Blade with USB DAC Amplifier Possible ??

Guest alwyn

I've tried looking through the internet and people say that with ICS, we might be able to get USB DAC Amps like the Fiio E7 to work with android phones. Has anyone been successful doing so with the Blade yet ? ICS or Gingerbread, because I read that some people had luck with CM7.

Edited by alwyn

Guest ejhollin

I've tried looking through the internet and people say that with ICS, we might be able to get USB DAC Amps like the Fiio E7 to work with android phones. Has anyone been successful doing so with the Blade yet ? ICS or Gingerbread, because I read that some people had luck with CM7.

There was some progress with USB host mode on CM7 by one poster on here, but I couldn't get it to work myself. Never thought of this, it's a great idea. I got myself a Chinese USB DAC from eBay, soldered on a few wires to phono sockets and put it in a box. It sounds great to my ears when linked up to my laptop and fed into my separates system. The Blade's sound quality is particularly bad, so this would be neat.

Mine is similar to this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-PCM2704-HI-FI-USB-DAC-DIGITAL-BOARD-SOUND-CARD-XD-/290635789910?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_SoundCards&hash=item43ab3e3656

• 3 weeks later...