:p Wep Question ??

Guest kiran-reddy

Guest Racerboy

Hello guys..

Is our Racer is able to Crack WEP / WPA2 encryption password of WIFI..

??

it would be wrong of me to suggest any software for you to use but yes it could possibly do it as roms are based on linux code and is best for that sort of thing, all depends on the phone wifi driver software you use to inject packages to routers with protection..... WEP is far the easiest to crack once collected enough packets, can be cracked within a few minutes

Guest redhawkuk

Cracking any form of encryption involves lots of number crunching and time I'm not sure if the Racer's processor is up for the task.

Furthermore the ability to sniff packets without an established link would very much depend on the level of control exposed by the wifi driver.

I can't say I've seen such password tools only stuff for monitoring network traffic via an established wifi connection and an Android equivalent of firesheep. :huh:

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk

Guest kiran-reddy

@equilym ... Lol .. :P :D @redhawkuk .. actually i need to knw all these packet capturing, if success in capturing logs then i can use those logs to crack a passwd of wep/wpa in my linux box (pc) using aircrack. :D guys i come to an idea .. i hv seen an Linux installer app. on Market. if i could install whole linux on my android racer , thn i can install linux packages to go on my work.. but sad news our isp's aren't good at speed, so i can't downloaded the whole 50mb through mobile net. Can Anyone give link to 50mb linux (which required by linuxinstaller App.) (n_n)

Guest kiran-reddy

hmmm... @equiliym.. 600mb ubuntu linux gets to slow for Racer.. can we use this linux www.damnsmalllinux.org/ .. it will b good and fast in Racer as its size is too low from that ubuntu img. (685mb).. :)

Guest equiliym

well i was running that ubuntu without problems.. was slow as hell tho.. we can use any distro somewhat but it needs to be ARM supported, that ubuntu iso is compiled for ARM processors and not for x86, thats why it can run on android phone.. if you can find ARM dsl iso, we could probably run it, yeah.. i also saw debian iso somewhere on XDA forums, for htc wildfire and wildfire has a bit slower cpu, that might be worth checking

edit: just checked FAQ on DSL.. " Another route is to use a QEMU disk image even a cross target, (ARM Linux 2.6 test kernel and initrd disk image - arm-test-0.2.tar.gz, at a measly 3MB), and cross compile DSL for your Router, CellPhone, or other Embedded Platform." meaning it could be possible to get an ARM image of DSL to work on a phone

Edited by equiliym

Guest kiran-reddy

wow.. that means we cn use it .. right ??? plzzzzz plzzz help me na.. plz give me the required steps to install and how can i get arm based debain (dsl) iso. (n_n). Create one thread for it Equiliym bro. plz. it will help a lot of peoples out there.. nd me too :D

Guest equiliym

i will look into it but i dont think i could do it, i never cross compiled for another arch.. android is one thing but doing that with whole linux is different.. you'll have more luck finding arm compatible iso on webs..

edit: hmm imo, if you have a good sdcard, you can just go with that ubuntu or get a debian (im checking on smaller arm version of this) with lxde or icewm or something that wont eat much ram.. also on phone enable swap, make a good swap partition, install V6 and overclock to 710mhz, that will give your phone a good boost at speed so even that should work alright.. btw that ubuntu image is 2gb if im not mistaking from the other post so you will need a bigger sdcard (2gb+) to have all android data and linux on..

Edited by equiliym