Need help returning to stock rom

Guest SLBoy

Hi so I bought this phone, played around with the roms and all that and now looks like I'm gonna have to return it to the store, problem is the phone has the t&l metal 2.3.6 13 AOSP rom installed and I can't seem to be able to return to the stock rom, tried the SD download mode but I get an "image dir not found" error, then Acer's official update tool and it says I don't have enough room, then tried Acer download tool but I get an " no partitionTable file" error (see attachment also), so yeah, can anybody help me please? :mellow:

post-963076-0-92546100-1328707883_thumb.

Guest Smeelious

Try to find a firmware with the acer_ug directory zipped in instead of the bin. copy that file onto your SD card and go to sd download mode.

I found using the actual firmware installer (that puts the acer_ug file in) sometimes doesn't work...gives the "image directory not found" error.

Try to find a firmware with the acer_ug directory zipped in instead of the bin. copy that file onto your SD card and go to sd download mode.

I found using the actual firmware installer (that puts the acer_ug file in) sometimes doesn't work...gives the "image directory not found" error.

This maybe?

Don't I go to recovery to install from zips?

Guest Smeelious

I already did that as explained in the OP, I always got an "image dir not found" error.

In which case, have you tried downloading the official file from acer?

In which case, have you tried downloading the official file from acer?

Yup, with their official update tool or whatever its called, I got a message saying I didn't have space which I do (130mb~).

Edited by SLBoy

Guest Smeelious

Yup, with their official update tool or whatever its called, I got a message saying I didn't have space which I do (130mb~).

Have you tried a different SD card?

Guest Smeelious

Yup

How..did you get out of SD download mode once you had started the update? (This normally doesn't happen, even removing the battery, unless you replace the acer_ug directory with one that works.)

Aside from jiggling the cable...I don't know what else to try.

well...You could always try flashing a different version then updating. (An old version listed in the BIN sticky)

Edited by Smeelious

How..did you get out of SD download mode once you had started the update? (This normally doesn't happen, even removing the battery, unless you replace the acer_ug directory with one that works.)

Aside from jiggling the cable...I don't know what else to try.

well...You could always try flashing a different version then updating. (An old version listed in the BIN sticky)

I go to SD download mode, mentioned error appears and it just stays there vibrating endlessly, then I just take the battery off.

Just flash 2.2 first with ADT. It works for nearly any problem. Even when sometimes phone doesnt get recognized properly.

Oh right, didn't even notice about older androids, thanks I'm gonna try it.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi so all went ok and I got a replacement thanx guys :), now I just want to take out all the acer crap (docs to go, socialjogger...), do I just root the phone and that's it?

Guest Smeelious

Hi so all went ok and I got a replacement thanx guys :), now I just want to take out all the acer crap (docs to go, socialjogger...), do I just root the phone and that's it?

That's all you need to remove the bloat yeah. (and some app to actually remove them)