[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest kimomini

why don't you use "realcalc"? its free and works well!

I just use cm7 calculator and quick pic as replacements for it at the moment :P

Guest rafalo1333

So you would rather use an awful one like OI instead of your preferred one? Just make an update zip or install via adb or install via pm or add it to your rom zip or get one off the market.

No, maybe im just trying to install my lovely Total Commander, which isnt in the Market?

File Manager is so simple to include so i cant see any complication with adding it to the rom.

There are many other unneeded apps in package, but FILE MANAGER is one of the most important things of the oparating system, and talking about Google Play is just bullshit - no everyone can access Market when ROM is installed due to lack of the mobile internet/wifi.

CM7 includes File Manager, CM9 of course should be the same.

Tilal, please, think about users and include it in the next release, or just make separate flashable package as zip with File Manager. This is not big thing to such dev as You ;)

Cheers

Guest brookergray

No, maybe im just trying to install my lovely Total Commander, which isnt in the Market?

File Manager is so simple to include so i cant see any complication with adding it to the rom.

There are many other unneeded apps in package, but FILE MANAGER is one of the most important things of the oparating system, and talking about Google Play is just bullshit - no everyone can access Market when ROM is installed due to lack of the mobile internet/wifi.

Tilal, please, think about users and include it in the next release, or just make separate flashable package as zip with File Manager. This is not big thing to such dev as You ;)

Cheers

It's not included because you know, it's beta. So please stop whining. If you think that you're an advanced user (you obviously do, if you're a TC user) than you ought to learn a few tricks about the platform. Start with adb.

I also can't agree that a file manager is the most important app or that it's even necessary. I rarely use one on Android.

Guest kimomini

Cheers

Bro

if file manager is of such a great need to yourself it's simple, just download a the file manager apk of your choice to your PC open the rom in a zip editor or w.e and go to system app and stick in the file manager then install the ROM as usual.

Simples ;)

Guest mitchde

Info: I installed newer GooglePlayStore 3.5.16 (=Market) over the 31.03. build and worked.

Attached zipped .apk (unzip it , then use as .apk as normal install)

Info: New Apex Launcher 1.0.5 seems to stop chrashing on reboots (once).

Google Play Store 3.5.16.apk.zip

Edited by mitchde

Guest rafalo1333

Yeah, im poweruser and I know I can edit zips or try ADB, but i dont think its the solution ;)

File Manager is something that is very useful and i cant imagine OS without such one. The simplest one is about a few Kbytes, so ROM wont be overloaded and averyone can access apk or other files on the SD card without Market.

The best option is to make flashable zip with File Manager and everyone who wants it out of the box (i know a lot of users want) will be possible to install it ;)

And please - we should respect that other people as me have another look on some things ;)

Guest Pelemanne

Yeah, im poweruser and I know I can edit zips or try ADB, but i dont think its the solution ;)

File Manager is something that is very useful and i cant imagine OS without such one. The simplest one is about a few Kbytes, so ROM wont be overloaded and averyone can access apk or other files on the SD card without Market.

The best option is to make flashable zip with File Manager and everyone who wants it out of the box (i know a lot of users want) will be possible to install it ;)

And please - we should respect that other people as me have another look on some things ;)

Y're right, but it is so easy to install by Google Play and you can even choose from so many alternatives.

BUT it is not right to bother tilal with things like this. mellow.gif

Edited by Pelemanne

Guest Nikola86BG

Custom roms are not built for average users. Most average users I know are perfectly happy with a standard HTC rom without the file manager. Or, they have Samsung devices, on which they have used a file manager once - to see what it is...

Every poweruser can install a simple file manager, and each one of us prefers one or the other. So, why waste Tilal's time on the things we can get really easy, and besides, I'd like to get one launcher, someone else another, I for example put the Sound Hound in the moment I install the rom, so why not make the rom with that? And a combo with Angry Birds? If he puts everything a single person asks for, there would be so darn many combinations.

Guest fox2000

Why don't we stop this endless discussion about file managers? The problem could easily be solved by including a simple .apk into the zip under /system/app. Both tilal and every other (advanced) user can do this in 30 seconds.

btw, I got used to find a basic file manager in Custom ROMs. It's only a bunch of KB and sometimes could help doing some tasks at the very first boot of a ROM, before setting up the network and being able to login to the Market.

my 2 cents.

Guest Nikola86BG

My point is not just in the file managers. Every now and then, someone pops out asking for something. Most people want 2 things - for Tilal to make a rom as good as he can (which he is doing, using his free time), and for /system to be as small as possible. The more you add, the more stuff you will get that too many people don't use. You can always keep the .apks that you need on your SD card, and install them the moment you start the system. And it really is not hard for any of us to add them into the .zip ourselves.

Guest fox2000

You can always keep the .apks that you need on your SD card, and install them the moment you start the system.

in fact, that's exactly what a basic filemanager is meant to do. And not, it's not goint to blow the rom up in such a way that it won't fit our phone's memory. Granted.

Edited by fox2000

Guest ztebladeboy

I'm here just my opinion said about the rom what's wrong when<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">I'install I'm getting warned about the effect on my mobile,<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">I'm herewarned about the control elements of the forum,<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">I thought that we believe may say or mistaken I me?

Edited by ztebladeboy

Guest ztebladeboy

I'm here just my opinion said about the rom what's wrong when

I'install I'm getting warned about the effect on my mobile,

I'm herewarned about the control elements of the forum,

I thought that we believe may say or mistaken I me?

Guest kimomini

Say what?

Just chill man it's a file manager this ROM has other issues that are a lot more important than a file manager that can be obtained so easily.

Guest ty_hot

I am using the 31/03 updated version, reporting a wierd and annoying bug:

when someone calls me, right after I hang up the phone resumes the music automatically in the CM Music App. Even when I was not even listening, it just goes and plays it!

no idea if its rom or app related bug btw

Another thing, sometimes I connect my Blade to the charger and it doesnt charge. Last night i left it connected with 33% battery, today I woke up with the very same 33% of battery. It just stop draining it and its fucing annoying! I was wondering if my battery could not be well placed but in that case the phone wouldnt work with it, so it seems to be something with the software

Guest Amphoras

To everyone asking about a file manager:

Tilal already answered this. This rom is CM9, and CM9 doesn't have a file manager at the moment. If CM9 gets a file manager, then this rom will as well. Until then, it won't.

Guest saransh9

when someone calls me, right after I hang up the phone resumes the music automatically in the CM Music App. Even when I was not even listening, it just goes and plays it!

Another thing, sometimes I connect my Blade to the charger and it doesnt charge. Last night i left it connected with 33% battery, today I woke up with the very same 33% of battery. It just stop draining it and its fucing annoying! I was wondering if my battery could not be well placed but in that case the phone wouldnt work with it, so it seems to be something with the software

It seems your charger is dead try charging it through USB or on cm

Guest brookergray

^It's because you're using a 3 month old beta.

Edited by brookergray

Guest brookergray

Settling the file manager debate once and for all:

http://files.borcsik.com/android/file_manager.zip

I've made a flashable zip that adds oi file manager to /system. In my opinion of you can't install an appointment via adb you should mess around with your phone. Because when it breaks (eventually it will) than you're SOL. Better learn it while it's still working.

Guest tilal6991

Settling the file manager debate once and for all:

http://files.borcsik...ile_manager.zip

I've made a flashable zip that adds oi file manager to /system. In my opinion of you can't install an appointment via adb you should mess around with your phone. Because when it breaks (eventually it will) than you're SOL. Better learn it while it's still working.

Added to first post.

Guest przemek_3

I've flashed new kernel from squadzone to coldfusion,

WiFi doesnt works, animations are smooth like on 2.6.35.7 kernel

Methinks that 3D works worse than on 2.6.35.7 kernel

Edited by przemek_3