[DEV] [ROM] MIUI for the Blade

Guest KingsizeX

Guest brookergray

I love how we are arguing about correct terminology :D

@Sulthekk

I should have written byte-code not binary, even though technically .dex files are binaries. (every single file is stored as binary :D )

(I wanted to ask this earlier: Sulthekk as in fried fish?

@tital6991

Java is compiled from text files into class files (and then for android made into dex) according to the java doc, so the opposite of that would be not to disassemble but to decompile. (even if it's not "real")

@FrozenRealm but if you have a dex file you'll still need more than a text editor to view it right? It's not immediately readable to humans as you still need the computer to make it so right?

Edited by brookergray

Guest Sulthekk

Ez egy szóvicc : Sülthekk - Sülthack

Ha valamit eltolok, akkor én leszek a felsülthack :)

That's a hungarian word joke. Hekk is pronounced as hack, and it's a fish. The joke itself can't be translated

Guest the_crevis

Can you post the link of MIUI V4 :) ? please

there is no link, i ported it from MIUI on the skate, tilal6991 will be releasing a version for the blade soon, so i'll leave it to him as it is really his work :)

Guest Sulthekk

there is no link, i ported it from MIUI on the skate, tilal6991 will be releasing a version for the blade soon, so i'll leave it to him as it is really his work :)

Any experiences to share about the rom?

Guest the_crevis

Any experiences to share about the rom?

very slow, and i did port it to a fully hardware accelerated version of cm9, quite a bit force closing without notification :/ However, these are just the problems of my port, i'm sure tilal6991 will have fixed these issues when he releases his version :)

When it works though its pretty awesome! :D

Edit: and of course themes don't work as that requires a binary lib which we cant use cause its armv7 and we use armv6 :/

Edited by the_crevis

Guest tilal6991
Wouldn't it be better to port the GB version on MIUI? and not the v4.

Miui gb version doesny even boot. That's why there's never been an miui port until now.

Guest HarryPirate

Wouldn't it be better to port the GB version on MIUI? and not the v4.

I ask the same question since the GB stability is by far better than the ICS on our devices.

Guest DarkChaosPaladin

even if the themes do not work, you have the great MIUI interface and the MIUI build in applications and maybe some day the themes will work. How knows.

Edited by DarkChaosPaladin

Ooooh, but we can try even it was not possible to port miui to blade....but we did it....themes are just a little part....

We? Tilal did it! A few devs and I tried. But ulimately it was tilal