[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Ar_jay

Very smooth and fast, its nice being able to see the actual animations, like swiping windows in the task manager/browser without any lag

Guest Ar_jay

Also I have got it to fit into a 160MB partition with space to spare by using mini gapps and deleting the bootanimation.zip and the contents of the media/ringtones/ folder

Guest sej7278

Also I have got it to fit into a 160MB partition with space to spare by using mini gapps and deleting the bootanimation.zip and the contents of the media/ringtones/ folder

i'm asuming you can't re-tpt without losing all your partitions? it doesn't just resize does it (even with tpt-helper)?

Guest fox2000

UI and menus are generally very smooth, but sometimes phone lags when returning to the homescreen. It seems that launcher has to redraw all icons on the homescreen, which takes ~1sec to be done.

Edited by fox2000

Guest sej7278

UI is generally very smooth, but sometimes it lags when returning to the homescreen. It seems that it has to redraw the app icons, and it takes ~1sec to do this.

possibly you have homescreen apps on your sdcard?

Guest Ar_jay

i'm asuming you can't re-tpt without losing all your partitions? it doesn't just resize does it (even with tpt-helper)?

Not 100% sure but I doubt it. I was actually trying to make a 180mb partition with TPT helper but for some reason it ended up as 160mb system 2mb cache.

I'm pleased anyway because everything easily fits into the 160mb. I have about 15mb spare

Guest vasiloy

As far as I know u will loose them, However,I had fit all versions on 160MB with minigapps( if I need something extra I just install that apk) and it works fine for me.

Very smooth, very fast, no colour banding, it truly is a great ROM. Will see ab battery life as I go along.

Guest sej7278

actually - can we make a nandroid with 215+37+203, then tpt to 215+2+238 and restore the nandroid, probably not?

its missing a lot of the cm7 options - like no prompt on power menu, disable boot animation, minimal lockscreen etc.

sticking with it though, now just got to ask tilal nicely how we go about setting up a build environment - assume its stock cm9 then branch his github repo's on top of that, bit more complicated than cm7, but if cyanogenmod aren't going to officially support us.....

Edited by sej7278

Guest Ar_jay

I'm restoring all my apps with titanium backup pro root, but I have to click "install" and "done" for each app. Is there a different restore method (for future reference) that doesn't require this. i.e. It restores everything without having to prompt it for each app?

EDIT: I believe the donate version does this, but is there a free app that does?

Edited by Ar_jay

Guest vasiloy

I'm restoring all my apps with titanium backup pro root, but I have to click "install" and "done" for each app. Is there a different restore method (for future reference) that doesn't require this. i.e. It restores everything without having to prompt it for each app?

U sure u;re using pro version? as that feature is only for the unpaid version

Guest sej7278

Not 100% sure but I doubt it. I was actually trying to make a 180mb partition with TPT helper but for some reason it ended up as 160mb system 2mb cache.

I'm pleased anyway because everything easily fits into the 160mb. I have about 15mb spare

yes custom tpt seems to be entirely broken - md5sums don't match or files are missing.

i'm currently using 181mb of /system apparently.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Archilus

I have 2 problems:

1. I can't turn on Wi-fi (button is always on 'off' position)

2. I can't install gaaps (device said that gaaps is installed, but i don't see any gaaps in my ROM)

Guest targetbsp

yes custom tpt seems to be entirely broken - md5sums don't match or files are missing.

I made that mistake. The MD5 isn't meant to match once you've made it custom. :)

Also, yes you can nandroid backup and restore between tpt's as long as there is enough space in each partition between the backup and restore.

Guest sej7278

I made that mistake. The MD5 isn't meant to match once you've made it custom. :)

Also, yes you can nandroid backup and restore between tpt's as long as there is enough space in each partition between the backup and restore.

ok thanks - but i also seem to be missing 2 files - partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

I think there's some kind of memory leak somewhere. I was attempting to do my traditional in use battery test of playing a kairosoft game from full to empty to see hwo long it takes (typically 4 and a half hours). After an hour tasker warned me I was low on memory. Shortly afterwards the game closed down. In Task manager all bar 10 processes had been shut down, presumably in a desperate attempt to free ram, prior to the game.

Still have problems with this after prolonged gaming. Was hoping it was down to the drivers in past versions and the new driver would have fixed it.

Guest targetbsp

ok thanks - but i also seem to be missing 2 files - partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn

It mismatches on 2 files - could have been those two? Are you sure they're missing and its not just using weird terminology to indicate those are the 2 that mismatched? Was a while since I did it but I seem to recall something like that. Maybe check directly in the folder in a file manager ?

[edit]

yes, those were the 2 files: http://android.modaco.com/topic/345654-app-tpt-helper/page__st__100

Edited by targetbsp

Guest vasiloy

I have 2 problems:

1. I can't turn on Wi-fi (button is always on 'off' position)

2. I can't install gaaps (device said that gaaps is installed, but i don't see any gaaps in my ROM)

Check system partition as u should have at least 185 MB for ROM + full gapps (refer to 1st post).WiFi works just fine for me (u have to press on off to turn it on) otherwise idk.

Guest blackbart

I found the data partition on the v10 stock TPT to be too restrictive set up a custom TPT with 190 system 20 cache and 256 data, had the 2 mismatched files but held my breath and flashed it anyway, works far better for me.

Guest sej7278

It mismatches on 2 files - could have been those two? Are you sure they're missing and its not just using weird terminology to indicate those are the 2 that mismatched? Was a while since I did it but I seem to recall something like that. Maybe check directly in the folder in a file manager ?

[edit]

yes, those were the 2 files: http://android.modac...r/page__st__100

that did it thanks - now got 215+2+239 with 79mb free on /data after restoring my nandroid - got rid of that ghastly big android bootanim too. bed time now, 2:30am ffs

don't think the phone is sleeping even with wifi manually off i can wake by pressing the menu buttons - ah that only seems to be when charging, must not have set that option.

Edited by sej7278