freaking Bytel Rom

Guest rajoni

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I would really appreciate any help someone could give.

I bought very cheap (15 euros) this phone with broken USB (charging fine but USB CANNOT be fixed). The ROM installed is from Bytel, version V100R001C101B282SP03. That is Android 1.5 (cupcake).

I have tried over 12 official updates (from U8220 and U8230) and it doesn't update and log in the dload folder shows everytime this:

**** SD download log ****

Failure: OEMSBL version unmatched.

Failure: operation did not succeed.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed

So, if I could root it somehow I know that I could install via Rom manager custom recovery image and thereby resized custom rom, but I don't have a clue how to root it without an USB since z4root cannot be installed on this 1.5 android rom. Universal Androot is not working as well.

Anybody, please, any suggestions? I'll hate myself if I end up with this urban phone and android 1.5 on it.

Rajoni

Edit - Time machine aka reset dload not working as well. I have tried 3 different versions of it.

Edited by rajoni

Guest Basher52

Did you opened the phone? USB got 4 Lanes. Left and right outside carry the power (which are working fine at yours) und the both in the middle carry data via USB.

Maybe the solderingpoints got damaged by falling or falling while connected to the charger. If something like this happend, just heating up the solderpoints could fix your phone.

Did you opened the phone? USB got 4 Lanes. Left and right outside carry the power (which are working fine at yours) und the both in the middle carry data via USB.

Maybe the solderingpoints got damaged by falling or falling while connected to the charger. If something like this happend, just heating up the solderpoints could fix your phone.

Yes, I did that. 2 middle pins are completely broken. I took it to the repair shop and they were afraid to try to fix it because they didn't want to mess up the charging pins.

Thanks anyway.

Guest deadphill

How hard would it be to solder a new connector onto it. I don't think its that different is it?

Anyone who has had their phone apart able to help?

Cheers

Phill

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I would really appreciate any help someone could give.

I bought very cheap (15 euros) this phone with broken USB (charging fine but USB CANNOT be fixed). The ROM installed is from Bytel, version V100R001C101B282SP03. That is Android 1.5 (cupcake).

I have tried over 12 official updates (from U8220 and U8230) and it doesn't update and log in the dload folder shows everytime this:

**** SD download log ****

Failure: OEMSBL version unmatched.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed

So, if I could root it somehow I know that I could install via Rom manager custom recovery image and thereby resized custom rom, but I don't have a clue how to root it without an USB since z4root cannot be installed on this 1.5 android rom. Universal Androot is not working as well.

Anybody, please, any suggestions? I'll hate myself if I end up with this urban phone and android 1.5 on it.

Rajoni

Edit - Time machine aka reset dload not working as well. I have tried 3 different versions of it.

First, you need to be sure you have a Huawei U8220 (aka Pulse). If so, then continue.

You need to first understand that the "time machine" is not a complete rom. So its only purpose is to allow you to install some other official rom. If your phone didn't work before you flashed the time machine, it still won't work after you flash the time machine. You still have a bad rom. Ok, so if you understand that, then continue.

The basic steps you need to try are:

1. flash "time machine" one more time (no need to boot after it is done; just pull the battery and SD card and go on to #2)

2. delete that /dload folder from the SD card and replace it with a 2.1 official update (I suggest the Tre rom); flash that official update

3. boot the new rom, and install z4root; run z4root and make root permanent (reboot needed)

4. install CW RomManager (I think you will need to find an old version such as 4.0.8.5; if you don't have it, you can get it out of the FTB rom I modified; you will find it in the /data/app folder after you unzip the rom file)

5. Use RomManager to install CW Recovery

6. Once you have CW Recovery, you can then install custom roms

Yeah, that's a lot of work, but if you carefully follow those steps, you just might get it to work. No promises from me though. There's a lot that can go wrong.

Good luck.

First, you need to be sure you have a Huawei U8220 (aka Pulse). If so, then continue.

You need to first understand that the "time machine" is not a complete rom. So its only purpose is to allow you to install some other official rom. If your phone didn't work before you flashed the time machine, it still won't work after you flash the time machine. You still have a bad rom. Ok, so if you understand that, then continue.

The basic steps you need to try are:

1. flash "time machine" one more time (no need to boot after it is done; just pull the battery and SD card and go on to #2)

2. delete that /dload folder from the SD card and replace it with a 2.1 official update (I suggest the Tre rom); flash that official update

3. boot the new rom, and install z4root; run z4root and make root permanent (reboot needed)

4. install CW RomManager (I think you will need to find an old version such as 4.0.8.5; if you don't have it, you can get it out of the FTB rom I modified; you will find it in the /data/app folder after you unzip the rom file)

5. Use RomManager to install CW Recovery

6. Once you have CW Recovery, you can then install custom roms

Yeah, that's a lot of work, but if you carefully follow those steps, you just might get it to work. No promises from me though. There's a lot that can go wrong.

Good luck.

Hi Twrock.

Yes. Huawei u8220, but every 'time machine' says 'update failed', it doesn't complete. Tried with 3 different versions of it.

Ok. So I opened the phone and found five (5) lanes - pins. The outer ones are connected and they are for charging the phone, but which two from the middle carry the USB connection, since there are 3 of them left?

Thanks Pier for the images, but no avail. No USB connection. Damage is to big.

I just hope that there is somewhere an app just like z4root that will work on this rom.

Thank you guys, and if anyone bumps into such application, please let me know.

Rajoni

OMG I did it. I am now bytel free :D After extensive search I bumped into a time machine that works on the bytel rom and I could successfully install any official rom I can think of, and any custom rom as well.

First I installed time machine and then reset dload and after that I was able to install every official rom.

Here are the files. Extract, put dload on sd, red + vol up + power. Repeat that with the second one and again with the official an VOILA :D

Time Machine.zip

Reset Dload.zip