[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest awarner

Just a comment, nice to see the discussion that became a little heated due to being mistaken for possible "trolling" as the saying goes return back on topic.

Thanks guys and hope to see the ROM improve for everyone who uses it, remember development can take time.

Found some issues with Link2SD and FCs so won't release today. Working on fixing them as I want a completely stable ROM so I can start working on features like Bluetooth.

Great attitude, get it fully stable with core system functionality first and never get pressured by guys who would moan about lack of features. This is an in-developement ROM and the way you progress with it is impressive anyway.

I'm back at CM7 again because of poor stability (lots of freezes and slowdowns with recent build), but I eagerly test-fly each of your releases as it looks very promising.

The ROM works very well..there is no laggy ui and no as such random reboots..the reason so many different results are coming is because of various different flashing methods i think..

what i did was everything upto the first reboot as said on the first post everything worked perfectly (before installation of GAPPS) except the gallery..then its a slight mess installing GAPPS as once you wipe data cache and dalvik and flash tilal's GAPPS it boots and then one reboot as system process stops working then i went to recovery AGAIN and wiped data cache and dalvik and then when the phone started left it like that for 5 mins..then signed into google (no lag yet..no reboots except the one in the beginning..)Market worked instantly..downloads etc perfect no lag at all yet or no reboots in the middle of anything phone calls etc perfect..The only 2 bugs i faced was

1.when you try and reboot normally pressing the power button the phone shows rebooting and freezes so i had to take out the battery

2.Gallery it doesnt say i dont have photos but it just doesnt show the photo at times touching areas of the screen lead me to certain albums but i still cant see anything..

3.Games dont work..2D or 3D for me

The DEV tilal is right he doesnt experience reboots or laggy ui because there isnt..The key is to be patient after every boot and it works PERFECT!(in terms of lag and reboots)

Very well done!

Edit:My phone is stock gen 2 220mb system partition..all these results and tests were on no OC and only surface dithering was off and max processes was set to 2..

Edited by k.d.11

Guest Amelo007

Cool, cant wait to try! But I also tried something I read in the MIUI thread, that if you switch out your boot.img with burstlams from his 5.5.1 release, and resign it, you get much more stability. And I can confirm that it works awesome. Stability is great, and now it even faster then before

Did gallery work before btw? It sure as hell works now, and it's damn fast

Edited by Amelo007

Guest tilal6991

Cool, cant wait to try! But I also tried something I read in the MIUI thread, that if you switch out your boot.img with burstlams from his 5.5.1 release, and resign it, you get much more stability. And I can confirm that it works awesome. Stability is great, and now it even faster then before

Did gallery work before btw? It sure as hell works now, and it's damn fast

Don't need that any more - it's utterly stable now.

Guest syst3m68

Also read somewhere on here people having problems with Music.

Try this. Will need to titanium backup the original music app and place the downloaded .apk in system/app folder, i think it works a treat. :)

http://www.seeingpix...9-music_16.html

EDIT: was meant to be on the Skate forum, but if you are having problems, try it. :P

Edited by syst3m68

Whatsapp doesn't work on ics yet

It does because I ran it on my tablet which is on CM9. Also someone else in the MIUI thread said it works on CM9 MIUI on the desire. So I think it must be something to do with the porting of these ROMs

Guest targetbsp

One more thing Tilal, every time I restart my phone it resets the "Use only 2G network" setting. Could you fix that?

I think even CM7 does that. Does for me anyway.