[ROM] CM6-clean for development / testing

Guest dr.flo

You may want to try this libloc_api.so

It is a candidate for fixing gps icon bug within gps driver itself. Should work on TXG as well. Since this originates from the gps driver that previously caused reboots when switching gps off/on, we also should verify that we do not introduce this "old" bug again.

Excellent! I'm using it in this rom (Stable). So far so good.

Looks like yet another bug has met its match. Great work!

I'm still working on trying to reproduce the loss of sound when making a call. So far, nothing to report.

Edited by twrock

Guest mustafa_ale

Dr. flo

How to make front camera available in this ROM?

i just tried replace *.camera libs UM840 to this ROM, and replaced camera.apk into system, adding text into build.prop :

ro.config.hwcameraset=2

ro.config.hwfeature_slavecamera=yes

there's menu front camera avaliable but crash when to switch on

Edited by mustafa_ale

Dr. flo

How to make front camera available in this ROM?

i just tried replace *.camera libs UM840 to this ROM, and replaced camera.apk into system, adding text into build.prop :

ro.config.hwcameraset=2

ro.config.hwfeature_slavecamera=yes

there's menu front camera avaliable but crash when to switch on

I tried that long ago - see here. It is not possible unless you find out what other files need to be replaced. It seems to miss classes inside java framework. Those cannot be exchanged as far as I know (because it is not a simple .so file - it is inside android framework itself).

You can access the front camera in cm6 using adb shell with that trick. This would have to be done every time you switch cameras. One could write shell scripts to automate this task. There is a market app that allows you to execute shell scrips with a few clicks on the UI, so once this is set up, it would be a relatively simple solution.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest mustafa_ale

I tried that long ago - see here. It is not possible unless you find out what other files need to be replaced. It seems to miss classes inside java framework. Those cannot be exchanged as far as I know (because it is not a simple .so file - it is inside android framework itself).

You can access the front camera in cm6 using adb shell with that trick. This would have to be done every time you switch cameras. One could write shell scripts to automate this task. There is a market app that allows you to execute shell scrips with a few clicks on the UI, so once this is set up, it would be a relatively simple solution.

sorry, i did not read in detail the prev posting :D

Dr.flo, any possibility of getting the front camera working in this rom as well?

The answer to this is twofold

Using the same means as on um840 rom: most likely no. It requieres vendor specific stuff inside the android framework to be added.

Corresponding error is

W/System.err( 1604): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: android.hardware.CameraSlave

We (or I) don't know what needs to be added, nor where and how to do that. From my understanding this is not something missing inside a lib but inside of some java part. I might be wrong though.

In addition the string "ro.config.hwfeature_slavecamera" is found in libopencore_author.so of um840. Therefore it might be needed to exchange this lib in addition - but it will prevent booting when plugged into cm6.

You can however easily access front camera when you do this - it is really simple. Anybody with some basic linux experience can write a shell script that does the steps required. I wonder why no one did that yet. People really are too lazy...

The script only needs to

• go into /dev/msm_camera
  • check if msm_camera0 and msm_camera1 are still present (virgin situation)
  • if so, rename them to something else, like back_cam and front_cam
  • then symlink the desired camera (msm_camera0 = back facing, mam_camera1 = front facing) to msm_camera0, since only that one is accessed by camera app

basically the script would look like what I posted. It should just be a little smarter (e.g. automatically check if we are still in virgin situation or not, because renaming of original devices should only be done once - per boot). On any further execution, the script should just swap cameras (i.e. check where msm_camera0 symlink points to, remove symlink, create new symlink pointing to the other device).

Then install GScript Lite and put a link to that script onto the home screen. A simple click would now be enough to toggle between front and back facing camera.

Edited by dr.flo

You can however easily access front camera when you do this - it is really simple. Anybody with some basic linux experience can write a shell script that does the steps required. I wonder why no one did that yet. People really are too lazy...

:lol: Easy for you to say. :P

(Hmm, now where did I put that "Hacking Linux" book?)

:lol: Easy for you to say. :P

(Hmm, now where did I put that "Hacking Linux" book?)

I'm no linux expert either. For many things regarding linux I know what can be done, but I do not know how. For example I know what a symlink is and how to create one. But I'm not familiar with shell script syntax.

the cam toggle logic would be like this

if msm_camera0 is a symlink

then

{

# this is the case for 2nd and every further execution of the script

find out to what cam it points

change symlink to point to other cam

}

else

{

# no symlink - this is the case after boot, now back cam is active

rename devices initially

set symlink to front cam

}

I know all this can be done but I would have to google the commands myself. As I do not desperatly need front cam, I didn't do it yet.

I'm no linux expert either.

As I do not desperatly need front cam, I didn't do it yet.

Trust me, I know so much less about all of this than you that it's laughable. Symlink? Yeah, I see the word being used by those really smart guys. I just hope they get it all sorted so I can start in on the easy mod stuff. ;)

But I'm exactly with you on that last sentence. I have never used the front camera beyond turning it on to test if it worked. I thought maybe since you had solved it in the other Froyo rom, you would be able to use that fix here. (Shows again what I don't know.) And I didn't want to consider modifying this rom if you were still working on it.

It really is a nice rom. I definitely prefer it to the UM840 rom. If I'm going to move on from FTB, I want a Froyo rom with all the CM goodies. Tough decision though, there's always trade-offs.

Trust me, I know so much less about all of this than you that it's laughable. Symlink? Yeah, I see the word being used by those really smart guys. I just hope they get it all sorted so I can start in on the easy mod stuff. ;)

ok ok you've convinced me ;)

I will look into it and prepare some script....

What remaining issues are there with this rom now? Have you tried the gps lib - I don't remember...

I think the last remaining issue in this rom is the front camera. Oh, I just remembered that I felt this sound while making a call has always been lower than it should be at max volume. Maybe others can give an opinion on that.

I think the last remaining issue in this rom is the front camera. Oh, I just remembered that I felt this sound while making a call has always been lower than it should be at max volume. Maybe others can give an opinion on that.

build.prop maybe?

build.prop maybe?

Not that I am aware of.

You know what would be great? If there was a really complete wiki with all the possible build.prop commands and and explanation of what they meant.

hey,

150hrs running first version without any problems, had a Market force when wanted to update all.

Really like this rom so far :)

I completely agree. This is a rock solid rom. (I'm running the "stable" version.) Now with the script to switch to the front camera (which I didn't use anyway), this is quite complete and has solved almost every issue remaining in roms based on Tom's port. (This rom is definitely better than TXG.)

I'm still trying to test battery life, but I keep messing around too much with the phone and never seeing the "normal daily use" comparison. But I'm getting the feeling that it has fairly good battery life as well.

Thanks again dr.flo.

Guest desalesouche

for those who wanna oc cm6 clean

cm6_oc_750_signed.zip (2.43MB)

i advice you to install first set cpu

then you install cm6 oc zip....reboot and then you can choose your oc with set cpu...

i cannoĀ²t run cpu @t 750 it make my phone freeze...but i can run cpu @t 729...that is why i have to proceed that way...

EDIT:

THIS ZIP SEEM NOT TO WORK WELL WITH CM6 CLEAN I STOP USING THAT OC ZIP.....

if somebody can make a working oc zip for cm6 clean?

Edited by desalesouche

I completely agree. This is a rock solid rom. (I'm running the "stable" version.) Now with the script to switch to the front camera (which I didn't use anyway), this is quite complete and has solved almost every issue remaining in roms based on Tom's port. (This rom is definitely better than TXG.)

Glad to hear that :)

Maybe some comparison between the branch froyo and froyo-stable should also be done. Don't be misleaded by the name "stable". It is in fact based on older sources. Branch froyo might have brought benefits after official cm6.1.1 release. It just was never released as official cm6.2 because at that time, we had cm7.x already.

hzf seems to run branch froyo (first version).

Glad to hear that :)

Maybe some comparison between the branch froyo and froyo-stable should also be done. Don't be misleaded by the name "stable". It is in fact based on older sources. Branch froyo might have brought benefits after official cm6.1.1 release. It just was never released as official cm6.2 because at that time, we had cm7.x already.

hzf seems to run branch froyo (first version).

I had a little time tonight, so I modified branch froyo slightly (mostly to update apps, add gapps, and add OC boot.img) and installed it. I'll test over the next few days and see if I bump into any problems.

Great rom! "It just works." B)

Edit: the rom just works, but there is something wrong with the OC boot.img I tries to use. See below.

Edited by twrock

for those who wanna oc cm6 clean

cm6_oc_750_signed.zip (2.43MB)

i advice you to install first set cpu

then you install cm6 oc zip....reboot and then you can choose your oc with set cpu...

i cannoĀ²t run cpu @t 750 it make my phone freeze...but i can run cpu @t 729...that is why i have to proceed that way...

EDIT:

THIS ZIP SEEM NOT TO WORK WELL WITH CM6 CLEAN I STOP USING THAT OC ZIP.....

if somebody can make a working oc zip for cm6 clean?

Try this. I'be been using it with this froyo-stable rom (6.1.1). 691 max speed, but 528 default.

TXG691-528bootimg.zip

Edit: WARNING- in testing, this boot.img does not seem to work correctly with the "branch froyo", CM6.2.0 RC0. I have only verified it works with the stable branch (6.1.1).

Edited by twrock

I had a little time tonight, so I modified branch froyo slightly (mostly to update apps, add gapps, and add OC boot.img) and installed it. I'll test over the next few days and see if I bump into any problems.

That's good. I can't influence which version you prefer but basicly I have a tendency to go with the newer source version - if it does not turn out to have isseus not present in froyo-stable. After all, having newer sources was one of the "pro" arguments for recompiling cm6.

Th GMail issue that made me build froyo-stable has turned out to be unrelated to branch version and is now solved in both roms.

I have lot of work nowadays, that's why I started to give the 'normal daily use' test to this ROM - of course it is tweaked for my needs.

Waiting for 2.6.32 kernel to be finished and use it with this rom :)

thanks again dr.flo!

Guest desalesouche

Try this. I'be been using it with this froyo-stable rom (6.1.1). 691 max speed, but 528 default.

TXG691-528bootimg.zip

thx twrock...it is working fine....i donĀ²t have any problem with it... i am using cm6-u8220-20120206-v2 (stable one) with precedent oc file i was asked to enter my sim code to unlock phone every 10 sec....

if i don't ask too much(i know you're doing a lot),

when you have some time can you rewrite it to have 750 max speed; with 528 default? i know some people can handle 748 not me i can only 729 otherwise i have freeze and reboot.....thx for all

Edited by desalesouche

thx twrock...it is working fine....i donĀ²t have any problem with it...with precedent oc file i was asked to enter my sim code to unlock phone every 10 sec....

Glad it is working.

However, I don't think that boot.img will work with 6.2.0 RC0 (branch froyo). I'm still testing, but something seems very wrong when used with that rom. I was using it just fine with 6.1.1, so it seems there are other things different about the two branches.

Edit: I don't have the ability to recompile the kernel to set the max speed. And, I can't boot a kernel with a max speed over 691. And I can't even run the system for more than a few seconds at 691 speed without a reboot. Seems my CPU is fairly weak.

Edited by twrock

That's good. I can't influence which version you prefer but basicly I have a tendency to go with the newer source version - if it does not turn out to have isseus not present in froyo-stable. After all, having newer sources was one of the "pro" arguments for recompiling cm6.

Th GMail issue that made me build froyo-stable has turned out to be unrelated to branch version and is now solved in both roms.

Note the issue with the TXG OC kernel and branch froyo I mention above.