[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JimJam707

anyone want to try out a new build of ColdFusionX?

post-839039-0-28904500-1334364045_thumb.

its got a new kernel which should fix bluetooth tethering, plus the rom fixes since the 07/04 build such as sd-ext mounting in recovery, fewer audio/video files (means more space in /system) and better layout of the apps list icons/text.

thanks go to tilal6991 of course and contributions from KonstaT and Squadzone (and me, and the cm9 guys)

slightly different place

i can't get the fecking pretenders out of my head now! :lol:

Wee need a Mod to put this in the first post and change the title while tilal is gone.

Mirror: http://adf.ly/7PoB8

Mediafire in progress...

Why did you put the link behind an ad.fly link? Making money from others work blink.gif

Edited by JimJam707

Guest sorre

Hi there,

I just want to thank you, Tilal, for all the WONDERFUL job done on this rom.

As sombody already said, I think ColdfusionX is probably the best thing ever happened to our Blade.

Thank you, and good luck for your issues!

Guest blindclown

Blindclown, had the same problem. Turning of the auto brightness settings and setting the display brightness manually seems to work.

Thank you for the help. I didn't exchange the def of auto brightness. After some hours with the problem, just flash again rom (with system format and wipe) and then, just use the auto brightness. Since yesterday night is working fine. I don't know what happens, but for the time being is working fine...

Guest kingpair

anyone want to try out a new build of ColdFusionX?

Hey Sej thanks for the build. Sad to see tilal go though.

This new build seems to cause the phone to get heated up even when idle and during regular non gaming use. Colour banding is back and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Turned on and off surface dithering and tinkered with a few settings but it persists.

Overall very smooth. :)

Guest sej7278

Please provide a changelog for this build.And a mirror will be much appreciated.rolleyes.gif

that was the changelog!

• bluetooth tethering should be fixed (can someone test please?)
  • the app drawer is slightly more spaced out
  • you should have more free space in /system.
  • there's some tidy ups in the kernel and build system that you won't notice.

there's not much been committed lately to the main cm9 repo other than translations.

if someone can mirror it that would be nice as this is going to kill my bandwidth at 100mb a pop.

what's this about dithering not working - is that new?

i've got settings->performance->surface dithering enabled (and 16-bit transparency, and then rebooted) and it seems ok, although in rommanager some of the menu's look like the greyscale isn't very graduated.....

Guest kingpair

I thought I read that the banding thing had been fixed but apparently not. Rebooting doesnt help. Another issue is no deep sleep with wifi on inspite of the kernel change.

Guest targetbsp

if someone can mirror it that would be nice as this is going to kill my bandwidth at 100mb a pop.

There's already a mediafire mirror at the bottom of the previous page. :)

Guest sej7278

I thought I read that the banding thing had been fixed but apparently not. Rebooting doesnt help. Another issue is no deep sleep with wifi on inspite of the kernel change.

what does colour banding look like, i don't know what to look for!

apparently you should have dithering on and 16bit transparency off and then reboot, which i've just done and rommanager does look better, that's the only place i've noticed gradual fills aren't great.

16bpp defaults to on these days and it needs a reboot to turn it off. i assume tilal's fix was to turn it off by default in the build. personally i'd prefer a bit more performance in favour of tiny image artifcacts. i'd say there's nothing in this build that would have changed that, perhaps the fix wasn't committed.

testing wifi now, although probably not much we can do until tom_g releases his new kernel (e.g. the test build from cm7). gotta wait 15mins for it to sleep as i recall.

edit: wifi turns off for me just fine, i can't ping after 15mins, then it comes back as soon as i turn the screen on.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Loren82

WOOW, now the wifi has an immediate activation !!! oohh, but when installing the wifi gapps go slower again as in previous reviews

Edited by Loren82

Guest Sulthekk

We're waiting for you to edit it out and put in the direct link. :)

Since that I have put the link of a much faster mediafire mirror, no need for the old one.

Guest kingpair

what does colour banding look like, i don't know what to look for!

apparently you should have dithering on and 16bit transparency off and then reboot, which i've just done and rommanager does look better, that's the only place i've noticed gradual fills aren't great.

When you go into the settings menu the bottom half of the screen is divided into progressively lighter bands of black. Now I'm not sure if thats what colour banding is per se, but if its presence improves performance I'll take it. I've used all four permutations of dithering and 16 bit transparency and rebooted every single time but no cigar.

Burstlam's cm9-aokp amalgam rom seemed to sleep fine so i assumed (since you mentioned you had used a new kernel) that you were using burstlam's and not tilal's older one.

Guest Loren82

The bands of color is still there even changing the settings, and tried to combine any way and still not corrected, I can not prove Bluetooth tethering my bluetooth device is damaged, if someone could test and comment on the result ...

Guest krauli

that was the changelog!

• bluetooth tethering should be fixed (can someone test please?)
  • the app drawer is slightly more spaced out
  • you should have more free space in /system.
  • there's some tidy ups in the kernel and build system that you won't notice.

there's not much been committed lately to the main cm9 repo other than translations.

i've got settings->performance->surface dithering enabled (and 16-bit transparency, and then rebooted) and it seems ok, although in rommanager some of the menu's look like the greyscale isn't very graduated.....

I applied dithering option (to fix color banding) but it wasn't working (after reboot, no change), in this morning it was ok (without reboot, without new apply). dunno why. :D

Edited by krauli

Guest nfs1mw

Now i can confirm that Bluetooth tethering is working.

Thanks to

Sulthekk for mediafire mirror.

tilal for the rom and patches :) .

sej7278 for continuing the project .