[ICS] [ROM][Updated:22/Feb] CyanogenMod 9 (Vivacity + Sanfran2)

Guest MCZQ

OK, Tried flashing the rom without flashing the google apps pack and I'm still not getting any google apps, no market, no gmail, nothing. What's that all about?

I went into the apps, no market. I went into the settings, then into Accounts & Sync, then "Add Account" and all that shows is Corporate and Email, No Google.

Tried restarting a couple of time, no joy.

I didn't have Gapps either after flashing ROM but then used used MCZQ's link to download/flash & AOK.

Calendar wouldn't let me in either but I suspect the server settings are not configured properly. I installed Calengoo from market, entered my Google account & it synced immediately.

Not sure what calculator issue is but again a Market replacement works perfectly.

I've had quite a few reboots but I have been doing a lot of app installs - now that I've completed that I'll get a better idea of how stable it is. Aside from stability (to be determined) the camera is the only major issue for me at this point - Gallery opens but I don't have any images yet so I'm not sure if it functions properly. It seems clear that there are less issues on Vivacity than SFII

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I didn't have Gapps either after flashing ROM but then used MCZQ's link to download/flash & AOK.

Which link is that? This one? http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I tried downloading the gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip one but it still didn't work. I assume that's the correct one to be using?

I don't understand it at all, I get no google apps whatsoever.

It seems clear that there are less issues on Vivacity than SFII

It would seem so, I don't understand how they can be so different when they have the same innards.

Never mind, Lalit is gonna start providing me with builds from tomorrow so hopefully I can have more joy with them.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Which link is that? This one? http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I tried downloading the gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip one but it still didn't work. I assume that's the correct one to be using?

I don't understand it at all, I get no google apps whatsoever.

It would seem so, I don't understand how they can be so different when they have the same innards.

Never mind, Lalit is gonna start providing me with builds from tomorrow so hopefully I can have more joy with them.

PsYcHoKiLLa - I used link in MCZQ's post quoted on 1st page - http://www.mediafire...lx9f937kq9aivaf

Btw - just to confirm that all soft buttons (except Home) work as they should. I am confident these issues will be sorted now this is up & running - I hope the new builds will help.

I have been exploring it's features today - it's like having a new phone!! Thanks again to all working to make this available

Edited by Titas

Guest jasonleeds

gallery not loading pics from sd card - also crahses going in to gallery settings.

home button not working

No google - no market - no option in sync settings for google either

calculator = black screen

calender = black screen

camera = error message "could not connect to camera"

Dev tools - some things work others freeze the phone until usb pull.

live wallpapers not working

most widgets work - calender works but black screen when launched. gallery widget gave me screen garbage then crahsed..batery pull needed

DSP manager seems to work, although didnt try my headset, could set bass etc EQ seemed to cash until you tap the screen then it appears.

wifi seems fine.

Alarms work ok

incoming calls & txt all seem ok

outgoing calls & txt work ok - although muting your mic does not. - loudspeaker works but volume is very quiet

browser works but is slow at rendering pages, otherwise usable.

music player is ok

phonebook works if restoring a backup from sd card

rom manager seems fine

search is ok

speech recorder seemed to work ok

super user is ok

terminal emulator is fine

Things crashing while pluged in via usb seem to lock the phone until you pull the usb then phone restarts.

This is this list ive got of working not working.

gunna have a bit more of a play see what else i find, it still awesome to have ICS on my SFII

Big thanks to all you guys working to get this right

----- just read about the gapps ics package so will download and try this now

Guys if you change the CPU setting from "ondemand" to smartassv2 things improve. I let that slip through my release :( Your welcome to try others, Performence is max cpu 24/7

Guys if you change the CPU setting from "ondemand" to smartassv2 things improve. I let that slip through my release :( Your welcome to try others, Performence is max cpu 24/7

Thanks - have done that!

Guest jasonleeds

the Gapps package sorts the lack of google.

been noticing a lot of random phone resets but reading now im back from work, ill set the cpu setting see what happens.

really great to have ICS on my phone, friends are miffed lol

After some aimless playing FM radio works with this app http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296

Audo output method: "GalaxyS Danger" Output Device" Headset

Regional Band UK

Debug - FM Chip Boradcom BC 4330/20780 Enable

use fm_hcitool

reboot

Thanks for the settings MCZQ - Spirit FM radio works nicely. The only thing that bothered me was that I had to allow 11 separate SuperUser permission requests. - initially I thought it was not "remembering" the permission but they are apparently from different commands within the app. ( Did you get this too?) Once granted though it seems to fine. smile.gif

He says he's doing the blade first, then us.

Thanks for the update. Well I guess that's fair & I sure we won't be far behind!

Btw, did you manage to get Gapps installed?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thanks for the update. Well I guess that's fair & I sure we won't be far behind!

Btw, did you manage to get Gapps installed?

I did but I still didn't get the market showing up in the app list so I couldn't install or test any of my own apps. GMail worked but that was about it.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest jasonleeds

once i installed the Gapps package, it was just a matter of adding a google account in the account and sync settings.

also now ive set the CPU to smartassV2, I havent had a random restart.....as yet

Guest Russ_uk

Thanks for the update!

Will have play with this over the weekend, bit busy til then.

Nice work MCZQ & Co :)

Rep added !

Edited by Russ_uk

He says he's doing the blade first, then us.

???? I dont even have a Blade.

That being said, the release for Skate on 23rd doesnt seem to have fixed any issues so I will wait till the next update before porting to our device.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

That being said, the release for Skate on 23rd doesnt seem to have fixed any issues so I will wait till the next update before porting to our device.

I was talking about Tilal :)

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

Don't worry guys - new build coming today with everything working.

Quote from tilal - Skate ROM - Sounds promising - hopefully it will also improve our Crescent ROM too

Edited by Titas

tilal'll be much better than me but, after rebuilding my rotting development machine, I've finally managed a source build which boots. It's very much a derivative work as far as the device config goes, bu at least it's now possible for me to (fail to) make some things work right.

Goodness knows what was going on with the computer, but what tipped me off to a crumbling system was when it stopped managing to even make a working boot image... Fun times!

tilal'll be much better than me but, after rebuilding my rotting development machine, I've finally managed a source build which boots. It's very much a derivative work as far as the device config goes, bu at least it's now possible for me to (fail to) make some things work right.

Goodness knows what was going on with the computer, but what tipped me off to a crumbling system was when it stopped managing to even make a working boot image... Fun times!

Sounds like there's a long way to go with this but who knows....... all contributions & more options are are appreciated. Thanks & good luck with the build!

Guest jasonleeds

After a few tweaks with the settings ive managed to have a pretty stable phone for a few days.

As before certain things dont work..camera etc.

But have noticed a few things while playing about,

using the music player to access my sd cards music for some reason sometimes make the gallery work. Odd and I still cant pin point why this happens.

Im currently using the "savagedzen" cpu governor although this is totally lag free, I dont seem to get as many random reboots,

Battery life has been pretty poor on everything ive tried, not terrible but still not great.

It is however still usable and its great to see such forward development on what is essentially a rare phone.

Thanks to everyone who has been working on this