[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JimJam707

ETA???

What's the point of this thread?

Rule #1 of CyanogenMod

To alert people it's coming. You don't shout at TV adverts for programs coming soon and say "Why is this here! It's not even on yet!" wink.gif

Guest Davidoff59

its not official as TomG develops for the blade. Read the first page to see where its coming from.

Calm the excitement people, we have been waiting for aosp ics and CM9 for long enough so 'coming soon' should be sufficient.

When its out, its out. Some things can't be rushed, and tilal will be mentally preparing himself for all the support requests when something goes wrong, as is inevitable on the release of a new rom, with new members signing up just for this rom, not following recommended guidance then demanding support when their phone wont boot up.

Guest Davidoff59

Different priorities mate. Tommi13b is going the aosp route so leaving out all the cm components.

TomG is part of the CM team so he is also working on cm7 RC 7.2 stable which will probably be the final release of cm7 for the blade.

Official Cm9 wont come out before that.

There is some collaboration of course which is where github comes in.

Guest blade@dell

Firstly Thank you for the Alert!! Secondly we all are waiting..

May be i am among few BM here on self interest to get those best ROM possible without any contribution. I know how it feels to get a stable ICS Rom for our device.

This thread created a buzz i felt years back when i wanted Honeycomb for my tablet and luckily our community Tabletroms doing some wonderful jobs like here.

Just a question mate, Is it stable?

All the very best.

Guest Davidoff59

occasional reboots stated in the first page. Ics has been usable for some time. I used ics for a few days previously until I needed GPS navigation so I had to use my backup rom to use navigation.

Ics is usable but you will probably find that you need something that's not working so have to go back to your old rom

Guest tilal6991
occasional reboots stated in the first page. Ics has been usable for some time. I used ics for a few days previously until I needed GPS navigation so I had to use my backup rom to use navigation.

Ics is usable but you will probably find that you need something that's not working so have to go back to your old rom

I never said reboots were a problem ;)

Guest adrien56

I don't undertand what will or could be the difference between this one and cm9 (hw acceleration ? ) .i think this thread should be lock before a release comes out to avoid these behaviours .

Guest Davidoff59

Sorry Tilal, was referring to this

Partially Working:

Very occasional reboots

Funny enough, I was reading about cold fusion today and how science has dismissed the idea. Is this where the name came from?

Guest FrozenRealm

so its got pretty much the same features as CM9 and that other one? Hey look I can renane a ROM and say I made it, maybe I can be a wannabe-known kid too!

Guest leetron1

so its got pretty much the same features as CM9 and that other one? Hey look I can renane a ROM and say I made it, maybe I can be a wannabe-known kid too!

This dev has been at the forefront of porting ICS to the Skate...see this thread

Apparently he's a young guy doing exams at the mo so lets cut him some slack...he said nothing will appear here before the weekend...can't we all just wait and see?

Guest tilal6991

The cm9 roms up until this point have NOT had full HW acceleration- they have been using hacks to get it working it partially working. This build has full acceleration which makes it an awful lot faster

Plus the reboots are a problem on the Skate which I'm in the process of fixing but as far as I can tell are not a problem on the Blade.

The name is based on the fact ice cream is cold and this rom is a fusion for all the ZTE phones. Plus all the roms so far have not been sharing source code. I will my code fully available to the community. This rom is not a binary mod of exisitibg builds. Its a fully built from source.

Guest tilal6991

Also yes I did make a mistake opening the thread so early. I overestimated my free time. So I thought I was going to manage to release the build the day after I opened it.

The build will almost certainly be released this weekend or even today if I can manage.

Guest JimJam707

Yes. Tilal is such a wannabe know guy.

Just look at all of these ROMs that he made.

CM9 for Skate

CM7 for Skate

CM9 for U8150

CM7 for U8150

And he has a Developer badge under his name!

oh wait. He isn't a wannabe dev is he?

Edited by JimJam707

Guest Miles Kjeller

Waiting patiently with great anticipation.

Using LEWA ROM at the moment, and it's really getting on my nerves. (Stupid long boot-time).

As long as this is stable and has S2E support it will be perfect.

Best of luck with your exams as well, as a fellow student, I know how you feel.