[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest davidnintendo

My report, it is really smooth but also really slow. 10 minutes after you turn the phone on any open app will freeze and keep asking you to force close it. Then it just shows a black screen. I didn't check the option to kill apps I'm not using because if I do, the launcher restart every time I go back home from any app and takes like 5 minutes to get the applist back again. I am using a stock gen2 partition layout and flashed in the order posted in the first thread changing in the ROM package Trebuchet to NovaLauncher and adding Gmail and Youtube to the gapps package.

Still, this ROM sure looks very promising!

My Blade is an european Blade bought to Yoigo in Spain. It's gen2 from factory and I never TPTd it because TPT doesn't work on it, I don't know why, just in case this information is necessary.

Edited by davidnintendo

Guest michael spped

i think the variation is by flashing method. i did flash it around 4 times to get it right. if it goes wrong it reboots without any fc.i think if wipe is done just after flashing it crashes. i did is wipre(/system,factory reset) ,flash,reboot, recover, wipe again, reboot, gapps-15 after that boots start sync account.reboot. after its stable. nw instaling other apps

Guest epyloxias

tilal6991,

for those who don't understand much, could you please update your 1st post (according on how to do a FULLY/SHINE 'N CLEAR WIPE).

And I'm telling you this 'cause durring to my reading of all these posts, I understood that many of these problems MIGHT be caused by HALFWIPED actions.

Thanks in advance.

After notorious hangs och reboots i've installed everyting again , this time unticked everything regarding Google , just login to my account. Switched Launcher Trebuchet to Nova (new version) instead. Now it rocks !! :D

Partition checked with Terminal app. included in the build , just write 'df' och enter gives me : cache 2 mb (1 mb used) , system 180 mb (168 used) , data 257mb (57 used).

Unfortunately this rom and my blade don't get on at the moment . Tried installing it twice following the instructions from the first thread.

Issues:

Doesn't recognise usb connection / charger (pre & post google apps install)

Leds remain on behind physical buttons

Apps dont always load when pressing apps drawer (changed the drawer settings as per previous posts)

Gallery doesnt load

Very sluggish generally.

No problem with WiFi connection.

BLADE TFT - GEN1 to GEN2 210MB TPT

Thanks for your efforts tilal.

tilal6991,

for those who don't understand much, could you please update your 1st post (according on how to do a FULLY/SHINE 'N CLEAR WIPE).

And I'm telling you this 'cause durring to my reading of all these posts, I understood that many of these problems MIGHT be caused by HALFWIPED actions.

Thanks in advance.

do Factory reset, data wipe.

wipe cache. (format /data and /cache)

format /system. <- this helps

flash ROM

reboot recovery

wipe data

flash GAPpS

reboot phone.

in DeV settings, you might want to limit background process to at most 2.

Edited by ufizo

Guest epyloxias

flash ROM

reboot recovery

flash GAPpS

reboot phone.

in Dec settings, you might want to limit background process to at most 2.

THATS what I'm talking about.

Thanks mate. B)

Guest tilal6991

flash ROM

reboot recovery

wipe data

flash GAPpS

reboot phone.

Thanks just updated the first post with your instruction :P

Guest epyloxias

You could also add to the 1st post the right way on creating the apropriate partion for the ROM. :D

Guest epyloxias

You could also add to the 1st post the right way on creating the apropriate partion for the ROM. :D

Guest Cata_Simi

1 do Factory reset, data wipe.

2 wipe cache. (format /data and /cache)

3 format /system. <- this helps

4 flash ROM

5 reboot recovery

6 wipe data

8 flash GAPpS

9 reboot phone.

I have tried first time step by step and didn't work very well, but worked much better without step 6

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest davidnintendo

flash ROM

reboot recovery

wipe data

flash GAPpS

reboot phone.

I tried that and somehow it made it worse. Now it boots the first time but without even giving me time to enter mi PIN it reboots and enters an endless boot loop.

Guest the Mitu

No way. My blade must be screwed up somehow...

Pretty smooth, but also laggy as hell for me, not usable at all. :(

Maybe this ROM is pretty good, but my Blade must really hate ICS. Will go back to CM7 and it seems I have to give up ICSing for now...

Stock partitions (2xx MB system), so it's not because of too little space. Wiped data/cache/dalvik cache both before and after installing ROM+GApps.

Guest Amelo007

Tilal, followed your guide to the letter, first wipe data/cache, format system, rom, and your gapps, and I must say: Everything is now working properly! Formatting the system, and using your gapps seemed to do all the difference in the world. Everything is faster then ever, and VERY stable. Great job man, keep up the good work!

1. do Factory reset, data wipe.

2. wipe cache. (format /data and /cache)

3. format /system. <- this helps

4. flash ROM

5. reboot recovery

6. wipe data

7. flash GAPpS

8. reboot phone

didn't do step 3 or 6 personally and working fine apart from camera as mentioned earlier, but that was never a strong selling point for me...

turned off dithering, launcher is unchanged, ONDEMAND MIN 245 MAX 640

no idea what partition size I had, knew it would be fine as I had GEN1 to GEN2'd which gives you the correct partition I had read somewhere

this is on an original first release OLED UK San Fran

Latest version is awesome rom, thanks tilal!

No force closes and random reboots. Only problem what I have is usb-cable recognition and I can't charge phone, but anyways excellent high quality work, thanks! :)

I wanted to stress on two things:

formatting /system before flashing ROM

and

formatting /data before flashing GAPPS.

I dont understand how this could make it worse!

If this is causing issues or boot loops, proabably GAPPS is not getting installed properly? Try diffrent gapps package?

Guest davidnintendo

I don't understand it either, but now that I think about it, I have both tilal and full ics gapps on my sdcard root, so perhaps this time I flashed full gapps instead without noticing. Perhaps it has something to do with that.

i havent make factrory reset, installed stripped gapps and i get a lot of reboots, still i dont know if thats the problem, i'm gonna try with factory reset now :/.

Edited by StVak

Guest targetbsp

i havent make factrory reset, installed stripped gapps and i get a lot of reboots, still i dont know if thats the problem, i'm gonna try with factory reset now :/.

you'd certainly have to factory reset/wipe data if coming form any other rom.