great, very fast and stable, but the freaking wifi does not work! I activate the wifi, no networks appear and it turns off the wifi by itself! What seems to be the problem?

Did you use the app setmacaddress? You should not use this app in .32 kernel, If you did not use, probably you miss some other step.