[CANCELED] CyanogenMod 9 | BETA 014 | TripNRaVeR | UNOFFICIAL

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Joel lock

Lol, hey Im just wondering, geez, like I said I didnt see anyone mention it....Funny way to respond tho sorry if this has been answered :unsure:

there is a temporary fix which you need to do it manually by sliding a headset widget..it is somewhere on here or just download one from the market

Guest nastynick6

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :) To answer your question, I don't believe the headphone issue was fixed...I haven't read anything at least.

EDIT: The next post says otherwise. Going to try testing myself.

Lol right on thanks

Guest nastynick6

Yeah, I have the H in the status bar fixed. Very easy fix. It's not an important issue, I know, but it was bugging me and I already knew how to fix it.

If it's OK with Trip, I can post the modified systemUI.apk that will get it working properly.

Anyway you can post that SystemUI.apk? :D

Guest cujoblue

I know most users can do without but could any provide SystemUI.apk for on screen buttons.. I fell in love with them on trips older build and I would like to have them for this one... thanks in advance

For my Sensation headphones do not work. The audio still plays through speakers. Would be thankful if someone could tell me how to fix this :)

Edited by Sam_m

Guest vorBeth

vorbeth, work with trip:)

Would love to, however Trip won't share sources, so it makes it a little hard.

Also compiling CyanogenMod on my laptop takes about 24 hours a time wacko.gif

I am now syncing the source again though, I'm going to work on the Camera some more.

Guest Cyberdan3

I flashed the GPS kernal fix but still don't have working GPS. It shows 11 satellites under the GPS app but doesn't lock on or show an accuracy. When I go to maps it shows that I am over 2 blocks away.... am I doing something wrong or is this also not working for other people?

Fyi, when I installed the ROM, I did a full wipe of both caches and fixed permissions...

Guest zomgbugs

I flashed the GPS kernal fix but still don't have working GPS. It shows 11 satellites under the GPS app but doesn't lock on or show an accuracy. When I go to maps it shows that I am over 2 blocks away.... am I doing something wrong or is this also not working for other people?

Fyi, when I installed the ROM, I did a full wipe of both caches and fixed permissions...

i have the same problem. the icon shows up, says it's searching, but GPS Status shows no satellites found and maps/navigation can't find me

:(

Guest Xanderdad

Anyone have a link to a flashable stock kernel for this ROM? I am still getting random reboots and lag with this updated kernel and I'd like to revert back without having to reflash the ROM which will wipe my data.

Thanks

Guest vorBeth

i have the same problem. the icon shows up, says it's searching, but GPS Status shows no satellites found and maps/navigation can't find me

:(

I will be looking into this, I'm in a bad GPS area, so not getting a lock is normal here for me.

It's a step closer than before though, so it's something.

I'm also going to try making my own /device tree so I can better implement fixes, patching apk's can cause more issues than it fixes.

Guest vorBeth

Anyone have a link to a flashable stock kernel for this ROM? I am still getting random reboots and lag with this updated kernel and I'd like to revert back without having to reflash the ROM which will wipe my data.

Thanks

Try the TripBastian kernel:

Failing that your going to have to head over to XDA and grab a kernel from there.

Guest not4sakn

Just wanted to say that this ROM is great. I've tried several ICS Roms with Sense over at XDA from some of the top devs in that group and none of them run as smoothly as this one and this is still a "beta".

Has anyone noticed an issue with scrolling? Apparently this is an issue with a few ICS ROMS. It seems to stick and not scroll smoothly when swiping through contacts or a web page for instance.

I've had 1 or 2 random reboots but otherwise this is pretty solid. Others I tried in the past were even considered "stable" and in my opinion were far from. To me a daily driver is one that functions like it should without freezing, lagging, browser crashes, dropping signal, etc...So far Im impressed and am eager to see a stable version of this released.

Guest anurbanlegend

Thanks Trip and vorBeth for getting this thing working so smooth. The only issue I have is that netflix and zumocast don't stream video. Any know fixes? Thanks again!

Guest dextroz
Not sure if this is just CM9 but my Sensation is running pretty warm. Anyone else experience this? Kernel issue maybe?
I have the exact same experience. I used SysTune and it shows that both one core is always at 90% peak utilization no matter what, while the other hovers at peak ~70% of the time. This is affecting rapid battery drain.I am also using SysTune to keep the ROM in on Demand mode. I've tried all modes and they all have the same peak utilization problem.The ROM overall is reasonably stable with occasional reboots.

Edit:

I found out it was a combination of wifi calling zip and Trip's kernel that was causing the wifi calling Kineto service to go crazy.

So much for Android keeping a track and control of abusive services.

In my experience Wifi calling does not work with Sebastian's kernel either that was linked a few posts above.

Edited by dextroz

Thanks Trip and vorBeth for getting this thing working so smooth. The only issue I have is that netflix and zumocast don't stream video. Any know fixes? Thanks again!

I don't think they are updated for ICS

Guest anurbanlegend

I don't think they are updated for ICS

Thanks but Netflix works on CM9 on my nook and other ICS roms. Hope we get a fix need streaming for my commute lol.

Edited by anurbanlegend

Guest dextroz

I have the exact same problem, yo!

In fact, there are now so many things to flash - ROM, Crisp kernel, GAAPS, WIFI fix, Camera resolution flash, Crisp kernel modified for GPS, I think Trip needs to bake some of these fixes into his ROM so that we don't report false negatives between all these patch-fixes.

Guest anurbanlegend

I have the exact same problem, yo!

In fact, there are now so many things to flash - ROM, Crisp kernel, GAAPS, WIFI fix, Camera resolution flash, Crisp kernel modified for GPS, I think Trip needs to bake some of these fixes into his ROM so that we don't report false negatives between all these patch-fixes.

I was having the same problem but loaded 'fasterfix' from the market and set to north america ntp. Reboot, then use 'GPS Status and Tools' to clear agps data and redownload and then my gps now locks on.

Is there a way to get the CM music player in this Rom? I've installed it, pushed it to system/app, fixed permissions. It opens fine and I can see my music. Everything looks good except when I try to play something it Fc's