[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest sej7278

I have a problem. I can't make sd-ext partition on my sd card. I have cwr 5.0.2.0 and i'm getting error:

"Error processing ROM Manager script. Please verify you have ROM Manager v4.4.0.0 or higher installed."

i'm getting that a lot these days - do you have 2mb /cache? only way i can get rommanager to stop nagging is if i wipe /cache first

Guest Nikola86BG

I have a problem. I can't make sd-ext partition on my sd card. I have cwr 5.0.2.0 and i'm getting error:

"Error processing ROM Manager script. Please verify you have ROM Manager v4.4.0.0 or higher installed."

Or simply do it from CWM. I wanted 1GB ext partition, Rom Manager allows 512MB tops, CWM allows for up to 2GB ext partition if I recall correctly.

Of course, you can do one of two things Sej and Schwini suggested.

Guest patricktan

If you haven't already you'll need to create an sd-ext partition on your SD card - do this from clockworkmod recovery, it can be any size you want but 512mb is probably enough. Make sure to back up your SD card before you do this because it will format it.

Next, download this, put it on your SD card. Reboot to recovery and install it via "install zip from SD card".

Reboot, then download "S2E" from market... Check the option to install apps and data to SD card and you're done.

Is it normal to have and error and installation aborted while installing the zip file from recovery?

Where can i find the option to set the installation path to SD with this Rom?

Edited by patricktan

Guest dakz03

great rom, however, I cant turn on my bluetooth using the latest build. .

Cleared cache and wiped dalvic and it did the work, .problem now is that everytime I reboot, I get a prompt saying Android is upgrading and takes alot of time to get to the homescreen.,

Edited by dakz03

Guest antmanfersil

I just made a gen2 TPT ( Custom Gen2 215 v10, Partition layout: 38MB cache, 215MB system, 204MB data) and installed the latest build of the rom. Will test it for a few days, and reply my experience. For the first 5 minutes of usage i can already say that the UI is really fast, smooth and responsive. Much more than GingerBread. The camera preview is laggish, but completely usable. Youtube HQ is not working. I just saw these, because other people refered to it, and i confirm it. I will install some apps and games to see the performance of the ROM further. Will also benchmark it, altough i'm not sure about the results of GB to compare.

Congratulations Tilal, for your work and dedication!

EDIT: In youtube HQ, the issue is only the video, the audio works fine.

The camera preview works faster in vídeo mode. Odd!

P.S.: Is there a way to send a single sms to several people at the sime time? GoSMS has a dedicated buttom to do that, it would be a great addition!

Edited by antmanfersil

Guest Cusy

Guys I have installed the mini gapps package. Now is there any way to install gtalk?

+1 to this. And i personally don't think that "Install another software that has the same funcitons" is a good answer.

Archish is reporting a bug (an app can't be installed), saying him "use this workaroud" doesn't fix the bug.

GTalk is installable with full gapps on 4.0.4, but not with mini gapps.. Maybe we're missing some vital files that GTalk needs in order to run?

Edited by Cusy

Guest jeddy1

+1 to this. And i personally don't think that "Install another software that has the same funcitons" is a good answer.

Archish is reporting a bug (an app can't be installed), saying him "use this workaroud" doesn't fix the bug.

GTalk is installable with full gapps on 4.0.4, but not with mini gapps.. Maybe we're missing some vital files that GTalk needs in order to run?

well, I only can say just because you or some like you wants more space '' Install the mini gapps and then complain why it dont have some apps ''

sorry dont get it in a bad way but what u expect ?? Mini gapps with 100 apps in ??

For better phone function tpt your phones to 220 mb partition size and install rom with full gapps and then a2sd or whatever.Again you will have 190mb free internal storage and u can install as many apps as u want !

i dont know if gtalk is in mini gapps but and if it is and it doesnt install then do what i said above :)

Edit : just saw in mini gapps and is not there so go for full gapps ;)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest patricktan

how to partition internal memory?

and anyone know where i can find the setting where i can set installation path to SD Card...?

Guest dani1705

tital, a question: if I have the burstlam rom and I happen to coldfusion x I have to dowipe data and cache? Because I do not want to lose my data

Guest archish

Guys one strange issue not sure if this is app or rom issue, would like others feedback as what might be wrong. I am on mini gapps package and have installed Gmail from market, auto sync is switched off, whenever I open the app it starts to sync to get the latest mails and the new mails are shown. Now when I click on the mail it opens and shows the body content, if I touch to scroll the mail content, he mail content disappears, go back and do same for another mail same issue.

Guest Cusy

well, I only can say just because you or some like you wants more space '' Install the mini gapps and then complain why it dont have some apps ''

sorry dont get it in a bad way but what u expect ?? Mini gapps with 100 apps in ??

For better phone function tpt your phones to 220 mb partition size and install rom with full gapps and then a2sd or whatever.Again you will have 190mb free internal storage and u can install as many apps as u want !

i dont know if gtalk is in mini gapps but and if it is and it doesnt install then do what i said above :)

Edit : just saw in mini gapps and is not there so go for full gapps ;)

I only expect that the app itself is installable from the market (Like Voice Search and GMail). With full gapps is show as compatible, with mini isn't. I've aroud 25mb free on my 205mb system partition (a 220mb isn't really needed right now, i've tested and got some free space on 205 with full Gapps after deleting Trebuchet Launcher (i use Nova Prime)), so i'm not complaing about space. I'm using minigapps since i don't wanna bloat my /system partition with unusable apps like "face unlock" that cannot really work on the blade due to hw missing. Must Talk.apk be placed on /system as a system app? Can't it be downloaded from the market like GMail/GMaps and other Gapps? Is that why it's not show as compatible after flashing mini-gapps or do we really miss some libs that GTalk needs in order to run?

Guest targetbsp

yes. Specifically you are missing the file 'gtalk' :D It's never been in mini gapps and no one has mentioned it until now so I assumed no-one used it. the app is not on the market - it can only be installed via gapps. So your best bet is to use full gapps or at least grab the file from full gapps and stick it in mini gapps.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest birdibird

gtalk is working fine with mini gapps, just copy the apk to /system/app

(i'm on 160mb system)

edit: to get the talk.apk, download the full gapps and extract it from the zip

Edited by birdibird

Guest пенис

Thanks,

Anyone knows where in this Rom we can find the setting that set installation to SD Card?

There is'nt. You've to use s2e. Follow the link provided.

Guest jeddy1

Well guys i found something weird with youtube .

When i watch a video(whatever in HQ it doesnt work well as mentioned ).

But when my son watch teletubbies in HQ it works very well :).

Is that bec maybe the video has lower quality than new videos or what :) ?

Guest i am not a hacker

Yes. It is not just Youtube HQ, even local videos which are high quality will lag and freeze so it is because teletubbies is lower quality.

Guest Jesta99

Guys one strange issue not sure if this is app or rom issue, would like others feedback as what might be wrong. I am on mini gapps package and have installed Gmail from market, auto sync is switched off, whenever I open the app it starts to sync to get the latest mails and the new mails are shown. Now when I click on the mail it opens and shows the body content, if I touch to scroll the mail content, he mail content disappears, go back and do same for another mail same issue.

same thing happened to me, upgrade your apps using the play store... the issue will then be fixed