CWM Touch Recovery for Blade Released?

Guest ilopez85

Guest targetbsp

Nice! OK, whose braving it first? :D

Shows how popular our little phone still must be amongst CM users if we got it that early compared to some of the big name phones there.

65cd9025570c5ebdea691fa597befeee recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img

Is flipped upside down.

Does not react on touch. Navigating through the hardware keys works as expected (well, it's a little bit hard, with the keys going in the opposite direction to the screen ;)).

The "Yes"option was not visible at first, but the "No's" do scroll away, the field size is a little bit to big maybe.

I used "fastboot flash recovery LinkToFile" btw, is the fastest way without first doing a zip and all.

Edit: After rebooting ROM Manager still says I've got the old version installed.

Edit2: Rom Manager Update available in the Market. It's not free to flash the Touch Recovery from there. More information here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01/31/download-clockworkmod-touch-recovery-beta-now-available-for-galaxy-nexus-and-nexus-s-gsm/

Edited by FelixL

Guest targetbsp

:( Guess I'll pass just yet then!

I was going to be lazy and do it as the in-app purchase from Rom Manager but it's £1.99?! That's insane pricing for something you can do free.

Guest szymko1995

Now I have reason to buy ROM Manager.

I've done it, but price is too big (particularly for poor Polish).

Now I'm downloading CWM Touch.

Edited by szymko1995

Guest targetbsp

I've got a CWM version which has touch sensitive arrows for quite some time. Still does the same job i.e not wearing out volume buttons.

Yeah I've seen that one around here but I've not tried it as I've found Rom Manager picky about unofficial recoveries in the past.

Ofc, thinking about it, if you're using Rom Manager, it makes it kinda irrelevant what your recovery UI is. Which makes it even odder that it costs so much from inside Rom Manager!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest szymko1995

Why I can't install it by ROM Manager Premium.

It says to me to donate CWM... blah... blah...

How to install it in other way?

Edit:

I've used Android Commander and It works.

I can confirm inverted view and not working touch.

Now I'll wait for proper one.

Edited by szymko1995

65cd9025570c5ebdea691fa597befeee recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.img

>Is it the same?

recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-blade.zip

3bcf4f2de4b1d35184214c0bfaa846c7

Sure.

Are you kidding me? It's a different MD5, so NO, it is NOT the same!

Guest Sulthekk

You are comparing a zip and an img. It's natural that it differs, we need to check the md5 of the image inside the zip, which is probably the same :)

Edited by Sulthekk

Yeah, you're right. But you can not say it's the same until you checked.

I would guess so, too, but as long as it is not proven you should say "probably" ;).

Guest matt4321

yeah when i flashed this via adb last night, means i don't have to pay :D it was flipped and unresponsive to touch, hopefully we'll have a working version in the coming days

Guest targetbsp

I guess adb takes some setting up if you don't have it already so the convenience of flashing in rom manager may suit some. But even though i have it set up, I still would have paid a dollar or so just for the convenience of doing it from RM, but not £2. Someone will zip it soon after it's out anyway, as shown above!

Guest fonix232

It IS the same. Only difference is that the img has a built-in kernel image too, while the ZIP only replaces the recovery part.

Guest sonalibag

I've got a CWM version which has touch sensitive arrows for quite some time. Still does the same job i.e not wearing out volume buttons.

can u pls send me the link of that. i couldnt find it by searching.... thanks :)

• 4 months later...