[CANCELED] CyanogenMod 9 | BETA 014 | TripNRaVeR | UNOFFICIAL

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Strange that people get random reboots because i dont have any.. but i use hardly any apps tough

From now on if you post random reboot then post exactly what you where doing otherwise i dont see it as a relevant bug and therefore i'm ignoring it.

I'm more then willing to solve it but without logcat included i place it on the bottom of my buglist, when you include logcat it will be placed on top.

Guest not4sakn

I had my phone is my case on my side and went I removed it to make a phone call my phone was stuck on the "cyanogenmod" boot screen just looping. I had to pull my battery in order to get it to load. This new release completely drained my battery from 100% to dead in 5 hours with no usage at all. It was also overheating, an issue I never had with the first 001 release.

Is there anyway you can put the original beta001 back up and let me flash it? I swear it has something to do with the kernel or gps mod because I never had issues without that being installed. My phone ran fine with the exception of gps working.

Guest -JuAnItO-

Trip .. example: if i get random reboot from Appbrain..then after the reboot i launch Appbrain i get random reboot again :(

and if my mobile data enabled and my screen if off my sensation shutdown him self

Guest down4life

I told this before, I don't use much apps, calendar sync etc. And don't have stability issue, rom is quite fast, for me camera is OK, wifi works, and mail. Only use dropbix and explorer, and have no problems with them. Maybe I will, but for now, I'm tracking battery.

Did use superwipe script before install.

Guest down4life

you must have downloaded a different rom than me lol

try using untill it reaches 14% then plug the charger in turn the screen off and see if you can turn it back on......you will probably need a battery pull.

gapps has definately got problems on this, the one on the rom doesnt sync the calendar and there is no

option in settings to manually sync it, and maps has the occasional crash. you have to flash another gapps, as stated earlier in this thread. gapps_ics_4.0.3_v8

also ive flashed this kernel TripNiCE_CRISP_kernel_001-TripNRaVeR as suggested earlier in this thread.

hope it goes better now

Hehehe ;) well I won't lie, but for me things are ok, didn't install gapps either or kernel, i use one that came with rom. I didnt have any calls, so maybe ill have reboot :)

Guest K1UTCh809

Strange that people get random reboots because i dont have any.. but i use hardly any apps tough

From now on if you post random reboot then post exactly what you where doing otherwise i dont see it as a relevant bug and therefore i'm ignoring it.

I'm more then willing to solve it but without logcat included i place it on the bottom of my buglist, when you include logcat it will be placed on top.

well @ first i had random reboots but now everything is calmed down so as right now no issues so far only thing u forgot the H or 4G icon i again n nice running around 1.5GHz not bad

post-952633-0-29193900-1328474784_thumb.

Guest mangurrino78

Maybe the firmware version can cause random freeze and reboots. Which version have you installed on your phone? I also have this issue on mine:(

Is the full wipe needed if I already have Trip CM9 Beta 001???

It will wipe for you. I tried flashing over top of b001 and there seems to be a script that wipes before the rom installs

I have had no reboots, batt good so far, phone running cooler,gps, wifi working, only thing I have noticed is mike not connecting with voice search (audio problem), worked in beta 001

apart from Bluetooth, everything going fine, screen resoulution good.For those with sound to loud?, try music volume eq from the market works ok, hope this is helpfull.

Edited by markgs

Guest Flash Addict

does this rom required to have the 3.24 firmware or 3.12 work on this?

Not sure about 3.12 as I'm using the 3.24 firmware. Rom installed without issue and is running smoothly. Either way, why don't you go ahead and upgrade?

Most of the time the reboots happen when opening an email from status bar while on the lock screen. Maybe if you try this you will run into it. Using a different kernel now seems to stop the issue.

All of your recent builds are simply too unstable..

1) have you considered actually testing the build before releasing it? browser a few webpages, play a few videos, some music, download some popular apps from market and take a few photos is an example of a simple test.

2) instead of having 3 different roms which all have pretty much the same base, why not just focus on one rom and perfect it?

AOSP build was abanded with full of bugs? CM9/MIUI super unstable with constant reboots from as simple as running the browser after a fresh install.

Guest fr0zenblood75

For anyone having random reboots, use Sebastian's kernel. I was having constant reboots before. Haven't had one since switching kernels

What firmware are you on?

Guest lilhugo

For anyone having random reboots, use Sebastian's kernel. I was having constant reboots before. Haven't had one since switching kernels

Hm... I'm having bootloop with both 3.25 and 3.24, which one are you using?

Edited by lilhugo

Guest not4sakn

Finally got the reboots to end by flashing sebastians 1.5ghz kernel. I knew it was kernel related because I never had reboot issues with beta 001 included kernel. It wasn't until I flashed the zip provided by vorbeth that my phone started acting up. For some reason my phone wigged out with that kernel/zip he provided which is now prepackaged in 002.

Either way, its fixed now. Thanks for the great rom.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Tonight i will recompile the rom to match up the latest HTC kernel from the 3.25 rom. From now on all my releases will be on the stock 3.0 kernel untill kernel sources are released or i fixed up overlay and overlay writeback into my kernel.

Rom will also be recompiled with Cortex A9 optimisations

Guest down4life
Tonight i will recompile the rom to match up the latest HTC kernel from the 3.25 rom. From now on all my releases will be on the stock 3.0 kernel untill kernel sources are released or i fixed up overlay and overlay writeback into my kernel.

Rom will also be recompiled with Cortex A9 optimisations

great news trip!