[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest steeperton

i got a 32GB class 10 samsung micro SD card yesterday and popped it in my ZTE Blade to use it.

On the Coldfusion x 15/6 i only get a message that the card is ready to Unmount. And i cant access it.

A 16 GB class 4 works fine on that phone.

On the moldovan mile high mountain pie though (different phone), the 32 gb card is working properly.

anyone has a similar issue?

I'm using a 32Gb C10 card without problems. Try reformatting / partitioning it via CWM. Otherwise, I'm afraid that the Blade hardware (or maybe even your specific one) seems to be incompatible...

Guest arpit22x

Just upgraded with ur yesterday's build, now downloading the new one.... so fast updates... u r working hard for us!!! thanx.

relaxed after finding my gps working again in the yesterdays build....

Guest iBanana

Hi, I was using the previous 7.0.1 version of Cyanogen, but now I'm testing this version so I can improve the performance of my device.

I downloaded the previous version containing the update from 15 June and After the reboot the system could not boot, it got stuck on the boot animation.

The only "error" output during the instalation was the "Out of space to install extras".

I tested a few times with the same results.

I'm downloading now the latest version to try it out, but can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I will post the new results in a few moments with this new version. Ty for the quick updates!

Guest Hayden3430

Hi, I was using the previous 7.0.1 version of Cyanogen, but now I'm testing this version so I can improve the performance of my device.

I downloaded the previous version containing the update from 15 June and After the reboot the system could not boot, it got stuck on the boot animation.

The only "error" output during the instalation was the "Out of space to install extras".

I tested a few times with the same results.

I'm downloading now the latest version to try it out, but can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I will post the new results in a few moments with this new version. Ty for the quick updates!

Let me guess, u forgot to partition your file system?

Guest jolny

First of all, let me just say how awesome you are, tilal. :)

Secondly, can anyone tell me whether I need to install another ROM before this one? I'm on stock ZTE 2.2 with 2.6.32.9 kernel and don't know if the kernel is supposed to be updated separately or not.

Thanks!

Guest iBanana

I had a previous custom ROM so I have the partition system in place. But not sure if the partition system contains the necessary amount of space required in each partition.

From df -h i found out that I have enough to cover the 185 Mb.

One thing that I don't understand is what's this -> "A2SD - S2E"

and is this a requirement?

NOTE: testing the latest version available released today. More results soon.

Guest Hayden3430

I had a previous custom ROM so I have the partition system in place. But not sure if the partition system contains the necessary amount of space required in each partition.

From df -h i found out that I have enough to cover the 185 Mb.

One thing that I don't understand is what's this -> "A2SD - S2E"

and is this a requirement?

NOTE: testing the latest version available released today. More results soon.

185mb should be enough, s2e is a script that lets you move applications that you wouldn't usually be able to an ext on your sd-card. personally i don't use it as i see no difference and causes problems sometimes. you should change your tpt to 'gen1 to gen2 v10 stock' and then try again.

Guest iBanana

This is what I have done:

- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.7

- Wipe data/factory reset

• outputs
    • wiping data...
    • formatting /data
    • formatting /cache
    • formatting /sd-ext
    • No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext
    • formatting /sdcard/.android_secure
    • Data Wipe complete

- Wipe cache partition
      - Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
      - Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> selected the mod

• outputs

• Finding update package
        • Opening update package
        • Installing update
        • (previous version 15 June shows this) No space left to install extras
        • (both versions show this at the end) Install from sdcard complete

- Reboot device

Using the first version 15 June The system could not boot. I'm testing now with 28 June Version (today). I will let you know the results in a bit.

UPDATE: Both versions get stuck at boot, i'm trying to follow the instructions posted by Hayden3430 to use the "gen1 to gen2 v10 stock" but i'm confused because i already flashed my device last year from gen1 to gen2.

I'm trying to figure this out and I will post the results.

UPDATE2: For those who are having problems like I did, just install the "gen1 to gen2 v10 stock" and everything will work! Thank you Hayden3430 for the help.

Edited by iBanana

Guest Hayden3430

This is what I have done:

- Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.7

- Wipe data/factory reset

• outputs
    • wiping data...
    • formatting /data
    • formatting /cache
    • formatting /sd-ext
    • No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext
    • formatting /sdcard/.android_secure
    • Data Wipe complete

- Wipe cache partition
      - Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
      - Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> selected the mod

• outputs

• Finding update package
        • Opening update package
        • Installing update
        • (previous version 15 June shows this) No space left to install extras
        • (both versions show this at the end) Install from sdcard complete

- Reboot device

Using the first version 15 June The system could not boot. I'm testing now with 28 June Version (today). I will let you know the results in a bit.

You should really flash you tpt again and get the lastest version of CWM. http://amphoras.co.u...oads/blade-tpts us Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10 stock.

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest iBanana

You should really flash you tpt again and get the lastest version of CWM. http://amphoras.co.u...oads/blade-tpts us Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10 stock.

Ty i'm following the instructions on that website. But i tought i had the gen2 version because i upgraded from gen1 to gen2 last year before I Installed the CM7.0.1.

UPDATE:

I used Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7 in the past.

Edited by iBanana

Guest NeilDavies

One thing I have found across multiple builds is that my volume settings do not persist across reboots. I always have to turn up the volume after a reboot as it seems to reset to ~60%.

Anyone else?

Guest shmizan

sometimes my volume goes as low as 2 steps for no apparent reason. and I'm not using CFX but my own build.. seems like a universal problem

Guest iBanana

Ok done. ClockworkMod is now version 5.0.2.0 :blush:

... installing latest mod again :)

UPDATE:

:D yay :D working like a charm! Thank you very much Hayden3430, seems that I had to install the latest update to meet the partition requirements.

Edited by iBanana

Guest prasad_den

Wow.. another build within 24 hrs..! I had downloaded the 27/06 build yesterday thinking I'll flash it today. Now there's a completely new build.. :)

Anyway, can someone please confirm - do I need to wipe data and cache if I'm upgrading from 15/06 build to 28/06 build? Or can I just flash the ROM and hope things to go smooth?

Guest HumaDroid

Anyway, can someone please confirm - do I need to wipe data and cache if I'm upgrading from 15/06 build to 28/06 build? Or can I just flash the ROM and hope things to go smooth?

wipe data, else you might notice FCs..

Edited by HumaDroid