Help required to Disable vibrate on call connect Idea ZTE Blade (India)

Guest sangajoute1

Guest sangajoute1

Hi,

I have purchased an Idea Blade a few days back as my first Android phone and installed custom ROMs (voiding the warranty and without making stock ROM backup :P). The first custom ROM I installed was CM 7.1.0, which worked like charm except for the camera. I could not fix the camera with the patch provided by Burstlam, so I'm assuming that the phone's hardware is from China.

I read on someone's post that the camera works with CM 7.0.3, so I installed it and still the camera did not work and later on the touch even stopped working. As a final solution I installed M - MHMP RLS9 with the Malaysian stock kernel and everything works without any problem.

I then found that unlike in CM7 there was no option to turn off the vibration on call connect in M - MHMP. I kept on searching the forum for a solution for the past 2 days without any luck. So, as a last resort I'm posting this thread so that someone can provide help in removing / disabling the vibration on call connect as I personally find it very annoying.

I also would like to know, why is my phone's ROM only 162.5 MB (Free = 94.14 MB) with RAM as 167.7 MB (Free = 47.07 MB) when the Idea Blade user manual says it to be ROM = 512 MB and RAM = 256 MB????

Thank you all in advance.

Hi,

I have purchased an Idea Blade a few days back as my first Android phone and installed custom ROMs (voiding the warranty and without making stock ROM backup :P). The first custom ROM I installed was CM 7.1.0, which worked like charm except for the camera. I could not fix the camera with the patch provided by Burstlam, so I'm assuming that the phone's hardware is from China.

I read on someone's post that the camera works with CM 7.0.3, so I installed it and still the camera did not work and later on the touch even stopped working. As a final solution I installed M - MHMP RLS9 with the Malaysian stock kernel and everything works without any problem.

I then found that unlike in CM7 there was no option to turn off the vibration on call connect in M - MHMP. I kept on searching the forum for a solution for the past 2 days without any luck. So, as a last resort I'm posting this thread so that someone can provide help in removing / disabling the vibration on call connect as I personally find it very annoying.

I also would like to know, why is my phone's ROM only 162.5 MB (Free = 94.14 MB) with RAM as 167.7 MB (Free = 47.07 MB) when the Idea Blade user manual says it to be ROM = 512 MB and RAM = 256 MB????

Thank you all in advance.

I am also using MMHMP with Swedish stock kernel on my idea blade and everything is working fine. if you meant to disable vibration just go to settings then sound and vibration to never. tried on mine and works ok.

The idea blade has 256mb ram, 512mb rom and 160mb phone memory. Some of the ram is reserved by system hence low memory. 160mb u found is phone memory and not rom which is reserved for os files.

you can also post to the developer's thread if the problem is not solved

Guest sangajoute1

I am also using MMHMP with Swedish stock kernel on my idea blade and everything is working fine. if you meant to disable vibration just go to settings then sound and vibration to never. tried on mine and works ok.

The idea blade has 256mb ram, 512mb rom and 160mb phone memory. Some of the ram is reserved by system hence low memory. 160mb u found is phone memory and not rom which is reserved for os files.

you can also post to the developer's thread if the problem is not solved http://android.modac...s9-android-235/

HI Jerrin,

What I meant by vibration is that every time an incoming / outgoing call is answered the phone vibrates to let us know that the call has been connected. I would like to know how to disable this feature in Android. As I've mentioned before CM7 has a feature to disable it, but unfortunately my camera wont work in CM7. Putting the vibrate settings to "Never" does not disable this feature. I've tried it.

Thanks