[ROM] {26/01} | Oodie Prime - Miui 4 (ICS 4.0.3) Alpha 1 Launched !

Guest Oodie

I've Got the rom to a Stable Alpha stage . Now you can try out with confidence smile.gif

Miui 4 Alpha 1 .

This is based on FXP CM9 & will be improved when fxp improves . You can try this to see what MIUI 4 looks like & what features it includes .

Please remember that like FXP cm9 , MIUI 4 is also @ Alpha stage . There is no stable release & the only release is for Nexus S . So it may take very long time to get this stable for daily use .

My goal was to get my buddies , the first MIUI 4 for X10 & I've succeeded to get it boot & you can play around a little to feel this . I'll keep on working on this , since Prime X most probably be final . Please don't blame me for bugs .

primeicsresize.jpg

-(screenshots are not mine . I stole it from sinmiui thread . Thanks to saosin )-

Installation steps .

1. Download the FXP ICS kernel - From here -

2. Download the rom from here - Download -

3. Flash the kernel via Flashtool & Flash the rom from recovery ( Do a full wipe before flashing )

4. Reboot . Reboot will take a long time . Please wait . In the first boot Go to security settings & enable Superuser permissions .

5. After boot . please give it some time to settle & reboot again . ( remember to enable USB debugging from developer options menu )

6. Try out the rom . & Give me detailed reports smile.gif

Not working .

Mobile Data

Camera

Usb tether

usb mount ( UMS app included & with su permission it works well )

Working

GSM

Phone

Messaging

Wifi

Bluetooth ( should work )

Wifi tether ( with given app )

Superuser Permissions

Music

GPS

Credits :

FXP Team - For everything , everything & everything They've given us & giving us to feel still alive .

Spaarc , Cobrato , Doomlord , crowds & all helped me & all are with me .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't Post useless things . Only post what will give me more to improve this & also your experiments that worked to get some bugs solved . Thankyou .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Oodie

Changelog . Alpha 1

* Phone & Messaging fixed .

* Superuser working . ( Miui Security app )

* Sound settings FC fixed .

* Wifi working .

* Wlod fixed when entering rom manager or the browser .

* Market downloads work fine .

* Gps OK

* Music works well with FX on .

* Contacts work fine .

* Added Nofrills cpu manager & CPUspy for user convenience .

* Graphically cool installation procedure wink.gif

Apart from the lags , I can say that this version is pretty stable after the first boot & settling down for few hours . I tried Go launcher with it & the lag is almost gone with using it . Try some other things & let me know smile.gif

Good to see your MIUI 4 thread here on Modaco, Ooodie. I can't post on XDA because of the 10-posts-restriction.

My problem with the ROM is that it says "no service" all the time and doesn't ask for the SIM number. There is just no prompt screen for it on the first boot and after every single reboot. The first thing I see on [re]boot is the UMS app telling me that the USB is not connected. I close it with the "BACK" button, then comes the MIUI Security app asking me to activate it in the Settings. After activating it I close it with the "BACK" button again. After that it jumps instantly to the home screen and shows no signal icon in the status bar.

I'm using your ROMs since Prime 7 and havn't had any problems like this one. The launcher, as you said, is very laggy (it's ok, is an alpha), but everything else feels very smooth for an alpha. Especially the settings menus seem to be a bit smoother than in Prime X.

Sorry, I had not much time to test anything else, had to restore Prime X as soon as possible. But if you have any suggestion about the SIM card problem I could find a minute or two and flash the ROM again ;)

Good to see your MIUI 4 thread here on Modaco, Ooodie. I can't post on XDA because of the 10-posts-restriction.

My problem with the ROM is that it says "no service" all the time and doesn't ask for the SIM number. There is just no prompt screen for it on the first boot and after every single reboot. The first thing I see on [re]boot is the UMS app telling me that the USB is not connected. I close it with the "BACK" button, then comes the MIUI Security app asking me to activate it in the Settings. After activating it I close it with the "BACK" button again. After that it jumps instantly to the home screen and shows no signal icon in the status bar.

I'm using your ROMs since Prime 7 and havn't had any problems like this one. The launcher, as you said, is very laggy (it's ok, is an alpha), but everything else feels very smooth for an alpha. Especially the settings menus seem to be a bit smoother than in Prime X.

Sorry, I had not much time to test anything else, had to restore Prime X as soon as possible. But if you have any suggestion about the SIM card problem I could find a minute or two and flash the ROM again ;)

GSM signal works fine for me . & in anyrom there wasn't a sim number prompt for me . maybe its your service provider & miui 4 still doesn't support it . Let's wait for upcoming releases & see if its been solved . & Thanks for your review :)

Guest 9Lukas5

You have to flash any 2.3 rom, remove the simpin and then flash ics again. Then you'll get a signal.