Tablet advice pls :)

Guest gtachorley

Guest gtachorley

Hi all.

Basically need some help from you knowledgable peeps!

My friends HD7 Windows phone packed up so he wanted to get a new phone and a tablet for work and as a big Android fan I suggested a ZTE Skate/OMC and an android tablet, as I have had a ZTE Blade and Skate and really found them easy to play with and good value .

He has gone and bought himself a Arnova 9 G2 tablet (£180), it is awful and there dont seem to be any decent roms you can run on it to improve it. It doesnt include Android market it has something called Appslib which is no good and you can't install normal App Market via this (it claims you can but will not do on his). So he is taking it back and wants me to help him pick a different one.

I wanted him to get a ZTE V11 tab as they look good and being ZTE will probably not be too expensive, but I cannot for the life of me find one for sale in the UK?? So does anyone have any ideas for a decent budget (£150-£200) android tab which is easily rooted and has custom roms available? He mainly wants to run an app which will allow him to take some kind of register (for students at schools) and to be able to sync with his hotmail calender?

Cheers for any help

Rory

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tekkaro

The best buy for your money is at the moment the Easypad 970 or Cube U9GT 2 or Visture V2. They are exactly the same and share Firmwares. Those Tablets are medium fast, have a very good screen (IPS) and got several ROMs, e.g. functional Android 4.0.3. Which Model to prefer depends on where you live and therefore which Model is available to buy.

Its like the Arnova 9 G2 but just better

Forum: Link1-XDA, Link2-XDA, Link3-slatedroid, Link4-android-hilfe (you may use google translate)