Camera non working

Guest lyo92

Hi,

The camera on my liquid mt not working and the app crash. I tried other roms but still does not work.

I've solved installing tecnolover's kernel.

Thanks

Edited by lyo92

• 10 months later...
Guest concussion

Hi folks,

I'm having trouble with the camera - none of the camera apps load and neither will any apps that require the flash. I am unsure if it is software or hardware related. I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.6 using the Acer update software and rooted with Z4 several months before the problem developed. Having looked through the forum I have tried the following without much success:

* Reflash 2.3.6 from Acer website: software confirms I have 4.000.13_EMEA_GEN1installed but will not proceed with installation - advises me to remove battery and try again.

* Transfer .bin from 4.000.13 to sd: no .bin file in download from Acer website

* Install technolovers kernel: Phone won't boot into recovery in order to make nandroid backup - all I get is a warning triangle and then the phone boots up as normal.I have tried to access recovery through both key-press combinations and Quick Boot.

Can anyone advise on how to proceed?

Guest concussion

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. I installed CWM and recovery but could not install Technolovers Kernel - the phone would not start up past the Android screen. I also tried Gingerounay 3.0 with the same result. I was successful in installing t_l_metal_2.3.6_13 and CM7 but the camera did not work in either. I think at this stage it must be a hardware issue and wish to return it to Acer for repair. The official 2.3.6 from Acer will not run as it says I need more than 20 Mb space (I have over 150 Mb) and I cannot find the .bin file anywhere. I'm feeling pretty stupid really - where exactly is this .bin file which I'm supposed to flash? I cannot find it in any .zip files which I have downloaded :(

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. I installed CWM and recovery but could not install Technolovers Kernel - the phone would not start up past the Android screen. I also tried Gingerounay 3.0 with the same result. I was successful in installing t_l_metal_2.3.6_13 and CM7 but the camera did not work in either. I think at this stage it must be a hardware issue and wish to return it to Acer for repair. The official 2.3.6 from Acer will not run as it says I need more than 20 Mb space (I have over 150 Mb) and I cannot find the .bin file anywhere. I'm feeling pretty stupid really - where exactly is this .bin file which I'm supposed to flash? I cannot find it in any .zip files which I have downloaded :(

check out his thread here also use ADT to flash the .bin file :)

Guest concussion

Hi Acer, thanks for that - I had looked in that thread but did not see the current build so was unsure about using other ones. I went ahead and flashed 2.3.4 successfully using ADT and then used the most recent 2.3.6 from the Acer website to get back to Gingerbread. The camera still does not work but at least I'm back to stock and can return it to Acer for repair if the Kernel update doesn't work. :)

Edited by concussion